Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Margate

littlehampton

Match Preview

We are having a great season, there's plenty to be positive about at the moment, we are second in the Isthmian League Premier Division table, playing well, and are in touching distance of the league leaders. Tomorrow, we go head-to-head with eighth placed Margate, who narrowly beat us earlier in the season. It will be another tough test against a team also in good form.

We need to extend our winning run, make home advantage tell, and pick up another three points to keep ahead of our rivals.

Our supporters have a major role to play. This season they have been absolutely brilliant, home and away, and their continuous noisy support and encouragement has really helped lift our team, like a twelfth man, and now we are in to the challenging second half of the season, that support is more important than ever, as our guys battle for a place in the playoffs or beyond.

Tomorrows match will attract an above average crowd. Let's all be there for what promises to be another thrilling contest, with a great atmosphere, and give Andy and the boys the support they deserve.

See you there !   ' COME ON THE TOWN '

Can't make it down today .. possibly a walk to my local Saffron Walden .. but will be following on twitter ..

I said I would be happy with 7 pts from 9 in the last 3 games of Jan, but having won 6 from 6, no reason why we can't get another win!

Hopefully we start the game better than Tuesday. They will be desperate for a win as they are in danger of falling too far behind the play offs  ..

If we can keep our shape and possession, we will always score with our strikers!

I predict - another 2-1 victory!

Forgettable 1st half.   Margate were disappointing.   We came out strongly to finish it off 2nd half.   Heard there were 4 scouts there today so obviously our No10 isn't doing himself any harm.

Very strong all round performance, don't think anyone had a bad game.    Their 6 should have been sent off in the last few for deliberating clattering into Adam.

What appeared to be a very difficult month probably couldn't have gone much better.

Anyone seen anything of our Herts neighbours recently.....ha it's all gone very quiet.

1 hour ago, djwilf said:

Heard there were 4 scouts there today so obviously our No10 isn't doing himself any harm.

I was wondering about this. I guess the ideal scenario would be that a league club pay us a fee and then loan him back to us for the remainder of the season?

Although only a desperate club would be looking to pay for a player who is out of contract in the summer, and in which case wouldn't want to loan him out. Besides, none of the Football League clubs have money to splash about at the moment.

So I guess his suitors will bide their time till the summer.

Excellent 3 points.

Had hoped to be able to get there to day but told to wait for a while longer. Actually it is not too bad because, being superstitious, it seems my forced absence coincides with our winning streak. Would hate it to end the next time I turn up.

It seems that Jake Cass is the ideal partner for MO. Long may it last.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

'Town' Close Gap On Leaders With Impressive Victory

Back in September 'Town' lost 2-1 to Margate at Hartsdown Park, when The Blues netted a 90th minute winner. Yesterday, it was a very different story, as 'Town' extended their winning run, delivering an inspired performance to overcome Margate 4-0, with a dominant second half performance, which secured the three points, and sparked wild celebrations during and after the game. Nice to hear our fans singing as they left the Stadium !

These are exciting times for everyone at our Club. There is still a long way to go this season, but it was an inspiring experience at the QE11 Stadium yesterday, and there was a 'nice buzz' about the place, linked with a feeling that Andy has assembled a strong, hard-to beat side, which is playing with growing belief and confidence, that it might well be capable of achieving something special this season.

Well done to Andy, his football management team, and all our players on yesterdays showing. and to all our loyal fans on another great display of pride and passion for our team.

Let's keep it going guys !  Together we are strong, and can achieve great things. COYT

Great game yesterday never doubted us at all. The energy around the club is amazing I must say 

Still a while to go but if we keep this up who knows what can happen once again our attack showing their worth but I’m happy our defence were able to keep a clean sheet. Good to see Jerry Gyebi back in alongside Bray who I thought both had a great game 

credit to AL as he seems to be doing something right