Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

On 27/06/2023 at 10:05, Matt said:

That's the plan! I'm pretty sure it'll be confirmed at the same time the change of ownership is formally announced.

What in 2025 then ! 😁

22 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Matt seems like a man in the know so I think we should all be optimistic on what he's hinting at. 

Let's hope so.

3 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Let's hope so.

TBH I think it's all been a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

If A23 were a wealthy company, which they are not, and our season and survival at this level of football depended on them funding us it would be something to worry about. 

We haven't gone out and splashed money on big name signings dishing out contracts left right and center.

Our playing budget for next season is sustainable and very likely to be similar to what we've had in the past funded in the main by estimated gate receipts, season tickets, food, drink etc.

So in the cold light of day whats to be concerned about?

Just now, Reading Rebel said:

If A23 were a wealthy company, which they are not, and our season and survival at this level of football depended on them funding us it would be something to worry about. 

We haven't gone out and splashed money on big name signings dishing out contracts left right and center.

Our playing budget for next season is sustainable and very likely to be similar to what we've had in the past funded in the main by estimated gate receipts, season tickets, food, drink etc.

Oh don’t go getting them all hot around the collar again!!! I resisted using the word tizz Nathan… 😆

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

The concern would be running out of money a quarter or halfway through the season again, and getting rid of players and staff because the club can't afford them again !

Edited by 3spirit

On 25/06/2023 at 14:45, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Glenn

The question is out there and it is up to Ashley or the club to provide valid answers to this question, as without clear and concise details to why the FA have yet to grant the change of ownership there will be plenty more questioning the position the club is in to fund the seasons campaign.

The silence only strengthens the question "what is being hidden from the fans?"

The silence continues, and to expand on my question, the new proposed ownership of the club is under the A23 Football Group Ltd banner, which is now solely owned by Ashley Smith, which based on the last accounts submission to Companies House has limited funds.

So how much money is Mr Smith putting in himself, and how much is he expecting others to put in?

So who will financially own the club?

Questions that the loyal die hard fans should know the answers to as allegedly it is a community football club.

Currently the fans are being treated with contempt thought the lack of information, but are then being asked to blindly put their hands in their pockets and buy memberships.

The longer this goes on the more fishy it starts to smell!

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

The silence continues, and to expand on my question, the new proposed ownership of the club is under the A23 Football Group Ltd banner, which is now solely owned by Ashley Smith, which based on the last accounts submission to Companies House has limited funds.

So how much money is Mr Smith putting in himself, and how much is he expecting others to put in?

So who will financially own the club?

Questions that the loyal die hard fans should know the answers to as allegedly it is a community football club.

Currently the fans are being treated with contempt thought the lack of information, but are then being asked to blindly put their hands in their pockets and buy memberships.

The longer this goes on the more fishy it starts to smell!

So going by your statement, you will not be attending any league games until the official statement is released plus other questions are answered?

50 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

So going by your statement, you will not be attending any league games until the official statement is released plus other questions are answered?

Gleen

Surprised you saw this post with your head so deep in the sand!

All I and I am sure many other Slough fans want is some answers to what is happening to OUR football team!

1 minute ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Gleen

All I and I am sure many other Slough fans want is some answers to what is happening to OUR football team!

First it was Glenn, now Gleen!

1 minute ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Gleen

Why not get all your crew to sign a petition and demand answers from the board as you’re so sure there’s something deeper going on behind the scenes? 

4 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Gleen

It’s so odd that for me I’m finding this pre season as one of the most exciting and anticipated forthcoming season but then you get people like him above who’s the total opposite and can only see the negatives? 

34 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's pretty clear by now that the hold up in ownership has nothing to do with the FA or NL.

As long as the playing budget is sustainable by the club and not reliant on A23 is all that matters.

How do you know?