Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

As you don’t trust anyone’s word I’d like to see you seek out Ashley Smith at one of the friendlies, tell him all your negative feelings and listen to his replies. Then make your mind up. Are you prepared to do that?

Glenn

Only one question for Ashley: where is the money now going to come from and can he cover the costs himself or what new backers does he have?

I suggest all supports should be asking him this as it is the key question to the future of the club! (Yes I do know something)

And Glenn I don't go to the friendlies as they are glorified training games.

23 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Glenn

Only one question for Ashley: where is the money now going to come from and can he cover the costs himself or what new backers does he have?

I suggest all supports should be asking him this as it is the key question to the future of the club! (Yes I do know something)

Ask him not me! I would say ask him at the first home match but by the sounds of it you’re not parting with any money until you get the assurances you’re seeking, puts you in a bit of a catch 22 situation!

3 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Ask him not me! I would say ask him at the first home match but by the sounds of it you’re not parting with any money until you get the assurances you’re seeking, puts you in a bit of a catch 22 situation!

Glenn

The question is out there and it is up to Ashley or the club to provide valid answers to this question, as without clear and concise details to why the FA have yet to grant the change of ownership there will be plenty more questioning the position the club is in to fund the seasons campaign.

The silence only strengthens the question "what is being hidden from the fans?"

For me this is a matter of "everything if fine and above board, provided they say that it is". As we've heard nothing in this regard, it's natural that questions are going to be asked.

A few weeks ago, I asked on this forum whether the takeover had been completed or not. This question required a simple yes/no answer. I didn't receive one. This raised further questions, relating to money/budget, the promised fan's forum, why Scotty is making public pronouncements about new owners etc. If we're simply waiting for somebody to cross t's and dot i's then I really don't see why the club/A23 can't release a statement to this effect. I'll even draft one:

"STFC/Orchard Sports and A23 group remain committed to the completion of the takeover, and assure supporters that nothing has changed in regard to the possible timeframe given in our statement of 23rd February. We are still waiting on X/Y/Z, and this is unfortunately beyond the control of either party. We thank supporters for their patience, and look forward to seeing them again in the new season."

I really don't see how this is hemorrhaging confidential details that could possibly jeopadise the process, but this would put my mind at ease (for the time being at least). It's the deathly silence that's putting me "in a tizz".

11 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Glenn

The question is out there and it is up to Ashley or the club to provide valid answers to this question, as without clear and concise details to why the FA have yet to grant the change of ownership there will be plenty more questioning the position the club is in to fund the seasons campaign.

The silence only strengthens the question "what is being hidden from the fans?"

Ok I’m feeling dizzy going around and around on this subject… you sit and wait for all the answers whilst I and the vast majority of fans look forward and enjoy the season.

11 minutes ago, Nathan said:

For me this is a matter of "everything if fine and above board, provided they say that it is". As we've heard nothing in this regard, it's natural that questions are going to be asked.

A few weeks ago, I asked on this forum whether the takeover had been completed or not. This question required a simple yes/no answer. I didn't receive one. This raised further questions, relating to money/budget, the promised fan's forum, why Scotty is making public pronouncements about new owners etc. If we're simply waiting for somebody to cross t's and dot i's then I really don't see why the club/A23 can't release a statement to this effect. I'll even draft one:

"STFC/Orchard Sports and A23 group remain committed to the completion of the takeover, and assure supporters that nothing has changed in regard to the possible timeframe given in our statement of 23rd February. We are still waiting on X/Y/Z, and this is unfortunately beyond the control of either party. We thank supporters for their patience, and look forward to seeing them again in the new season."

I really don't see how this is hemorrhaging confidential details that could possibly jeopadise the process, but this would put my mind at ease (for the time being at least). It's the deathly silence that's putting me "in a tizz".

So you’re happy for the club to regurgitate the same statement from months ago and that will ease your tizziness? When the club gets news they’ll tell us it’s no secret society, I’m certain the board are just as frustrated but maybe just not on the same tizzy level you are!

43 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

I don't go to the friendlies as they are glorified training games.

Just out of interest do you still go to any Slough Town home matches? What was the last home match you attended?

And with your objections to committing to a membership/season ticket for the coming season, were you a season ticket last season?

It’s just that if you do & you were, with all your complaining and vociferous criticism of club officials, I can’t imagine it is a particularly welcoming place for you (although I haven’t got a clue who you are, presumably the club officials & others on here do know you).

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Glenn

This is on the assumption that A23 are already funding the club, which I would suggest only a small minority of people would know.

Edited by Reading Rebel

41 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Just out of interest do you still go to any Slough Town home matches? What was the last home match you attended?

And with your objections to committing to a membership/season ticket for the coming season, were you a season ticket last season?

It’s just that if you do & you were, with all your complaining and vociferous criticism of club officials, I can’t imagine it is a particularly welcoming place for you (although I haven’t got a clue who you are, presumably the club officials & others on here do know you).

Season ticket number 206

Did not attend as many games as I would like due to family issues and having to stay COVID free due to the treatment.

The reason for the questioning is that I have witnessed the days of Martyn Deaner where answers to questions were always followed with the statement "in two weeks time", I have experienced the dark days of our slip down the league including being one of those singing their guts out at the "relegation party" against AFC Wimbledon, and the FA cup game whilst at Sycob where we had no keeper and Wilko played in goal.

I was also at there in the good days for the cup runs and the promotions under Steve Easterbrook, and that is why I want to ensure that the club is managed correctly, having seen what happens to clubs when chairman fail to manage such as Windsor's tax bill and the double glazing companies of Canvey.

The club officials know who I am and know that I have always been prepared to ask probing questions to ensure the long-term survival of the club.

I even some times stand with Rob Anderson who I put some very awkward questions to up at the open meeting at Farnham Sports ground during the early planning stages of Arbour Park.

Yes I am not orthodox in my methods, but I have always had the long-term interests of the club from the fans perspective as the goal.

Curtis do you know where the funding of this and future seasons is coming from?

Please let me know if you do.

18 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'll suggest another statement that would reassure supporters:

''Just a short statement to let supporters know and reassure them that the take over of the club by the A23 group is going ahead as planned. We've been in contact with the FA and National League and despite the prolonged delay with the paperwork they have reassured us that there are no problems with the application from A23 Football Group becoming the new owners of STFC''.

Unless of course the club knows different.

Edited by Reading Rebel

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

So you’re happy for the club to regurgitate the same statement from months ago and that will ease your tizziness? When the club gets news they’ll tell us it’s no secret society, I’m certain the board are just as frustrated but maybe just not on the same tizzy level you are!

Surely 3 months down the road a new statement from the club wouldn't contain the same regurgitated information of 'we still await the necessary approvals' and 'we do not expect any issues'.

With pre season here and the new season almost upon us surely the club/A23 must of by now been in touch with the FA/NL wanting to know where they stand on how their application is progressing.

Surely the club wouldn't just sit back hoping that one day something will pop through the letterbox. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Surely 3 months down the road a new statement from the club wouldn't contain the same regurgitated information of 'we still await the necessary approvals' and 'we do not expect any issues'.

With pre season here and the new season almost upon us surely the club/A23 must of by now been in touch with the FA/NL wanting to know where they stand on how their application is progressing.

Surely you wouldn't just sit back hoping that one day something will pop through the letterbox. 

But if nothing has changed (i.e. still awaiting approval) then yes any statement will be much the same and in effect pointless! Some of you think there’s a hidden agenda at the club and for what reason would the club not tell their fans?

8 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

But if nothing has changed (i.e. still awaiting approval) then yes any statement will be much the same and in effect pointless!

It would not be pointless. It would show that the deal is still on track and that nothing untoward has happened to change that. It would also stop the rumour mill, and people from getting into a "tizz".

4 minutes ago, Nathan said:

It would not be pointless. It would show that the deal is still on track and that nothing untoward has happened to change that. It would also stop the rumour mill, and people from getting into a "tizz".

So you’d be satisfied for the club to release the same statement every 3 months for a year if it took that long? Why not try chilling out, trust the club have it in hand and wait for the announcement?

3 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

But if nothing has changed (i.e. still awaiting approval) then yes any statement will be much the same and in effect pointless! Some of you think there’s a hidden agenda at the club and for what reason would the club not tell their fans?

Glen it's been 3 months since the last statement from the club.

Do you really think the club or A23 have just sat back for the last 3 months and not been in touch with the FA asking for some reassurances on their application?

To plan and budget for the new season surely the club has needed some reassurances from the FA/NL to make sure that it doesn't all go belly up.

1 minute ago, GlenSTFC said:

So you’d be satisfied for the club to release the same statement every 3 months for a year if it took that long? Why not try chilling out, trust the club have it in hand and wait for the announcement?

Yes. It's called keeping the supporters onside. Not only must everything be done right, but it must also be seen to be done right. I'm staggered that you cannot understand this tbh!

And as I've already said, trusting the club had everything in hand didn't work out very well in 1998, 2001 and 2007; the club nearly folded on these occasions.

5 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Glen it's been 3 months since the last statement from the club.

Do you really think the club or A23 have just sat back for the last 3 months and not been in touch with the FA asking for some reassurances on their application?

To plan and budget for the new season surely the club has needed some reassurances from the FA/NL to make sure that it doesn't all go belly up.

I’m sure the club have chased it up but no doubt got a reply like “it’s in process, won’t be much longer, we’ll be in touch”.