Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

Excellent news! Yes we need to await to hear/read the detail but I would hope Scott is given the funds to build a competitive squad for next season. Plus it’ll be very beneficial to have the cream of the academy players grace our 1st team. As much as I wish the off the field development could involve the actual stadium somehow I doubt we’ll see any improvements.

To fill in the gaps from the club statement here is the company background to A23 and the owners:

Ashley Smith and Tom Nutter are the owners of A23 Football Group Ltd (12335486), they now have STFC (23) ltd (14588720) (registered on 12th Jan 2023) registered to them with 1000 shares - 950 owned by A23 and 25 each by Mike and Kay - total share value £100 - i.e. each share is worth £0.10

Ashley also owns BURNHAMSPORTSACADEMY LIMITED.

The directors were involved with other companies, but these have been dissolved.

Details of the last financial returns are on Companies House site.

Edited by Sir Rebel1965

12 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

To fill in the gaps from the club statement here is the company background to A23 and the owners:

Ashley Smith and Tom Nutter are the owners of A23 Football Group Ltd (12335486), they now have STFC (23) ltd (14588720) (registered on 12th Jan 2023) registered to them with 1000 shares - 950 owned by A23 and 25 each by Mike and Kay - total share value £100 - i.e. each share is worth £0.10

The directors were involved with other companies, but these have been dissolved.

We’re just all praying you love these owners more than the current 4!!!

Lets see their actions, and then we can make a judgement - the "ball" is in their court.

However Mike and Kay remain as Directors - which is positive. Adrian remains on the "operations" side which will maintain continuity.  However there is no mention of Craig Edwards.

We wait and see what changes may come about.

The key one is will there be changes on the pitch?

7 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

We’re just all praying you love these owners more than the current 4!!!

You don't need to love them - but you do need to trust them.

I certainly welcome any consortium that will safeguard the future of the club and have money to invest in the playing side.

I think it's wise to wait and see what their intentions are as far as putting money into the club before going over board on the new owners.

Looking at Companies House their last accounts were filed in 2021 and to be honest the accounts filed at that time do not show a lot of capital in A23 Football Group Ltd.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I certainly welcome any consortium that will safeguard the future of the club and have money to invest in the playing side.

I think it's wise to wait and see what their intentions are as far as putting money into the club before going over board on the new owners.

Looking at Companies House their last accounts were filed in 2021 and to be honest the accounts filed at that time do not show a lot of capital in A23 Football Group Ltd.

I am sure that Warren Carter likes the name!

9 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Correction : the nominal share value of each share is £0.10

Excellent news as gives stability at a time when it is most needed…

Now over to Scott and the players to keep us in the division…

The summer will show our new owners ambitions, personally I’ll be gutted if there isn’t the money available for a promotion push to the Conference BUT I still feel we need to own our own stadium before we get too ahead of ourselves… Hopefully that is all part of the plan!

COME ON YOU REBELS!

53 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

Excellent news as gives stability at a time when it is most needed…

Now over to Scott and the players to keep us in the division…

The summer will show our new owners ambitions, personally I’ll be gutted if there isn’t the money available for a promotion push to the Conference BUT I still feel we need to own our own stadium before we get too ahead of ourselves… Hopefully that is all part of the plan!

COME ON YOU REBELS!

Yes I agree, great to have some stability and I hope/expect the new owners to release a detailed statement outlining their ambitions for the club very soon. I just hope they’re up front and honest but obviously hoping they do have the funds to allow Scott to build a play off capable squad. I’d be very disappointed if this wasn’t possible.

One of my concerns is that they being an academy business, are they looking to use the club solely/mainly as a vehicle to bring their lads through and sell on? Obviously nothing wrong with that as the club would benefit from those players in the first team but for me firstly I’d want proper investment in the first team plus the cream of the academy players coming through (not pushed/forced upon) once ready. I guess time will tell and yes the summer transfer business will show exactly how ambitious our new owners really are.

The last filed accounts for A23 are for the period ending 31st August 2021, and the next accounts to 31st August 2022 are not required to be filed until 31st May 2023.

On the strength of this obviously quite old data it wouldn’t look like they would have had any funds to either purchase or invest in Slough Town Football Club. But maybe a lot has changed for them since August 2021.

At present, personally I would say there hasn’t been sufficient information provided by either the outgoing steering committee or the incoming owners to be able to draw any opinion on whether this is a good deal or not & what the future holds for the Club.

Just to put everyone’s minds at rest, it’s a good deal for the club. Once they’ve gained approval, another statement will go out regarding the finer details. I don’t think that they can say too much right now which is understandable.

They’ve certainly been a great sounding board for me along with the current board in the past few weeks. Everyone holds A23 in such high regard from a footballing point of view, so to be able to utilise their crop of young players also will be great for us as a management team.

Ive seen comments regarding us building a team of A23 players, that won’t be the case. It’ll be handpicking the better ones who can make the step up, like your Alfonso’s, Gabe’s, Imran’s, etc…

Onto Saturday! 😀

I think Curtis is right.

With their last accounts in 2021 showing very little money in the Bank to fund a club at our level we can only hope that they've had a stonking good last 2 years otherwise I can't see much investment from them into the playing side of the club. 

I think we need more information and perhaps a Q&A forum to iron out any questions or doubts that supporters will have.

8 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Just to put everyone’s minds at rest, it’s a good deal for the club. Once they’ve gained approval, another statement will go out regarding the finer details. I don’t think that they can say too much right now which is understandable.

They’ve certainly been a great sounding board for me along with the current board in the past few weeks. Everyone holds A23 in such high regard from a footballing point of view, so to be able to utilise their crop of young players also will be great for us as a management team.

Ive seen comments regarding us building a team of A23 players, that won’t be the case. It’ll be handpicking the better ones who can make the step up, like your Alfonso’s, Gabe’s, Imran’s, etc…

Onto Saturday! 😀

It's obviously great news Scott that we will be able to utilise the best of their Academy players but what I think most supporters want to know about is what sort of investment A23 will be able to put into the club to compete hopefully at this level and above. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's obviously great news Scott that we will be able to utilise the best of their Academy players but what I think most supporters want to know about is what sort of investment A23 will be able to put into the club to compete hopefully at this level and above. 

As much as I want answers immediately I think we all need to wait for them to release a statement as Scott states… then we can rip them apart!

6 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

As much as I want answers immediately I think we all need to wait for them to release a statement as Scott states… then we can rip them apart!

I'm not expecting answers now before it's all ratified and confirmed but it's something we need to know about asap.

As I said once the dust has settled why not hold a Q&A forum for the supporters to meet the new owners to iron out any questions supporters may have?