Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

4 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Yes. It's called keeping the supporters onside. Not only must everything be done right, but it must also be seen to be done right. I'm staggered that you cannot understand this tbh!

And as I've already said, trusting the club had everything in hand didn't work out very well in 1998, 2001 and 2007; the club nearly folded on these occasions.

I’m staggered you’re still blubbering on about this. Look you obviously have trust issues so you keep worrying about it and I’ll look forward to the season.

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

I’m staggered you’re still blubbering on about this. Look you obviously have trust issues so you keep worrying about it and I’ll look forward to the season.

Yes you do that. The rest of us will be keeping an eye on things, trying to ensure we don't hit an iceberg, or fall of the edge of the world (again).

12 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’m sure the club have chased it up but no doubt got a reply like “it’s in process, won’t be much longer, we’ll be in touch”. 

But you're only guessing.

A bit of communication/transparency would clear up any guess work.

If it means the club making a short statement every month or so to keep supporters informed then so be it.

Edited by Reading Rebel

5 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Look up Birmingham City's suspended points deduction for similar issues and tell me any concerns are blubbering.  

16 minutes ago, Norbert22 said:

Look up Birmingham City's suspended points deduction for similar issues and tell me any concerns are blubbering.  

No thanks as I’m not the one freaking out about it. If you lot are that concerned you know who to ask…

6 minutes ago, Norbert22 said:

Keep on being an ostrich then but don't jump down the the throats of others who are discussing valid concerns. If you can't be bothered to research an issue please don't post insulting posts accusing people of blubbering. 

Blubbering, Insulting? Wow I just never knew! Thank you for opening my eyes to your world of peace! Norbert I think you’ve had too many sherbets…

Edited by GlenSTFC

3 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Blubbering, Insulting? Wow I just never knew! Thank you for opening my eyes to your world of peace! Norbert I think you’ve had too many sherbets…

Have you looked in the mirror lately Glen? You've picked a strange hill to die on. When in a hole, stop digging.

2 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Have you looked in the mirror lately Glen? You've picked a strange hill to die on. When in a hole, stop digging.

You’re on a different frigging planet Nathan! 
Yeah I look in the mirror every day mostly when shaving or doing my hair! If you don’t agree with me it’s fine because I certainly don’t agree with you but don’t start talking crap about holes and digging.

5 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yeah I look in the mirror every day mostly when shaving or doing my hair! If you don’t agree with me it’s fine because I certainly don’t agree with you but don’t start talking crap about holes and digging.

I didn't mean it literally of course it was a figure of speech.

Obviously the hot weather is getting to you so I'm logging off from this discussion for now. Hopefully by next time you will have learnt to be constructive. As you say "chill" and don't get into a "tizz".

8 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Can i talk about holes and digging or am i banned too?

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Curtis do you know where the funding of this and future seasons is coming from?

I’m no wiser than you on this.

But they have clearly convinced all the club trustees that they can fund or have a solid business plan to fund the club for the foreseeable future, & I trust that Kay, Mike & Adrian only have the best interests of the club at heart.

Hopefully there will still be a fans forum where we are given an insight into the plans, as it would probably be a very good PR exercise, but although they would need to provide a financial plan to the National League, they really don’t have an obligation to us as fans to divulge how or by whom they are being funded.

14 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I didn't mean it literally of course it was a figure of speech.

Obviously the hot weather is getting to you so I'm logging off from this discussion for now. Hopefully by next time you will have learnt to be constructive. As you say "chill" and don't get into a "tizz".

You’re obviously not aware of when someone is taking the piss out of you! Yes you toddle off now and have a lie down and learn some new words.

The bottom line is as long as the budget is sustainable for next season regardless of what happens, which Scott has recently stated that it is sustainable, does it really matter if A23 are not announced officially as our new owners before the season starts?  

Edited by Reading Rebel

It was announced on Twitter yesterday that there will be a media day on 13th July, which those that purchased the clubs 1890 Membership Package (which I didn’t) are eligible to attend.

It will be interesting to see whether this answers some of the questions being raised on here.

10 minutes ago, Curtis said:

It was announced on Twitter yesterday that there will be a media day on 13th July, which those that purchased the clubs 1890 Membership Package (which I didn’t) are eligible to attend.

It will be interesting to see whether this answers some of the questions being raised on here.

This is separate to the fans forum and isn't a Q&A type event.

23 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Has a date been scheduled for the fans forum?

Presumably it will be before the season starts on 5th August?

That's the plan! I'm pretty sure it'll be confirmed at the same time the change of ownership is formally announced.