Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hawaii 5 0 (again)

urchinman1961

Well that made my day after a few damp squids at home we delivered the goods.After a tame first half nobody would guessed what was about to happen.Played some sublime football in the second half,seem to play better in front of smaller crowds,we're back,up the Urchins

Wasn’t expecting that at half time!

Wasn’t entirely happy with the antics of Potters Bar in the first half , they seemed to calm down with that second half thankfully.

Second half much better.
Ade looks like he’s going to be a handful for defences , already signs that the rest of the team are adjusting to him. New guy at centre half did a solid job too. Pleased for Tom getting two goals as well, that’s encouraging. Sam also did well, chipping in with a goal and an amazing cross field pass as well (didn’t lead to a goal but amazing skills anyway), Ellis also had a solid game.

Not sure it was a 5-0 game but who cares! Everyone else put a shift in, really pleased with the effort.

Enfield slipped up which moves us back to 3rd. 

Well done all and hoping we actually get to play Tuesday this time! COYU

Love a Hawaii

The Potters Bar team talk prior to the game must have been 'cmon lads, waste time, fall over, waste time, intimidate the officials, waste time, frustrate everyone oh and waste some time'

Glad that they got what they deserved and even their 12th and 13th men (ref and eastside linesman) couldn't help them in the end

Agree with players picked out above but also thought that Remi was also outstanding filling in at centre back

Great second half

de de de de de de de de de

I think Mark missed an opportunity to field a 2-2-6 formation.
Or even completely confound the opposition by starting Sam Higgins at centre half.
At half-time Potters Bar must have been happy that the game plan was working - but I think I've ever seen those tactics last 90 minutes and as soon as the first somewhat scrappy goal went in it seemed likely there would be more. Ellis goal was definitely onside as Dicko didn't touch the ball but I guess that evens out the Folkestone goal which I thought was offside.
Thought Tom Barton had an outstanding game. Not sure if he is here short term cover or in it for the long haul but calmly did what was required.

A bit of a scrappy first half due to the frequent stoppages. Joe pulled off a good save to keep us level although we had a couple of chances. Second half we got on top after going in front. Thought Ade had a good second debut and adds the to the firepower and we were better for having Lewis back in the middle. Agree Tom Barton had a fine match. Understand he was signed for cover while Ricky serves his suspension.

Really impressive second half display - once we scored it forced Potters Bar to open up and from then on there was only going to be one winner. Thought Tom was excellent and certainly did not look like a player playing the step below, was great to see Ade score and his hold up play was excellent too. Well played lads