Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Projections - 2023/24

Members will recall 'SSML Projections' threads for the last three campaigns so lets continue the trend for 2023/24. There's, as usual, a lengthy thread on another Forum on the subject including coverage of the SSML Pojections for Steps Five and Six. The links below are examples only of how the Premier Division and Division One might look next term as well as all the other League's:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sVy_lVhVryXsm8FQ4Orrpi7tD5cRcZmQmJRdRPNm2CU/edit#gid=305357068

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sVy_lVhVryXsm8FQ4Orrpi7tD5cRcZmQmJRdRPNm2CU/edit#gid=757159210

Extracts from the links above, green = promoted, purple = reprieved, red = relegated, yellow = transferred, white = unaffected:

ImageImage

Three Club's in Division Two have applied for promotion to Step 6 level, Codicote, Eynesbury United and Leighton Town Development, however it's looking like only Leighton Town Development will finish in the required top 5 at the end of the season and should, in the unlikely event, Leighton Town fail to get promotion to Step 4 that would rule out Leighton Town Development:

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, LondonEagle said:

Those projections suggest Real Bedford would be placed in UCL Prem, which is generally agreed to be a tougher league than SSML Prem?

Looks to me like the projections have them in the Spartan premier, no?

4 minutes ago, LondonEagle said:

Thanks - not in the projection posted above though by Rhodes - has Harlow in that one instead of Real Bedford.  

You gotta click the link to see what I assume is the latest information. Not sure what the snip is that Rhodes shared. 

Please note these projections are the thoughts of the poster and should not be taken as gospel, the FA will decide early May who will be in what league next season

Yes, the Projections change on a regular basis, I'm not sure why Harlow Town and West Essex were put into the SSML in the first place, maybe it was just a schoolboy error, as Karen always says. This seems to be a lot more realistic with Risborough Rangers and Real Bedford now included although I don't think Arlesey Town will be relegated even if they finish in the bottom two, the Club have not played at Step 6 level since the 1963/64 season:

image.png.db9e00da34742d39ebe67352e209f113.png

• 1 month later...

It looks as if we have lost Lutterworth Athletic next term:

On 20/03/2023 at 16:45, Rhodes said:

Three Club's in Division Two have applied for promotion to Step 6 level, Codicote, Eynesbury United and Leighton Town Development, however it's looking like only Leighton Town Development will finish in the required top 5 at the end of the season and should, in the unlikely event, Leighton Town fail to get promotion to Step 4 that would rule out Leighton Town Development

I assume that Codicote and Eynesbury United are no longer eligible for promotion to Step 6 level having unfortunately not finished in the top five of Division Two this season.

As previosly stated I hope Real Bedford remain in the South Midlands league.

This appears to be the likely SSML Division One for next season, Huntingdon Town are an interesting addition:

1 hour ago, Cruz said:

As previosly stated I hope Real Bedford remain in the South Midlands league.

Hi Cruz - I hope you are keeping well over there in Bolivia. Yes, you will be pleased to hear that Real Bedford will be remaining in the SSML next season:

Edited by Rhodes

It's goodbye to Rugby Borough next season which is a shame:

Goodbye to Amersham Town and Holmer Green next season:

And London Colney, which I'm delighted about as I like Cotlandswick and the people there, plus it saves us the mooted alternative of a 120 mile round trip to Aldermaston. We've really lucked out as we've avoided a couple of other long trips through laterals, I think we'll have less travel next year even with 2 more away games.

View from the Boundary - Yes, sorry, and London Colney, our big loss is very much your gain as they will be missed in the SSML although the Club may possibly appeal.