Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well that was a warm one!

Digger. The. Cat!

A stuffy drive around the A406 on a very warm afternoon.

The sprinkler system was in overdrive and providing relief to a number of players and supporters. 

Wingate pressed for the first ten minutes or so, we then got a grip of the game and the rest is history, comfortable performance in trying conditions. 

Excellent first half performance, always going to slow down in the second half (apart from Liam Nash who I’m now sure isn’t human!). Just a shame about the goal but when you score 4 then it’s not that important . Great away win and a reminder from Cray that they are a decent side with a good victory over leaders Chatham so we’re now second and there’s 1 point separating the top 5 so still need a few more games to get an idea of the league. Really pleased COYU 

Edited by cup of tea

New on here, very warm day today although nice and cool in the bar😅, I thought GK Henry was excellent again today and how good is it that we have 2 very good GK’s, so far the 2 best GK’s in the league. Higgo was great today too, great first touch and link up play, Joe Christou in midfield was amother on it today, some great cover tackles and calm in possession, not sure why he was taken off although he did work his socks off and what with the heat was probably a well deserved break, thought Nashy got better as the game went on! also thought the defence looked solid today too.

noticed the Cardiff lad Leahy not in the squad today, do we know why? is he injured or is it something to do with Steve Morrison f’ing and blinding at the boy last week v Fakenham which resulted in him being replaced at half time? There’s a few stories doing the rounds, just wondering if anyone knows the facts, I like the lad and thought he was excellent pre-season and haven’t really seen him since.

lastly, the midfielder from Leyton Orient, Harvest, is his loan a season long or shorter?

COYU👏

15 hours ago, Digger. The. Cat! said:

Jack was sat at the back of the stands. Morro was giving George the same this week.

I think we are beginning to see a certain style from Morro regarding commitment and team effort.

Yes, I don’t get the best sense that his an approachable type, I’ve heard others say around the ground that his very controlling, George is a great lad and one that needs encouragement and an arm around the shoulder to get the best out of him, Morrison has been heard telling his assistants Anthony Fenton and our own Ron Hanley to shut up and stop giving players instructions and everyone can hear him non stop abusing referees and linesman, even calling our own players shit to the dugout, I understand his a good coach, but at what price to the Urchins long term success, for me to date we played better football last season with on paper an overall weaker squad.

I fear Mr Morrison might be using us as a stepping stone to feed his own ego. Time will tell, but Alex Sharp, Colin and co are no mugs and I feel will put the club first, if push comes to shove.

Very interesting.

10 hours ago, HornSpurs said:

Yes, I don’t get the best sense that his an approachable type, I’ve heard others say around the ground that his very controlling, George is a great lad and one that needs encouragement and an arm around the shoulder to get the best out of him, Morrison has been heard telling his assistants Anthony Fenton and our own Ron Hanley to shut up and stop giving players instructions and everyone can hear him non stop abusing referees and linesman, even calling our own players shit to the dugout, I understand his a good coach, but at what price to the Urchins long term success, for me to date we played better football last season with on paper an overall weaker squad.

I fear Mr Morrison might be using us as a stepping stone to feed his own ego. Time will tell, but Alex Sharp, Colin and co are no mugs and I feel will put the club first, if push comes to shove.

Very interesting.

I believe there are many different types of manager styles tbh, we all respond differently and have preferential leaders/managers. Fergie & Jose & Pep are perfect examples.

He is a young manager with a proven playing pedigree, although he may have a lot to learn regarding man/staff management. So we may have to wait and see how he gets on.

We are playing a different style and on average with only five of last seasons players in each game. 

Do we look fitter? Yes.

Do we have a better squad? Hell yes!

Are we playing at our full potential yet ? I don't think so.

Ask me again at Christmas, and I am sure we will have more to talk about. It is a long season, so time will tell.

I'm hoping that we can all agree that something had to change from the end of last season. I think we were extremely fortunate to get to the playoff final, think that was down to the sheer willpower of the players more than anything else. We are fitter, we are playing better football and that awful gap on the left hand side post where teams were targeting us is pretty much closed up - we are still being targeted there but without anything like the kind of issues we had there last season.

Has Steve Morrison got some learning to do? I suspect he has but that's something he can work on. We're lucky to have both Alex and Colin at the club for a variety of reasons, one of the things Colin does bring is experience at this level, particularly with man management of players so there's somewhere for Steve to go if he needs advice should he require it. I can only see positives at the moment, I'm enjoying the football again. 

Edited by cup of tea