Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

All the best Higgo

urchinman1961

Well the guy is a legend and always will be in my eyes but I did wonder how he was going to get back into the team,spoilt for choice up front,all the best where ever you end up Sam

Seems a bit odd as he is presumably still injured and would not have got in the team anyway.

We have four good quality strikers (when Higgins is fit) who could be rotated if need be and in the event of one of them being injured.

It is often one player in, one out (and vice versa), wonder if someone else is lined up to join? 

not sure how much longer Sam will be out injured but at 34 still has a few years left in him.  Sad to see him leaving but in all honesty can not see him being a first-choice starter with the current front 3 and supporting players scoring goals so freely.

He has been a part of a group of players that have really taken the club forward and his goals will be missed but I am sure he will find another team where he can lead them from the front.

all the best Sam. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the article it says that he will be back within a fortnight which is when we play them. Hopefully he says he is injured for a week longer to do us one last favour 😉. Canvey have been hit and miss this season but it’s made that game 10X harder if he is fit.  He will get a good reception regardless . Thats now also going to be 2 former players in Dickson and Higgo facing us within a week. 

Edited by Up the chins

What a potentially fantastic player that Canvey has signed. A fit Sam Higgins will really put a focal point in Canvey's all around play and we know how good a striker he is - this could potentially kick start a Canvey resurgence in the league. As with Up The Chins, I hope he can avoid playing against us! Chris Dickson seems to have settled in as well, another player I had a lot of time for and he's also a nice guy as well.