Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Striker?

Reading Rebel

2 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

A trialist in the name of Andronicus Georgiou came on as a second half sub last night.

Looking at his CV he's a striker who last played for St Albans.

He's also named in our 1st team squad on the web site.

Is he the new striker that we've been looking to add to our squad? 

No he’s the trialist that Scott spoke about. Any player who makes a senior appearance goes into the squad list but doesn’t mean he’s signed. Plus I’m guessing he didn’t make that much of an impression! I’m hoping Scott is looking for a higher calibre of striker to sign.

Whoa there Glen 😅

Don't see the point of putting a player in the squad list if he's not signed for us. 

Came on in the second half, not sure when but possibly for 30 minutes?

Not the game and conditions to come on to try to impress.

The only thing I can say is that he looked quite quick. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

That was my point, he obviously had to be signed to play last night but is he a permanent signing otherwise what's the point of putting him on the squad listing.

The point is, he's there because he played last night and needs to be an active player in order for the website statistics to work. If he's not staying, he'll be made inactive.

3 hours ago, Curtis said:

If he wasn’t signed then he wouldn’t have been eligible to play in the B&B Cup.

3 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Signed a form to play yes but I mean signing as a permanent player. Anyway I’m sure Scott will clear this up!

The rules state that players must be "registered with the Club for any Team participating in a sanctioned Saturday Men’s League".

There are different ways of reading this. Does this mean that any "trialists" we played last night must also be registered to play in the NLS? Or do they simply have to have signed a form with the club?

Edited by Nathan

It should be noted that in addition to Georgiou, that also North, Stanks, Austin and Bilicki registered their first senior games for the club, making 32 players having so far turned out for the first team along with the club having 2 players out on loan.

Is this what a "small" squad looks like?

Or is a "small" squad more to do with the amount of funds Scott has available?

48 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

It should be noted that in addition to Georgiou, that also North, Stanks, Austin and Bilicki registered their first senior games for the club, making 32 players having so far turned out for the first team along with the club having 2 players out on loan.

What makes you Happy 🤣

18 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

We have 15 permanently signed senior players in our squad and 2 players on loan who will probably go back to their clubs in 4 weeks time.

1 player is injured and 1 player is making a gradual come back from injury.

The rest of our squad is topped up with A23 players who are not yet ready to play at NLS level.

So take away the A23 players it is a small squad.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

We have 15 permanently signed senior players in our squad and 2 players on loan who will probably go back to their clubs in 4 weeks time.

1 player is injured and 1 player is making a gradual come back from injury.

The rest of our squad is topped up with A23 players who are not yet ready to play at NLS level.

So take away the A23 players it is a small squad.

So, it is what our club can afford.

What is wrong with this model?

The only thing I deduce from it, is that Slough are not flushed with cash to 'splash it on more[numbers wise] permanently signed senior players or the real quality needed to challenge at the top of the table. However,this doesn't make it any less enjoyable in regards to watching competitive matches at this level. I just think fans need to be realistic in what the Slough board are able to do currently, and what Scott and his management team are able to do with the funds available.

To me this season was always about 'work in progress' under Scott Davies and his new put together management staff.

Success this season has been the fa cup run.

In the league it's been a mixed bag [form/results wise]. Scott has made mistakes but not calamitous ones.All in all so far he's done a pretty good job in his first full season in management but of course,this Slough team still has a long way to go.

If Slough can finish around fifteenth postion in the table [well out the relegation zone] I would say that isn't a bad return for Scott Davies and his merry men/and the new board of directors at this stage.

I’m actually delighted with our recent form…. 19 points from our last 11 league matches, and making the 1st round of the FA cup. It’s probably very close to our best run since we’ve been in the National South.

I’m just hoping it continues & we can pick up 10 points from our next 6 league matches (Taunton A, Farnborough H, Hemel Hempstead H, Aveley A, Hampton H & A).

53 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I’m actually delighted with our recent form…. 19 points from our last 11 league matches, and making the 1st round of the FA cup. It’s probably very close to our best run since we’ve been in the National South.

I’m just hoping it continues & we can pick up 10 points from our next 6 league matches (Taunton A, Farnborough H, Hemel Hempstead H, Aveley A, Hampton H & A).

I'll go with that Curtis.

What is it 2 points per game to get into a play-off position, shame we had a bad start to the season.