Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch 0-0 Whitehawk

Up the chins

It wasn’t meant to be today, had enough chances to win that game but even then they defended very well. Just one of those games. Thought we also defended brilliantly, Cooper was my MOTM. We can’t complain too much, they have beaten Ricay away this season and got a point at enfield and it wasn’t an easy game as expected in tough conditions. Big game Tuesday before we play Chatham against an In form Concord which will be tough, you probably wouldn’t have said that 2 months ago but that’s what confidence does. 45pts from 17 games is a fantastic return and with Ricay losing today it’s not a bad point at all. 5 clean sheets in a row, if you can’t win a game just don’t lose them and it keeps the points ticking along. 

Actually pleased to get a draw out of that game, they were well drilled defensively and they have a good goalkeeper - we also didn’t have a lot of luck in front of goal -  that goal line scramble to deny us and then the shot hitting the crossbar. One of those games that you can see the opposition sneaking a goal at the end and you’re scratching your head as to how it happened. Still comfortably top, still unbeaten COYU 

Edited by cup of tea

Boy that was a cold one, which could have warmed us all with a goal, but not to be. One of the better teams we have played, although they didn't really cause us much problems. A game of missed chances for us and a resilient keeper!

I've been cold at football before but today seemed a whole new level. I'm glad I'm not a brass monkey!

One of those games where we could have played another 90 minutes and not scored but not for lack of effort. 
As well as those already noted there were also several efforts over the bar which could have been so different with a little more composure. Ollie Muldoon's header that hit the keepers hands and diverted over. Ryan Scott's header inches wide of the post.

At the other end Quentin Monville kept their very lively winger under control and I can't remember Joe Wright having much to do apart from a couple of dashes out of his area.

Very strange stoppage though. The riverside linesman seemed to be concerned about frozen ground on the sidelines that he was running on even though no player had any concerns. The referee didn't even look at the area in question. I heard one of Whitehawk's players say "I'm not coming back here on a Tuesday night"