Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hampton and Richmond (home)

Reading Rebel

6 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Kev, saw you lurking at the back in the Sponsor's photo, you're becoming famous!! Great post as usual.

Will Windsor Rebel finish reading this?

I have read it end to end, good post as always although I had to take a tea break mid way through.

Edited by Windsor Rebel
edit

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Ian, I reckon we must be thinking the same.

You can understand my reluctance to say any more until I know that things can't be changed retrospectively !

Glad you liked the post.👍 

At the time and on the highlights I did spot something that I thought was odd.

After we scored the late equalizer and ran to celebrate in the corner the ref booked one of our players which I though at the time was for kicking the flag away.

Looking at the highlights the flag was kicked away by Temi and it looks like the ref booked Jammers.

Jammers did go to the crowd so I just assume that's was why he was booked.

Whether this has any connection to your question I don't know. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

I hope everyone realised that until we finish on Monday we aren't even half way through the season yet. Given that we are sitting at 30 points after that terrible start I'd say regardless of squad and new players, we are doing fairly well at this point. Assuming we don't have another massive losing run, we should be pushing mid-table and higher by the end of the season.

As for Nathan, we have watched him numerous times over the past 3 seasons at Beaconsfield and have been banging the drum that he is more than good enough for our level. I'd say he is proving that thus far and should end with 20+ goals this season. When was the last time we had a player do that?

20 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

I hope everyone realised that until we finish on Monday we aren't even half way through the season yet. Given that we are sitting at 30 points after that terrible start I'd say regardless of squad and new players, we are doing fairly well at this point. Assuming we don't have another massive losing run, we should be pushing mid-table and higher by the end of the season.

As for Nathan, we have watched him numerous times over the past 3 seasons at Beaconsfield and have been banging the drum that he is more than good enough for our level. I'd say he is proving that thus far and should end with 20+ goals this season. When was the last time we had a player do that?

Certainly hope you're right SF, 20+ league goals would be a great return.

You say 'thus far' I would say in the last half dozen games Nathan has improved and if I'm being totally honest before that it looked a step too high for him.

Still, as we've mentioned before lets hope it was just a 'settling in period' for him.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

Great post HR 

Really pleased that the yellow card can't be changed, I wish I hadn't spotted it.

As for sponsoring the game it was an absolute pleasure doing it in memory of my dad, my family really enjoyed it and i recommend it to anyone, you won't be disappointed.

As for the cat my wife volunteers in the cafe downstairs along side Margaret on Saturdays and she would be more than happy to tell you about her little black pussy ( she loves the carry on films ) HR is always very keen.

COYR

1 hour ago, bonjour said:

Great post HR 

Really pleased that the yellow card can't be changed, I wish I hadn't spotted it.

As for sponsoring the game it was an absolute pleasure doing it in memory of my dad, my family really enjoyed it and i recommend it to anyone, you won't be disappointed.

As for the cat my wife volunteers in the cafe downstairs along side Margaret on Saturdays and she would be more than happy to tell you about her little black pussy ( she loves the carry on films ) HR is always very keen.

COYR

Nice to speak to you on tuesday and i do remember your old man, hope your pussy is ok also

Edited by Windsor Rebel
edit

6 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

20+ goals in a season, James Dobson 2016-7?

20+ league goals, Ed Smith 2014-5?

Both at Step 3 though.

And now we have two potentials, Minhas & Goddard, & some still aren’t happy!

13 hours ago, Curtis said:

20+ goals in a season, James Dobson 2016-7?

20+ league goals, Ed Smith 2014-5?

Both at Step 3 though.

And now we have two potentials, Minhas & Goddard, & some still aren’t happy!

Curtis, they are still only potentials.

Long way to go with both players on 7 league goals we'll need at least a goal every 2 games from them.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Sometimes we all have to have a bit of a reality check with our expectations. 
Players are Conference South level or aspiring to better. Therefore they are not going to be perfect every minute of every game. 

It would be great to find a 30 goal striker who takes every chance . But they would not be with us for long ! 
enjoy the improvement in what we have and fingers crossed Scotty can find a solid replacement for Platt.