Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hampton and Richmond (home)

Reading Rebel

27 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

You must have missed Nathan’s twice fluffing one on ones then? In that position he needs to be at least hitting the target. Not just the strikers but you must have seen the numerous chances we’ve created but missed this season? Just think if we had an experienced proven striker how many extra goals and points we may now have? Of course it’s great others are scoring but you buy a striker to primarily score goals and we’re missing that piece currently which is why Scott is actively looking for another striker.

I watched match of the day yesterday, premier league strikers on £100k a week missed chances. The perfect finisher doesn’t exist. 

On Nathan Minhas, he has 10 goals in 28 appearances…… 5 goals from his first 20 appearances where I think he had some learning & adjusting to make regarding the new level he was playing at & the physicality & work rate required.

He has since scored 5 goals in his last 8 appearances which is a great strike rate, and if he can continue with this form he will score close to 25 goals this season. Yes, he is missing some great goal scoring opportunities, but he is now getting or creating those opportunities & I think he will start converting more of them.

I would back & encourage Nathan, I’m seeing a big improvement.

9 hours ago, Rebel Wokingham said:

Keep seeing comments about us desperately needing a striker, ignoring the fact that only 3 teams have scored more goals than us in the league. Those 3 are in the top 4 and we have 2 games in hand. Goals are not an issue and if you think Nathan Minhas isn’t performing well, you’re watching different games to me!. 

Today’s game was played between two good teams, in form, who both believed they could win it. We should have taken 3 points based on chances but the fact we’re disappointed after playing a team unbeaten in 16 and 2nd in the league should tell you where this team currently is. 

Firstly, I don't think anyone has publicly stated that we need a striker to replace Nathan Minhas.

So ignoring the fact that we'll be losing Mickel Platt very shortly, yes we are scoring goals from other areas of the pitch but on chances created we should be scoring a lot more.

Yesterday was just one example of not putting some gilt edged chances away which in the end cost us 2 points which would have catapulted us up the league into a challenging position. 

It's been said before that whilst it's great that the goals are being shared around imo if a club wants to do well, be successful looking up the table at a play-off position rather than looking at the results of the clubs below a striker needs to be scoring a decent amount of goals.

Whilst you say that some supporters must be looking at different games to you, the facts are that Nathan has scored 7 goals in 22 League games which by any strikers standards is nowhere near enough.

1 hour ago, Rebel Wokingham said:

I watched match of the day yesterday, premier league strikers on £100k a week missed chances. The perfect finisher doesn’t exist. 

Of course but if they continued to miss goals they wouldn't be getting a game or would be looking for another club.

No ones asking for the perfect striker just a decent number of goals scored over the course of the season.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

On Nathan Minhas, he has 10 goals in 28 appearances…… 5 goals from his first 20 appearances where I think he had some learning & adjusting to make regarding the new level he was playing at & the physicality & work rate required.

He has since scored 5 goals in his last 8 appearances which is a great strike rate, and if he can continue with this form he will score close to 25 goals this season. Yes, he is missing some great goal scoring opportunities, but he is now getting or creating those opportunities & I think he will start converting more of them.

I would back & encourage Nathan, I’m seeing a big improvement.

Which I'm sure every supporter would love to see.

As they say time will tell if you are right.

Goal scoring isn’t an issue! We’ve had 15+ different goal scorers this season. Nathan and Johnny have already surpassed last seasons top goal scorer by some distance. I believe we are second in goals per game ratio, behind Yeovil by the smallest or margins! 

Nathan on another day would finish those chances, it is what it is! Like I’ve said, I’m on the case of a striker at the moment. The 7 dayer is up tomorrow so fingers crossed we might be able to get something sorted, but who knows?!

Of course yesterday was disappointing to not go on and win it, but a two goal lead in this league is sometimes not enough, which we’ve shown to be the case this season when we’ve been trailing by a couple of goals! 

The fact we are creating chances is a positive! And very good ones too. I’d be more concerned if we weren’t creating at all! 

7 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Goal scoring isn’t an issue! We’ve had 15+ different goal scorers this season. Nathan and Johnny have already surpassed last seasons top goal scorer by some distance. I believe we are second in goals per game ratio, behind Yeovil by the smallest or margins! 

Nathan on another day would finish those chances, it is what it is! Like I’ve said, I’m on the case of a striker at the moment. The 7 dayer is up tomorrow so fingers crossed we might be able to get something sorted, but who knows?!

Of course yesterday was disappointing to not go on and win it, but a two goal lead in this league is sometimes not enough, which we’ve shown to be the case this season when we’ve been trailing by a couple of goals! 

The fact we are creating chances is a positive! And very good ones too. I’d be more concerned if we weren’t creating at all! 

But if scoring goals isn’t an issue why are you looking to sign another striker!

8 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

But just imagine how many extra points we may have got had we had that striker who was more potent? Yes I know those strikers are at a premium but I’m just saying we’re creating lots of chances but you can’t deny we’re not putting as many away as we should?

10 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

But if scoring goals isn’t an issue why are you looking to sign another striker!

But just imagine how many extra points we may have got had we had that striker who was more potent? Yes I know those strikers are at a premium but I’m just saying we’re creating lots of chances but you can’t deny we’re not putting as many away as we should?

Because most teams carry 4 and we currently have two fit ones now with Nathan and Slavi after Mickel picking up an injury.

Come on Glen, you could use ‘what ifs’ throughout life but sometimes it’s not realistic. Nathan isn’t going to score every chance that he has. I’m delighted that his goalscoring has improved in recent weeks and I believe will continue to do so. Add to that his all round game I think has been excellent! It probably took him a while to get up to speed but I think he’s getting there! 

Truth be told, I don’t think there’s many top strikers out there at the moment! They’re hard to come by. Every manager I speak to it trying to find one! 

Just now, Windsor Rebel said:

The expectations of some of the posters on here are quite comical.  We are Slough Town, a non league team FFS, not

world champions.

My expectations this season was realistic which was safe from relegation and a mid table finish, hardly world champions status is it! Some fans comically seem to forget we don’t all think alike and there will be different opinions and expectations. 

14 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Because most teams carry 4 and we currently have two fit ones now with Nathan and Slavi after Mickel picking up an injury.

Come on Glen, you could use ‘what ifs’ throughout life but sometimes it’s not realistic. Nathan isn’t going to score every chance that he has. I’m delighted that his goalscoring has improved in recent weeks and I believe will continue to do so. Add to that his all round game I think has been excellent! It probably took him a while to get up to speed but I think he’s getting there! 

Truth be told, I don’t think there’s many top strikers out there at the moment! They’re hard to come by. Every manager I speak to it trying to find one! 

I think 4 strikers would be difficult to keep happy and give game time. 3 quality strikers is ideal as they’d all be in the matchday 16 plus it’ll keep all 3 on their toes knowing if they miss a few too many they’ll lose their starting place. Yes I’m sure a 20+ goals striker at this level is difficult to sign and no doubt damn expensive so it’ll be interesting to see who the player you’re pursing is.

Not at all, just know a bit more about the workings of the game than most of the posters on here, having played

at Step 5 back in the day, and almost playing for Slough when we were struggling for players whilst ground sharing at Windsor.

Next time you see Alan Harding, STFC Supporters Trust ask him about the time at Chelmsford when we only had 9 players.

So I would say I know a bit more than you about playing.