Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hampton and Richmond (home)

Reading Rebel

Listening to the Hampton managers post match interview after their 2-1 win over Weston, he reckons because of playing on our 'astro turf' we are favorites to win the game.

The bookies seem to agree with 13/10 a home win 5/2 the draw and 19/10 an away win.

We'll be coming up against Ex Rebel George Hunt who seems to have cemented a place in the Hampton line up.

I'm sure George will be busting a gut with something to prove. 

Annoys me when it’s called Astro turf which to me is what schools had back in the 90’s! Just shows their ignorance I guess… The Hampton manager is just playing the standard mind games but the facts show his are team top of the form table, 2nd in the table and 13 points above us! He’s an idiot if he thinks anyone would agree we’re favourites! 

9 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Listening to the Hampton managers post match interview after their 2-1 win over Weston, he reckons because of playing on our 'astro turf' we are favorites to win the game.

The bookies seem to agree with 13/10 a home win 5/2 the draw and 19/10 an away win.

We'll be coming up against Ex Rebel George Hunt who seems to have cemented a place in the Hampton line up.

I'm sure George will be busting a gut with something to prove. 

At the time I wasn’t the least bothered about Hunt leaving as I never felt he had that much of an impact for us. There may well have been reasons why but he’s certainly not a player I’m fearing facing against us (yes I know that may now gee him up!).

Obviously Im hoping for a point or 3 from this match but do agree that we shouldnt be favoured as we appear to be

Since the beginning of October H&R have played 13 league games W10 D3 L 0 We will have to be at our best imo to get anything from this one!

Relieved to have got that last minute equaliser but I feel we’ve thrown away 2 points today. We were relatively comfortable 2-0 up with less than 25 minutes to go then 15 odd minutes of madness saw us 2-3 behind. Very frustrating match as we were guilty of some poor finishing especially when Minhas had 2 one on ones, you’ve really got to be hitting the target on both occasions. Hopefully Goddard will be allowed out to play on Monday (conflagrations btw!). Plus one or two others back and maybe a new signing or two? Was I the only one a little disappointed with the attendance? Was hoping more 1,200-1,300.

Edited by GlenSTFC

Cracking end to end game, a feast for Boxing Day. We should have been 4-0 up at half time. Second half Hampton got into

the game more, pressed high and deserved got themselves level. I really thought we would lose 3-2 but despite missing

some great chances as GlenSTFC stated  we managed a draw at the death. No crowd trouble, no abuse of the

linesmen by EH : what more could you want? I await Holyport Rebel's in depth analysis ( I have a spare hour to read it

this day). Agree with attendance as above, although Hampton support was poor.

Scotty called it right last couple of games . We haven’t pressed home a 2 nil advantage and killed off the opposition . We were well worth 3-0 half time and also should have taken 3-1 lead. 
Still all a learning experience. You either become a team with the killer instinct to roll over teams at 2-0 into 3,4,5 or you kill the game and don’t give them a sniff and take a 2-0. 
need to be one one or the other . 

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Relieved to have got that last minute equaliser but I feel we’ve thrown away 2 points today. We were relatively comfortable 2-0 up with less than 25 minutes to go then 15 odd minutes of madness saw us 2-3 behind. Very frustrating match as we were guilty of some poor finishing especially when Minhas had 2 one on ones, you’ve really got to be hitting the target on both occasions. Hopefully Goddard will be allowed out to play on Monday (conflagrations btw!). Plus one or two others back and maybe a new signing or two? Was I the only one a little disappointed with the attendance? Was hoping more 1,200-1,300.

If Hampton had brought their share it would have been a lot higher.

They had over 1,300 against Weston and today brought about 50/60.

For such a short journey and considering they are 2nd I think it was a really poor show from them.

What to make of today's game.

Not a great start to the day with 3 regular starters missing and a bench mainly consisting of inexperienced youngsters.

However, it was an excellent first half performance from us and if Minhas had scored when one on one with their keeper and Platt had hit the target with his header we would have taken a deserved 4-0 lead and the game would have been over at half time.

Second half I thought we became very passive in our approach to the game, conceding ground, not competing like we did in the first half, giving Hampton every opportunity to get back into the game which they duly did aided by some poor defending. 

We were again given the opportunity to win the game when Minhas missed another one on one without even testing their keeper.

Credit to the team for sticking at it eventually getting a deserved equalizer at the death.

Relieved to get a point in the end but it really should have been all 3.

Just to add the quicker we get some re-inforcements the better especially a striker.

3 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Cracking end to end game, a feast for Boxing Day. We should have been 4-0 up at half time. Second half Hampton got into

the game more, pressed high and deserved got themselves level. I really thought we would lose 3-2 but despite missing

some great chances as GlenSTFC stated  we managed a draw at the death. No crowd trouble, no abuse of the

linesmen by EH : what more could you want? I await Holyport Rebel's in depth analysis ( I have a spare hour to read it

this day). Agree with attendance as above, although Hampton support was poor.

The Hampton fans forum said 4-0 at halftime would have been a fair reflection Very relieved to have extended their unbeaten  run to 14

Eastbourne and Welling both lost today We now have a 7 point lead over Eastbourne in the first relegation position and all 4 of the current relegation candidates have played either 2 or 3 games more than we have  Surprisingly we have a GD of +6  but you have to come up the table to Braintree about a dozen places to find another club with a + GD!

21 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Saw a number of comments about poor attendance today Can someone tell me what our declared attendance was? Thank You

1,008 with around 100 from Hampton. Not sure why it was ‘only’ this figure as all London PL clubs were away or not playing and local clubs like Reading and Wycombe were also away. Plus the weather was fine wasn’t that cold and it was dry so absolutely perfect conditions. Add to that our excellent home form and it’s a little baffling why we couldn’t have attracted a few more hundred. When you see St. Albans attract over 3,500 you have to wonder where we’re going wrong as they never got the crowds they’re getting even 5 years back.

14 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

1,008 with around 100 from Hampton. Not sure why it was ‘only’ this figure as all London PL clubs were away or not playing and local clubs like Reading and Wycombe were also away. Plus the weather was fine wasn’t that cold and it was dry so absolutely perfect conditions. Add to that our excellent home form and it’s a little baffling why we couldn’t have attracted a few more hundred. When you see St. Albans attract over 3,500 you have to wonder where we’re going wrong as they never got the crowds they’re getting even 5 years back.

Yes have to agree thats a bit low for a good weather Boxing Day clash maybe 1300 hrs wasnt good thinking after all!

11 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Not sure there were 100 Hampton supporters but either way for a club really flying this season and sitting in 2nd place it was a really poor turn out from them.

Over 1,300 at home and barely 100 can bother to travel 25 minutes down the road.

3,500 was certainly an exceptional attendance, all I can put it down to apart from only being 10 minutes apart is the rivalry between the two clubs which must go back years.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Keep seeing comments about us desperately needing a striker, ignoring the fact that only 3 teams have scored more goals than us in the league. Those 3 are in the top 4 and we have 2 games in hand. Goals are not an issue and if you think Nathan Minhas isn’t performing well, you’re watching different games to me!. 

Today’s game was played between two good teams, in form, who both believed they could win it. We should have taken 3 points based on chances but the fact we’re disappointed after playing a team unbeaten in 16 and 2nd in the league should tell you where this team currently is. 

Am abroad at present and was ecstatic to see my favorite 2 nill score appear on mobile so the next time to see final score 3 - 3 was disappointed.

Reading comments above that the game should of been wrapped up at half time but that's football a game of two different halves

But another game not losing is still great so well done to the squad onwards and upwards .

COYREBELS

10 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Crowds are well up on last season. 

8 hours ago, Rebel Wokingham said:

Keep seeing comments about us desperately needing a striker, ignoring the fact that only 3 teams have scored more goals than us in the league. Those 3 are in the top 4 and we have 2 games in hand. Goals are not an issue and if you think Nathan Minhas isn’t performing well, you’re watching different games to me!. 

Today’s game was played between two good teams, in form, who both believed they could win it. We should have taken 3 points based on chances but the fact we’re disappointed after playing a team unbeaten in 16 and 2nd in the league should tell you where this team currently is. 

You must have missed Nathan’s twice fluffing one on ones then? In that position he needs to be at least hitting the target. Not just the strikers but you must have seen the numerous chances we’ve created but missed this season? Just think if we had an experienced proven striker how many extra goals and points we may now have? Of course it’s great others are scoring but you buy a striker to primarily score goals and we’re missing that piece currently which is why Scott is actively looking for another striker.

16 minutes ago, Norbert22 said:

Crowds are well up on last season. 

The fact is our league average is 10% higher currently than last season (730 v 665). So not what I’d class up ‘well up’ but obviously any improvement is good but hopefully with results on the pitch we can try and raise that average to nearer 800 cone the seasons end.