Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fenix tonight

Forster, Parcell, Payne, Thomas, McKenzie, Tanner, Youngs, Taaffe, Adjei-Hersey, Wyllie, Knight

Hippolyte, Beckles-Richards, Onyeagwara, Connolly

COYT

Andrew Warshaw’s match report is excellent and captures perfectly just how enjoyable the night was!

I flew from Stansted with my wife and sons on the Tuesday morning and there were lots of familiar faces. But I really didn’t expect so many Towners to have made the trip. I think the 150-200 reported is about right. 

What a night it was! Our hotel was a 15 minute or so walk away so we had checked out the Osterbro stadium and adjacent 4G training pitch in the park earlier. The visitors guide which BK Skjold had shared with the club was very helpful, so we knew what to expect. Bit of a shame that they don’t use the main stadium for games until the back end of March because both the facilities and the pitch looked excellent (see first 3 photos), but Copenhagen in early March is likely to be cold and wet so we had all our ETFC winter warmers. Yes, it was cold and wet but Skjold had set up mobile food and drink stalls and provided quite a few mini-tents for fans who wanted to escape the rain (most chose not to stand under them). Comment re toilets noted but to put it in context, the distance from the 4G pitch (4th photo) to their main clubhouse was about the same as from our main stand to the 4G training pitches at Donkey Lane. Not ideal but not insurmountable. I think if you talk to most of the fans who went, they will say it was a fantastic night (despite the weather).

I think the board deserve a lot of praise for taking a plunge into the unknown (both geographically and financially) re Fenix Trophy participation. It has been a huge success and brought the club and the fans even closer together.

IMG_3871.jpeg

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg