Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough v Yoevil

You've got to love Mark Cooper having listened to his prematch interview last night.

On one hand he praises Scott and says Slough are a good team and on the other he says basically, that Yeovil are rolling into town, Scott will be saying its a free hit and the players will raise their efforts by 25% which they don't normally do because its Yeovil.

Arrogant sod; you're in this division for a reason, you've lost your last two matches, you're coming to fortress Arbour Park so maybe its a free hit for you and your lads need to raised their game by 25%! 

Edited by DonnyNo6

He comes across as a bitter manager, who has tried managing higher up the ladder but struggled in most (if not) all roles.

Onto tomorrow, forgive me if asked already, whats the parking situation outside the ground, is it first come or as high profile match pre-booked?

When not catching the train (and not having a drink ;)) I drive and park up early enough to get a space.

Thanks

Blimey, I didn't realise we were playing Manchester City on Saturday.

Last night I too, like DonnyNo6 ,saw the Yeovil's manager's interview.

I am so grateful to be able to watch the mighty Yeovil grace the turf at Arbour Park tomorrow, and share the same league table as them.

What is it with some clubs ?

You are where you are for a reason.

Yes, you are a big non-league club with a famous history, but unlike a fellow arrogant club like Torquay (not so arrogant now Torquay, are we? ) , you do not even have a long history of being a proper Football League club.

Some of us on here with longer memories can recall times in the 80's and 90's when playing Yeovil was quite a regular occurrence.

Nothing special.

Raise our game 25% playing against you ?

You really ought to get over yourselves Yeovil. 

It's not a good look.

10 minutes ago, REBEL MATTERS said:

He comes across as a bitter manager, who has tried managing higher up the ladder but struggled in most (if not) all roles.

Onto tomorrow, forgive me if asked already, whats the parking situation outside the ground, is it first come or as high profile match pre-booked?

When not catching the train (and not having a drink ;)) I drive and park up early enough to get a space.

Thanks

RM, i'm sure the match day details stating the parking rules and restrictions will be up sometime today.

1 hour ago, Holyport Rebel said:

I am so grateful to be able to watch the mighty Yeovil grace the turf at Arbour Park tomorrow, and share the same league table as them.

Yes, you are a big non-league club with a famous history, but unlike a fellow arrogant club like Torquay (not so arrogant now Torquay, are we? ) , you do not even have a long history of being a proper Football League club.

Some of us on here with longer memories can recall times in the 80's and 90's when playing Yeovil was quite a regular occurrence.

Nothing special.

It's not a good look.

I am of course ready with Rose Petals to spread on the arrival of the no doubt luxurious coach they'll come in. 😂

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Its Yeovil, not yoevil as in the title

That was actually deliberate, as I call them Yoe...vil!

3 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Nothing special.

It's not a good look.

I am of course ready with Rose Petals to spread on the arrival of the no doubt luxurious coach they'll come in. 😂

Edited by DonnyNo6

10 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

You've got to love Mark Cooper having listened to his prematch interview last night.

On one hand he praises Scott and says Slough are a good team and on the other he says basically, that Yeovil are rolling into town, Scott will be saying its a free hit and the players will raise their efforts by 25% which they don't normally do because its Yeovil.

Arrogant sod; you're in this division for a reason, you've lost your last two matches, you're coming to fortress Arbour Park so maybe its a free hit for you and your lads need to raised their game by 25%! 

On 23 November 2019 Mark Cooper was accused of provoking Leyton Orient Interim Head Coach Ross Embleton with a comment about the passing of Justin Edinburgh. Cooper denied the allegations.

On 17 February 2022, Cooper was given an eight-game touchline ban for comments he allegedly made to a female assistant referee which included a reference to gender.

I was worried that the decision at half time to let Yeovil fans go behind the goal would give them an advantage,  but their strikers were toothless so it didn't matter. 

0-0 was a fair result as neither side caused enough problems to justifiably say they deserved the win. Yeovil to me didn't look like a side who were 9 points (at the start of play) clear at the top, but today looked like an average side who were given a lot of leeway by the referee.

Now 19 home games unbeaten, with a crowd of 1533 (of which only 450ish from Yeovil), meaning over 1000 Slough or neutrals.

St Albans, Aveley & Bath all lost today, so we gain a point on these teams.

By my calculations, Havant join Dover in being mathematically unable to catch us, so 2 down 2 more to go until mathematical safety!

13 hours ago, Nathan said:

0-0 was a fair result as neither side caused enough problems to justifiably say they deserved the win. Yeovil to me didn't look like a side who were 9 points (at the start of play) clear at the top, but today looked like an average side who were given a lot of leeway by the referee.

Now 19 home games unbeaten, with a crowd of 1533 (of which only 450ish from Yeovil), meaning over 1000 Slough or neutrals.

St Albans, Aveley & Bath all lost today, so we gain a point on these teams.

By my calculations, Havant join Dover in being mathematically unable to catch us, so 2 down 2 more to go until mathematical safety!

Yeovil are top because they have been the best team so far this season.

They are having a minor blip which most sides have during the course of a season.

We have 55 points which as it stands is not mathematically safe but we would have to lose all our remaining games and other clubs win all theirs which is not going to happen.