Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Concord Rangers v Enfield Town

A first half lacking in quality… lots of attempts but none testing the keeper…. second half we were really on the front foot but again nothing on target… a whipped in cross and a glancing header by Sam was the difference… should have had 2 when Marcus should have set Jake up for a tap in …. trouble is when you don’t put these games to bed they can easily bite you on the bum and the last five minutes saw 3 excellent saves from Reece… they saved us from what would have been a very disappointing draw….God knows what the percentage of goals Sam and Marcus have provided but goals from elsewhere seem very unlikely….

1) we really need composure in front of goal some of our chances were just blazed high and wide… it’s not just about power…

2) attack really  is the best form of defence … we looked so comfortable until we played with a back 10…

3) Gavin has done wonders to get us to this position…. the skill level is a bit dubious but jeez this bunch don’t half work hard….

60pts with 8 league games to play. Just 9pts off last season's total of 69, but we'll need to win the last 8 if we want to match the 2022 total of 84pts!

Interestingly, the predicted table has us gaining only another 11 points and scraping into the final play-off spot.

Last season 74pts was enough to secure a play-off spot.

Plenty of twists and turns ahead, but its encouraging that for the first time in many a season we seem to be finding a little form towards the back end of the season.

Cheers for the favour . Beat Margate and I'll let you off for being arrogant self entitled  Townies .

You can lose the rest then 😂

Good summary from WDIB. A gritty game, not for the purists. We looked the more likely team to score for most of the match but went long ball too often for my liking. Marcus had an off night (he’s saving his goals for Margate 🤭). Rhys made 3 very good saves to prevent an equaliser. Squad togetherness still very impressive. It was far from pretty but 3 points nevertheless.

3 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Cheers for the favour . Beat Margate and I'll let you off for being arrogant self entitled  Townies .

You can lose the rest then 😂

Thank god you're back, Albs! I assumed your wifi router had been repossessed!

Pleasantly surprised that our neighbours up the A10 might yet survive.

11 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Thank god you're back, Albs! I assumed your wifi router had been repossessed!

Pleasantly surprised that our neighbours up the A10 might yet survive.

Looks like we're losing Haringey but never mind. You rotten lot  still have your Cup final next season 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Albury_Walker