Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
UP FLEET

Rumour mill Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidebe has signed for next season.

Jacko is coming back.

Walshie is leaving.

Roof will be repaired.

And heres one for nick boy, Andy ford is moving up stairs full time, and jeff king is to be appointed first team coach on the may the 15th.............. laugh.gif

Don't let Walshe go!!! Had my photo taken with him yesterday and got hid official Fleet player's tie!! He is a legend in the mullet world.

Oh and Roy, give us ya shirt!!!

I'm sure Andy Ford is well aware of Brendon Cass of Tonbridge. He's very comfortable on the ball, a regular goalscorer, around 19 years old, and if available would be an excellent acquistion for the club's future

heard a rumour from kenny, that we were looking at a player who got 40 goals in the lower divisions last season (or is it stilll this season). dont know if this is who your talking about.

Unfortunately because of his injury we didnt get much chance to see Ben Walshe playing in the same team as Roy Essendoh...I cant help thinking that Roy would get a lot of goals from Bens crosses.

I would think that who gets offered a contract for next season amongst the current side would depend a lot on where Andy Ford intends to play Lee Protheroe.

If its true that Walshie wont be with us next season, part of the issue would possibly be money - after all, he was full time with QPR & he would need to go to part time with us ??

Agree with you Alan. Shame really, Ben seemed to enjoy his time with us. Talented true professional and a joy to watch.

A couple of memories... his elation (& ours of course) after scoring twice at the Daggers... and the skill he showed when he made Drury's goal at Westleyvage, one of the best goals of the season, IMO.

Also a shame if Perks is leaving. Thought he was one of our best players overall and scored a few important goals too.

Other rumours heard on Sat about players leaving include Abbey, Gledhill, Sidebe & Shearer. Wilko was also mentioned even though he's already signed up!??

Not as bad as last year but Andy does have a bit to do before K.O. next season. With Andy being full time and the Fleet probably being able to attract better quality players this time around, I'm sure we'll have an even better squad.

Players in.... Jacko and 2 from the 'Git' (midfielder & striker)???

Rumours eh.......

The Git haven't got any strikers worth having, have they...? I think we know who the midfielder is though, or at least their forum alludes to it!

I'd like to keep Abbey, would like to see Roy feeding off Moussa's crosses and Ben nipping in to pick up the loose balls. Someone else said Moussa had signed for next season...? Would hate to lose Gledhill or Shearer as well - wouldn't've thought they'd be going anywhere.

I thought Wilko and Shearer were signed up for next season.

My son got Ben Walshe's autograph on a blank piece of paper after Saturdays match if anyone has a blank contract hanging around we could probably knock something up.

Players In

Jacko(Daggers)

Jay Saunders(Margate)

Players Definately Staying

Wilko Moore

Mitten Skinner

Gledhill Rousse

Shearer Macca

Sidibe Drury

Pinnock Essendoh

Players Leaving

Perkins

Walshe

Owen

Fridge

others?????????????

Lee Surey Abbey Haworth

would like to keep, Walshe, perks, Abbey and Lee out of that extra lot....... i think Haworth Duku and Surey could very well be elsewhere next season....... Would be nice to keep them all but have to keep a trim squad!!!!!

I feel that player rotation is almost as important in the Conference as it is in the Premier League and so we need to maintain a reasonably large squad.

One of our problems in our first season in the Conference was that when a lot of players were injured we didn't have the strength in depth and we were having to play people who were plainly not up to Conference standard.

I also think that sometimes it is as useful to be able to pick certain players to do a particular job to combat some aspect of the opposition as it is to just pick the best eleven.

The difficulty of course is getting players to accept the times when they are out of the side.

Steve Perkins is apparently going to Australia for a year out, but lets hope he will be back the season after.

Rob Owen have been told much the same though they are not, going together but hope to meet up.

As for the others, unless the club issue the news, best to wait and see.

Francis had tole me he is waiting for the result of a scan, which maye decide if he can play at all. Would be a great shame for such a talented guy to have to retire so early.

Neither Ben Abbey or Walshie played on Sarurday as though they were leaving, but like I said we shall just all have to wait for news from Andy, Great news that he is signing a full-time contract, which will at last give him the necessary time he needs to Manage the team. I think he and Ade make agreat team, along with Dave, Ron and Neil, they all seem to have got things running well.