Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Feedback Wanted!!!!

Okay....

Do people prefer

a) A seperate forum for each league/division

or

B) A united forum for each step?

I must admit that initially I would say that individual forums are better - but I am slowly coming round to the idea to have step forums...

So we would have the following league forums...

Step 1: Nationwide Conference

Step 2: Nationide North & South

Step 3: Ryman Premier / Unibond Premier / Southern Premier

Step 4: Ryman 1 / Unibond 1 / Southern East & West

Step 5: Ryman 2 / Essex Senior / Spartan South Midland / Combined Counties / Hellenic / Midland Alliance / Wessex / Western / Eastern Counties / Kent / Sussex County / Northern Counties East / Northern / North Western Counties /

Please let me know what you would prefer....

A step forum sounds interesting in that it would enable all the clubs involved (at least those who are at all interested) to compare notes and conversation as their particular league situation develops through the season.

Sorry ETFC but I have to post for the common good!

I agree with Mark. I suspect that the leagues are more of a bond than the step level.

I accept that at the Premier to Conf N or S this is not the case, and there therefore is an argument for the premier leagues to be in one forum, except that teams now are likely to return to the league they came from rather than changing as say Kettering did when they came down out of the Conference. But below that, I cannot see the DM EAst and West and the Ryman N & S having a lot in common, since their promotion and relegation destinations still have nothing to do with each other.

On balance, I think that a league would therefore be more appropriate as a forum base.

I like the ESL Forum it is a community thing. A step community might work but only if the fans have a chance to meet-up at matches. It is no point in an ETFC fan starting a banter with a supporter of Accrington Stanley if there is no realistic possiblity for both teams to play each other.

As for Southport he's just a Northern nutcase who came south!

I think the problem here is that Ryman 2 is really closer to The Essex Senior than they are to the Ryman Premier. Both of these and several others feed into the Ryman, Southern & Unibond leagues.

My problem is trying to work out the correct forums that we should have here.

I welcome ANY suggestions, on ANY forums...

Maybe we can have a mixture...

1 - Conference

2 - Conference N & S

3 - Steps 3 & 4

4 - Step 5 and below

Maybe even combining steps 1 & 2

Just tossing ideas into the ring....

(BTW - Software upgrade work starting on Sunday)

Ian,

Ryman 2 / Essex Senior / Spartan South Midland / Combined Counties / Hellenic / Midland Alliance / Wessex / Western / Eastern Counties / Kent / Sussex County / Northern Counties East / Northern / North Western Counties / all together is going to be too messy. I like the fact that I know the ESL forum is going to be specifically related to clubs and supporters that I see every week. If all the clubs in these leagues all post at once, imagine the time it will take to scroll through all the posts that just won't have any bearing or interest to ESL fans. It might just put a lot of people off.

I agree if they post in large numbers, but their forums are very quite - if volumes increase then they can eaily be split.

My problem is that anyone visiting from those leagues will see a very quiet forum - and will probably not feel they can talk to themselves. Crowds create crowds.

I like Mark flag braintrees comment,but if everyone liked the same thing nothing would improve.

I thought this was unofficial forum; so if it is "unoffical" why can't tow have their own unoffical forum"?

Some stuff is only pertinent to ETFC and I feel we clog up ESL site

some stuff is good banter on ESL; but if it was expanded then it would mean lots of threads that are not relevant

and CAN WE HAVE ONLY REGISTERED USERS???