Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Richard C

Jeff or Roy

That was an interesting choice on Saturday to play two ex-Oxford strikers against an ex-Oxford goalkeeper in Andy Woodman.

If only the perma-injured Tony Battersby was still with us, then we could have played 3 ex Oxford strikers.

My vote goes to Roy, he just seems to link play a bit more.

Against York Jefferson looked good but didn't have a good game in my opinion against Stevenage - seemed to lack commitment to get stuck in and make things happen. If it was down to me I'd start with Roy.

I thought JLo's ball control / first touch was poor, at times, against Stevenage. Would like to see both Jeff and Roy given a chance together at some stage because they could possibly feed of each other.

Roy for me too. He's better in the air than Louis, and we lacked that against Stevenage. Louis and Sidibe coming on as subs, running at defences who are already tired from trying to contain Manny and Drury is the way to go!

Start Roy. We don't want to be in the same situation where we are chasing the game. We need a couple of early goals to unsettle them. I think that Andy's biggest problem is who to select between Skins and Lovel. Skins has been brilliant during Matts spell away having his name changed, (just call me Sue)although I don't think that we have another player who can bend it like Lovel, from the dead ball.

Skins would be my first choice - the position is a defensive one and he's a better defender.

Plus he's on a roll with penalty taking - three out of three this season if you count the one he had to retake against York.

well to put some balance in i am going for jeff

he was great against york

he is here on loan

i want to see what he can do given a run

roy is great but we need cover.

now if you lot had all come out for jeff i would have gone for roy

nice problem eh?!!!!!!!!!!

Roy for me as well, although perhaps partnered by pinnock for once..? Just me then...

As for the Skins or Rouse/Lovel debate, surely it is far better to have a defensive left back, like Justin, particularly in a tough game like that against the Bulls this weekend.

Despite Saturday's performance, I still feel Moussa is better from the bench, allowing Drury to start on the right, with perhaps Jacko, or maybe Protheroe, on the left..?

It is certainly a dilemma for Andy, however 'nice' it is...

Or maybe Jeff & Roy in a three-prong attack?

Manny tucked just behind those two, bursting through the Hereford defence.....

.....would mean playing 4-3-3 though & we don't do that.

We have established that most internet folks seem to prefer roy and i would suggest others feel the same, BUT if you buy a loan signing for a month he tends to play at all times!!?? therefore i feel roy may miss out again!!!!