Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup!

extaffyjim

Can see you getting a result against Stevenage. The pressure is on Graham Westley at the moment and you have nothing to lose.

It was a great day today, a big turnout, singing all the way through, and a decent football match! We played alot better in the second half, bit unfortunate to see Danny limping off so early, not really too sure why Justin thought it was necessary to start him.

I'm pleased that we were drawn at home, but it would have been good to get a league team. Lets hope we give 100% against Stevenage and you never know what could happen!

Could be worse. They could have got Yeading!!!

Quote:
That's a crap tie for you, how can you be pleased with that when your obviously going to lose!

Oh well, it's gonna be mong central over your way in 2 weeks with them losers in town as well.

Wow, really contructive comments there. Were happy because weve got a home draw, so itll be a big day for the club. Its a very tough tie, but theres always a chance, there just in the range where we could beat them.
At least were in the first round, which is more than most clubs at our level can say

Quote:
That's a crap tie for you, how can you be pleased with that when your obviously going to lose!

Oh well, it's gonna be mong central over your way in 2 weeks with them losers in town as well.

Ahhh Thornsey, you gone all jealous 'cos your club don't know the rules about loan players? It is so gratifiying to have such a charming man like you spread your good will on this forum.

if we couldnt get a league club i think the next best thing was to avoid teams in our own league or equivalent and the likes of Hayes from the league above.

Reckon there should be a good crowd for stevenage. there was over 600 according to the sun and Flackweel's fans were not vast in their numbers. Hopefully a thousand plus crowd?

good draw for you there.. you'll have a good crowd and 'boro' will bring a good few hundred down.. if the game had been played in mid oct rather than mid nov you would have a great chance but i fear boro are over the worst of their slump and are getting back to form.. will be tough.. usual rules i guess, the longer you stay level the more you can worry em.. will be an excellent atmosphere if it stays close.. good luck

Quote:
I remember Hereford came down thinking they would walk all over us in the Trophy and looked what happened eh!

It wont be as easy as a lot of people think for them.

...As it won't be easy for us either. Lets get some level headed thinking here. The pressure will be on them as, being in a higher league, they must be favorites to beat us BUT we still have to be on top of our game to beat them...As I'm sure we will be (and we have the advantage of being at home).

Didn't you take Rushden to a replay the year you beat Hereford?

Our full record against Conference Opposition:

99/00

FA Trophy

Hereford (H) won 3-1 (Gentle, Simpson, Browne)

Rushden & D (H) Drew 0-0

Rushden & D (a) Lost 1-2 (Browne)

00/01

FA Cup

Hednesford (H) drew 0-0

Hednesford (a) Lost 2-1aet (Baker)

FA Trophy

Telford (H) Lost 2-3 (Moore, Spencer)