Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 2 Bowers and Pitsea 1

Hall, Digby, Baldwin, Penn, Hall, Butler, Allen, Hall, Smith, Riley, Nyman, Pamplin, Ndombe, Byfield, Wright, Masala

Gate 263

Not much of note was happening as Town settled back after Christmas Pud. Graeme Hall was not having the best of games till he nailed a fantastic header into the net on the 26th minute 1 - 0. But the makeshift defence had not settled and Lee Digby fouled to give Bowers a Penalty 1- 1 on 29 minutes thanks to Reeves.

Dean Nyman miss hit wide of the goal. Lee Digby desperate to make up for the error headed into the hands of the keeper. On 36 minutes the Bowers Keeper came out of his area and fouls Lee Smith. Straight Red from referee Chris Hall (who in my book had a good game). A sub was then made to bring on a player to keep goal. Nice perm!

Down the wings David Allen, Dean Nyman and Graham Butler were causing all sorts of problems, but Bowers were determined not to let us have it all our own way and we went in at half time concerned

Second half David Allen shot just wide, Lee Digby hit the side netting. Masala was swapped for Butler. I could Jacquo Masala all day lovely player.

Rudi Hall missed with a long range rocket of a shot. Rudi Hall was having not the best day at the office until the free-kick and he curled it passed an outstretched keeper 2 – 1 in the 63rd minute.

Ndombe on for Riley, and Pamplin on for Smith. Dean Nyman was inspired in the second half with shots saved and bouncing one off the post. Town then had the wobbles in the last minutes but if Bowers had scored it would have been harsh.

But the makeshift defence had not settled and Lee Digby fouled to give Bowers,(but no sending of from ref!!!)

On 36 minutes the Bowers Keeper came out of his area and fouls Lee Smith. Straight Red from referee Chris Hall (who in my book had a good game). now theres a surprise you think the ref had a good game, lets be honest the ref had a shocker, inconsistant all the way through.

Regarding the ref.Yes Digby should have got a red for giving the penalty away.Regarding the Bowers keeper getting sent-off.Granted it wasn't a clear goalscoring oppotunity,as Smith was going slightly away from goal,but if a keeper comes out of his box ,misses the ball and kicks the player in the stomach,he can't have too many complaints.Bowers No.6 should have been sent of before half time ( he went through the back of Allen twice before he received a yellow,he then proceeded to commit at least 4 other bookable challenges throughout the game).Bowers No10 should also have been booked for 5 minutes of solid 'dissent' after the sending off.

But i agree.The ref had a shocker.He kicked the game off 5 minutes late.Played only two minutes injury time in the first half.even though the game was stopped for 6 minutes because of the sending off and the injury.

The Bowers No10 was vertually reffiing the game by the second half.What made it farsical was the fact that the ref knew Bowers No6 was living on borrowed time and any serious foul by him would result in him having to send him off[thus receiving more hairdryer treatment from the No10 & and bowers manager after the game] So he just ignored every foul that the No6 committed in the second half.Some were so blatent and obviously bookable fouls,that it became embarrassing. How he didn't give a penalty just before the end when Nyman was chopped down in the box was unbelievable as well.He let people get into his head and effect his dicisions.To me thats poor reffing.

I though that the ref had a poor game as well.

Number 10 should have been booked after 5 minutes for the retaliation against Kevin Riley and it was clear that he was after Kevin after that.

As for Digby getting sent off. I thought he took the ball and that Bowers were lucky to get a penalty. I do accept that I was at the other end of the ground however.

The goalkeeper should have got sent off. Smith had beaten him and then was fouled. If Smith hadn't been fouled he would have been past the goalkeeper and running towards an empty net. THer goalie knew he was in trouble the way that he immediately ran back to his goal and number 10 tried to get the ref to forget what had happened. It was obvious that the lino and the ref agreed that the goalie should go.

I thought it was silly when the ref required Town to retake a free kick just in front of the bench when it was roughly in the area of the foul in any event and yet shortly before that he had let Bowers take a throw in at least 10 yards from where the ball went off.

I think that the Town defence had a poor first half and the midfield had a diabolical second half. We are supposed to pass to TOWN players they are the ones playing in white just in case any ETFC player got confused after the bank holiday.

I know this is the middle of winter,BUT the pitch could do with a heavy soaking of rain.the surface was very bobbley today.Which obviously makes a sort passing game very difficult.Town can take 10 passes to make the same ground that other teams make just by hoofing the ball downfield.We must learn to adapt to the conditions better.When the game was stretched in the last 15 minutes and we started hitting 30-40 yards passes out to the wings,we looked much more dangerous.

Regarding Bowers No10. He looked good on the ball,and would be just the sort of character Town could do with in central midfield (with Rudi).Just a shame he lacked a bit of mobility and he didn't look the best a tracking back either.But he looked the sort of player that could become a bit of a cult figure,if he played for the right club.A bit of a Cherry/Asa/Cove character,if you like.

David Allen could haved walked as well for kicking the ball at a player on the ground after a foul had been given.

Thanks to Bowers for my birthday game. It wasn't as pretty as I'd have liked, but the result was good for me.

I liked the waythe Bowers keeper shouted 'keeper's ball!' so the defence eased off, the Town surged forwards and the keeper was left in a spot of bother. Very funny!

I thought Allen was going off after the incident brunob mentioned.

A very scrappy game, and the pitch was commiting nearly as many fouls as the players on it.

The ginger lino was quite funny. He got the very first decision of the game wrong (it was corrected by the ref) and it looked perfectly clear to me, and I was standing pretty much behind him at the time.

Then, when the ref asked him about the goalkeeper incident,he just shrugged his shoulders. I reckon it's because Bowers No 10 was quite a bit bigger than him and he didn't want to get into any trouble.

Speaking of Bowers 10, he had some good touches of the ball. It's a shame he got so involved in the scrapping, but I guess everyone has days like that.

I thought bowers were worth at least a point yesterday. A bad miss just before half time was bettered by a sudbury type miss about 10 mins from the end .Town were very lucky to get the 3 points. Town have played many times better than this and lost. Lee digby on another day would have walked & and their keeper would have stayed on.Against ten men Town were very poor and Bowers should feel very hard done by.