Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worst Decision EVER

Cookie

Yiga sent off for a thouroughly brilliant but safe,hard & fair tackle.Straight red when even a yellow wasnt warranted. DISGUSTING!.And I was standing not 10 yards away from the incident. Got to feel sorry for the lad. On in the last 15 minutes for the second game in a row and red carded twice.Maybe Saturday he deserved it but not with tonights challenge..It was a tackle I would have been proud to have been associated with.Hard & Fair in every way. And thats not a biased view either.

Totally agree with you Cookie, maybe the tackle was a little rash but certainly didn't deserve a red. Funny how often refs send off a second player to even up the teams.

[color:"blue"]Where do they get these Refs from? 1st there's a penalty wich nobody appealed for (& players appeal for anything & everything these days!) then there's a red for a tackle whereby the offending player got the ball !!

& we thought Trevor Kettle was bad in the Conference!

As a referee myself it is not the "done thing" to criticise a fellow referee but in this case I am not a fellow fellow referee.If that had been me officiating I wouldnt have even given a free kick let alone a red card. As I say I was but 10 yds away and it was a superb tackle. And I would have said so to any player that thought differently. I'm afraid its officials like him that give the other referees a bad name.

I wont mention the corner kick in the first half that he gave the wrong way and he was but 5 yds away.He was unbelievable and a sheer disgrace to his profession.No wonder other officials get it in the neck if he is anthing to go by.

That was NOT the reason however for dropping 2 points as we should have put our chances away. That was why we drew and didnt win so though the ref was terrible lets remember that the game could & should have been won long before that incident. But I am not apportioning blame on any player thistime as the lads played with lots more spirit tonight and I was happier with their performance all round.

I do hope we have the right to appeal against Yiga's red card - do the same rules apply as higher divisions? Feel really sorry for the lad who I'm absolutely certain would have been regretting what happened Saturday already. Hope the club appeal even if it doesn't succeed just to ensure he feels supported.

spoke to lawrence after the game and seems bit upset by it ref appatently gave it for 2 footed tackle, violent conduct, but as i told him that was a wrong and very poor decision, sorry to the stewards for us all shouting the referee is a w anker but i would not have withdrawn my comments if asked as it was my feeling that the referee truely is a w anker!!

W ANKER!!!!!

sorry just had to let off steam.

Billy Edwards the hero with no hair

To be fair, I'm not sure sure which one was worse. The fact that he sent off the Bromley player for Sesays two footed jump in tackle, or Yiga for taking the ball. You decide.

Failing that, maybe it was the drop ball decision after Amoako was running through on goal with a chance of scoring to tell off 2 players

As for the Sesay incident. I did think Sesay was at fault as that was a rash challenge and if I recall Sesay had been booked previously so it was a surprise to me that THEIR guy got sent off instead of ours. Maybe it was another of their players giving the ref some stick for not acting on that challenge.I saw a yellow then red shown so must have been a guilty player from before. Yes indeed Sesay's challenge was so much more a red card affair than that of Yiga's.

As for the earlier instance. The referee stops the game whilst the ball is just outside Bromleys area with us attacking,just so's he can talk to one of our players as the player(gate)obviously was back-chatting the ref. What an amazing decision.

Firstly he should have allowed play to continue until the ball was out of play & then spoke to the player.

If he felt he wanted to penalise us then the restart should surely have been made at the point of where the player was mouthing off,which was nigh on outside OUR penalty area. No way should he then give a dropped ball back to where we were attacking.

A further offence had occurred(the back chat by a gate player) further back down the pitch therefore he should have awarded an indirect free-kick to the opponents at that place to restart the game.

Sorry but the referee was a twat and really & truly didnt have a clue,was guilty of incorrect decisions,inconsistency,and obviously has a problem with his close sight as on two occasions alone he was within 5 yds of an incident and got both completely wrong.They were easily seen by those that were not quite so near.These are not biased incidents may I add but 100% easily able to be seen by the human eye decisions.

Sorry the ref tonight was not human. He was ourtrageous and as you all know I am never one to really use the ref as an excuse,though I am not actually doing that in this post but just stating his faults as a referee.

The incidents tonight and other games, fisher,billericy ect,link them with the article in the thanet times by the leader of the local refs. Why are we getting disiplinery problems in soccer,they don't have them in rugby.why, Could it be something to do with lack of respect for to many inconsistant decisions, by to many inconsistant officials. The Laws of the game are there to be implemented. Violent behaviour is violent behaviour,and the player should be removed from the field, a tackle from behind is a yellow ect. So what is the problem, is it training or the lack of . I believe last night against those around me, Donovan(was and) should have been booked,he went through late and took the player down,could easily have injured the guy. As a ref Cookie what is the ongoing training for the men in black.

When I took the course,and I am gong back in time,I believe it was a 12 week course.Not any on field training but classroom stuff only so to speak.Obviously with these officials,as they rise the leagues these other details may come into it more.Maybe Arran,(ramsgate)local referees' secretary could enlighten us more as to the full training behind a Ryman league referee and above.But then maybe he cant in which case we would have to ask higher up.

It seemed to me that last nights ref had avery high oppion of himself and rather let the game flow was more interested in letting everyone know it was he who was in charge. I think this extended to his lino's as they were affraid to give anything except lineout decisions and offsides. In the first half no more than 2 yards away from him the lno could see that Charlie Taylor had his arm in an arm lock but he decided to ignore it. Maybe more traing should be given to the officials even though (and probally it will benefit football) we the supporter will have to pay for it.