Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chris Stowe

michael

Does anyone know anything about him yet.

Is he going to be better than Remy(doubtful imo)

So why is h i the squad-

Seems like another Burke/Baxter scenario to me on the horizon.

Maybe we wil get the record for no. of players making one or a sub apearance per season

Stowe played at an Essex club with Brayley. My guess would be Bertie prevailed on CK to give him a try, and as BB can do no wrong at the moment the guvnor obliged.

He didn't impress me particularly on Saturday, but it's not fair to judge on such a brief appearance.

Ok here goes...

Came up through youth ranks at Hornchurch, first team debut there during 02/03

Loaned to Billericay towards end of 02/03

Joined Hampton & Richmond summer 2003

Back to Billericay Feb 2004

Loaned to East Thurrock December 2004

Loaned to Hornchurch Feb 2005 and became 70th player they used last season

Released by Billericay summer 2005 and went to Leyton but only 1 game there. Then possibly Grays but I can't find any mention of him playing for them.

I've put together his stats for his career apart from his time at East Thurrock....

Starts 23

Sub app 40

Goals 17

...league games only but I know he didn't score any cup goals.

Played with Bertie at Hornchurch and Billericay.

It says in the Times that he has been injured for most of the season, but played a couple of games for Grays reserves.

He looked quite solid, and was a good runner on Saturday, so perhaps he might be OK, but was only on for about 20 minutes, which makes it hard to form any reasonable judgement as yet. His previous goal-scoring record, courtesy of Jeff, looks reasonable.

I appreciate the countdown clock, Alex. I for one cannot wait for Boxing Day!

"Thanks for that bit of useful info. He sounds as if that he is a goalscorer which we need at margate and with bertie brayley who is able to bring the forwards into play maybe the good times are back at margate. up the gate."

It also appears that he doesn't stick around at any one club for long! Let's hope we can be the exception if he is good enough. All season we have been trying to find that missing link of an aggressive battling striker who makes his presence felt and who can bag a few goals. After a succession of failures he is the latest hope.

On the other hand, people from other clubs said some pretty rotten things about Bertie as well, including the fact that he had been around a bit, before he signed up to us, but he came and joined us and has shown commitment to us in the best way possible, for a long term, (and two goals on Saturday ain't bad either).

It might be a good policy to keep an open mind, and give him a good welcome. Who knows, he may find this club to be a good place to come, and want to settle here, and score goals galore for us. Well, that is assuming he does not get barracked for not being prolific on his first outing.

bertie and chris have enormous talent and in my humble opinion could play in the conference...(bertie has)....they both possess excellent technical ability and both can make and score goals for fun....

okay...flip side....

neither bertie nor chris have ever settled at any club and seem to be continuously looking for something that perhaps is not there or more difficult to find than they want it to be...a place on the bench appeals to neither and hence the prolific movement (chris was recently at maidenhead)...

I wish them both well at your club and if they stay and settle they could form a very interesting and exciting partnership....

both nice lads as well....

Welcome UU.

Nice to see an occasional post from your good self.You do get about on these forums

Are things on the up again for the Urchins.

For the benefit of those such as i who missed Chris Stowes cameo apearance, is he tall and physical enough to be able to head a ball