Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Page 3

GHA EFM

The Herts. Ad isn't delivered in Bourne, as Bourne isn't in the City and District of St. Albans. The Herts. Ad is delivered free. My point is that once again, the Great Gibbo is using the Observer to make points and tell people things, but the Herts Ad (which had nothing about a new ground in it) reaches many more people.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

My point is that once again, the Great Gibbo is using the Observer to make points and tell people things, but the Herts Ad (which had nothing about a new ground in it) reaches many more people.

<hr></blockquote>

Ever thought that the Observer "pester" for information more than the Herts Ad?

During my ill fated time as press officer I never had one call from the Herts Ad but the Observer would call almost daily....

I'm probably wrong but I'm sure JG has better things to do than phone up the Observer every 5 mins.

Was that the 'Goddard signs' and 'Goddard commits his future to the Saints' era webbo? You used to turn up to matches then.

I would've thought that, if Gibbo wanted to let people know, one phone call to the Herts. Ad wouldn't have killed him. He doesn't need to phone newspapers up every five minutes. One call would do. I'm guessing that's all it took with the Observer.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

Was that the 'Goddard signs' and 'Goddard commits his future to the Saints' era webbo? You used to turn up to matches then.<BR><BR>I would've thought that, if Gibbo wanted to let people know, one phone call to the Herts. Ad wouldn't have killed him. He doesn't need to phone newspapers up every five minutes. One call would do. I'm guessing that's all it took with the Observer.

<hr></blockquote>

Information from the then Chairman, what else was I supposed to do exactly? Oh and why not offer your assistance....you seem to have a lot of free time on your hands at the moment!

Offer my assistance with what exactly? Running the website? Doing the teamsheet before the match? Sorting out someone to do the PA? Serving behind the bar? Running the tea bar? Phoning up the Herts. Ad and telling them we're moving grounds to somewhere near Wales?

Free time?!? You must be joking.

I personally didn't realise that this is how journalism works. You sit back and wait for people to phone with stories. Is this how match reports are written. Someones sitting around waiting for a call to tell them what happened during the match.

I've never liked the Herts Ad anyway since the Bob Bryant days. Stick with the Observer every time.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ted Maul:</font><hr />

I personally didn't realise that this is how journalism works. You sit back and wait for people to phone with stories.

<hr></blockquote>

you'd be surprised...

Agree about the Observer though

Got an e-mail from the Herts. Ad bloke today, talking about Robbo's sacking. He thinks there's more to it than meets the eye.

He said that Gibbo phoned him about the sacking. Presumably Gibbo phoned the Observer about the new ground. Why didn't Gibbo phone the Herts. Ad about the new ground?