Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bertie

Andy .

But hes got pace Alex & thats what we are lacking.He needs to fit it with the others. Not a bright start,again I agree,but not a bad one either.Now that he's been given his chance he will improve I am sure of that.Bertie hat-trick Tuesday night if selected from the off. If coming on as sub,then just one!

From what Ive seen of Bromley, one"live"game at Folkestone(0-0) & from their videos they arent much better than AFC. Of course they have brought in a couple of more good players since & results are showing a further improvement but if we can NEARLY get the three points against AFC then we can surely get the same chance against Bromley.

We HAVE to take the game to them though & not sit back & soak up pressure.

Not always easy I know but it will stop their players from showing their true talents I have no doubt as their best comes from their front players & not from their defence.Time someone tested them back there. Let it be us!

Quote:
Alex Tucker said:
I thought for a player who needs to prove himself i thought he was not very good today and was second man to the ball a lot.

He played ok for a player who is a left midfielder being asked to play upfront against the best defence in our division, and with perhaps the exception of Trott our players were second to the ball on most occasions.

Anyway was glad to see him on the pitch again but he is not the soloution when we need a another forward on the pitch, we must sign another striker.

Agree with that one G4TW. Bertie is a left winger and we could really do with getting hold of another proper out and out striker.

Recently our players are getting beat to the second ball particularly in midfield and this is why our defence comes under so much pressure. Maybe its through playing so many games in a short space of time but its the same for everyone so we need to be first to the ball.

Agree GW-most games are won/lost by tyour midfield taking control of the game, and as you say, if we keep possession longer, the defence is under less pressure, and at this level its often about concentration, so if there is less pressure and longer gaps between attacks, the defenders concentrate better

I don't agree that Bertie can't do a job for us up front. I thought he did well on Saturday and would have scored given a bit longer on the field.

Also Robinson was an out-and-out striker as a youth player I understand, so that gives us another option.

We have had so many duff forwards at the club in the last few years I would question the wisdom of any new signings at this point. Also the better players won't start coming available until more teams have been knocked out of the FA Cup.

We do need to know if he has left at least! Shame about all the off field stuff - I'm sure he would have been a huge asset to the squad if he and Trotty had not had their differences but being positive it should free up some money to bring another striker in (much needed in view of our lack of goals recently and the absence of Hockton). Due a few goals on saturday (I hope)!