Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0-2 Rothwell

I don't think it's time for witch hunts and recriminations yet - we are still fifth in the league - but the paying public do have a right to make their thoughts known - it's the manager's job to decide which he takes on board and which he ignores!

I don't think Jim needs us to tell him that this season's been our most disappointing so far - but that doesn't mean he's turned into a bad manager overnight. Jim's brought a lot of success to this club in it's short existence - I'm still backing him to pull us through this time. He's put pressure on himself by comments about leaving if we don't make the play offs but those are the sort of aspirations expected by this club anyway so at least Jim agrees with us on that.

That doesn't mean I agree with all of Jim's decisions, but I respect his right to make them. I'm certainly in the 'case unproven' camp as far as Bryan is concerned. I don't question his commitment and I actually think he's had a better season overall this year than last - my problem is that we're relying on a player who's scored only 21 goals in 67 games (including penalties!) to win us the league and that just ain't gonna happen. That's not to say Bryan's a bad player - but I don't think the combination we have up front works with the way we play. Ricci looks so far to be a very good player but is in a very similar mould to Bryan and chucking high balls up to them against tall central defenders is not the way to go.

Glad to see Rudi back though - let's hope that's a master stroke from Jim that can bring us the success we want.

Very disappointing performance to say the least from the team yesterday. What a difference a week makes!

I could not for the life of me work out why I had a bad neck when I got home yesterday until I realised that I had been looking at the sky for most of the afternoon. Why did we continually pump high balls to the attackers?

I mentioned this in the bar to Jim yesterday because during the game, he told one of the players to play the ball on the deck and use the width of the pitch. What happened? The said player booted the ball up in the air and down the middle of the park to their 6 foot 13" defender who casually headed it back up field! Amazed and astonished! What happened to communication being a two way process? If the players do not listen to what they are being told, then no wonder the paying supporters are becoming dispondent. No doubt the manager is as well.

I also cannot understand why we believe that we can only play better when we play better sides? If that's the case, then why can we not raise our game when we believe we are playing an inferior side? What happens to the players? What goes through their minds? According to the NLP, Rothwell were a poor side. What did that make us then on yesterday's performance?

I don't think a change of management will help matters at the moment. What may help is resting some of the players who are underachieving and have been for a while. Give them a break and give them a run out in the reserves. Certainly wouldn't hurt and may restore some of the confidence which appears to be missing.

Just an idea. Mind you, this will only be read by a certain few as it is an unofficial forum.

But how many games have we seen us play long ball game, with Jim saying he is telling them 2 play it on the deck? Too many. Surely thats bad management if they arent doin wot they r told time after time.

People go on about Jim's record but we have nothing to compare him 2. who says we wouldnt already be playin at a higher level if we had a different manager

Quote:
The Horse'sMouth said:
But how many games have we seen us play long ball game, with Jim saying he is telling them 2 play it on the deck? Too many. Surely thats bad management if they arent doin wot they r told time after time.
People go on about Jim's record but we have nothing to compare him 2. who says we wouldnt already be playin at a higher level if we had a different manager

Agreed. But why are the players not doing what they are told to do?

Quote:
andyetfc said:
Quote:
The Horse'sMouth said:

Agreed. But why are the players not doing what they are told to do?

It's all very well telling players to pass it on the floor,but if you select players such as Magona,Ticker,Gant..etc.They will always revert to their natural game of hoofing it,when put under pressure.If you want the ball played on the floor.You must select more players that are comfortable in doing that.The tactic of Gant as the holding midfielder is good in a defensive sense, but does nothing to promote a passing game.

I've only been to five or six games this season,but even i can see the flaws in formation and selection.

Quote:
The Horse'sMouth said:
Awful.

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE SEASON !!
Let's be honest it was far worse than awful, it was a total disgrace and JC should be made to take 100% of the blame.
He is in charge.
He picks the team.
He dictates tactics.
He tells the Players how to play.
He takes full responsibility.

Mr Chairman and the Board need to get off the fence they are perched on.

The flack heading Jim Chandler's way is ridiculous.

Yes - Saturday's performance was VERY poor. But why so much criticism for Chandler? He wasn't playing. I bet he was even more aggrieved by the game than the supporters. I heard him yelling "keep it on the deck" a couple of times - but the player(s) still hoofed it upfield mindlessly. Yes I know he picked them, but they CAN play. They just didn't on Saturday.

Some games are like that - one player starts off poorly and it just seems to spread like an invisible virus. At least half of the starting 11 performed WAY below their usual level. It happens. Sh** happens. Personally I'm glad that it was a Trophy match rather than the league.

The vitriol at the end of the match was plain embarrassing. Now THAT is sure to lead to lower gates. Hardly a family environment, was it?

We can't win all the time. Chandler has said he will resign if we don't make the play-offs. So spare me the "resign now" demands. I'm sure Jim will go earlier if he feels his role is detrimental to the first team's performance.

Also agree with Steph's earlier post. We miss Bradley Brotherton.

If players are given instructions and do not comply with it, the answer is plain, obvious and simple. They should be dropped. Not rocket science, and any other action (or lack of it) would be astonishing.

I am also a member of the BB fan club, always have been (in midfield -he scares the pooh ouit of me at the back!)

As for Jim, well, 5 seasons, two firsts, a second, a third and a fourth says quite a lot. I recognise though that from where I am I can't comment on recent performances and selections.

And I don't like this talk of an invisible virus.........

Quote:
bjr said:

Yes - Saturday's performance was VERY poor. But why so much criticism for Chandler? He wasn't playing. I bet he was even more aggrieved by the game than the supporters. I heard him yelling "keep it on the deck" a couple of times - but the player(s) still hoofed it upfield mindlessly. Yes I know he picked them, but they CAN play. They just didn't on Saturday.

Some games are like that - one player starts off poorly and it just seems to spread like an invisible virus. At least half of the starting 11 performed WAY below their usual level. It happens. Sh** happens. Personally I'm glad that it was a Trophy match rather than the league.

The vitriol at the end of the match was plain embarrassing. Now THAT is sure to lead to lower gates. Hardly a family environment, was it?

We can't win all the time. Chandler has said he will resign if we don't make the play-offs. So spare me the "resign now" demands. I'm sure Jim will go earlier if he feels his role is detrimental to the first team's performance.

Superb post BJR - agree with every word. Personally I am not sure about Jim's team selections or tactics, but a mid-season change of management will just set us back another month.

Quote:
Lambert_Simnel said:
Quote:
bjr said:

Superb post BJR - agree with every word. Personally I am not sure about Jim's team selections or tactics, but a mid-season change of management will just set us back another month.

I have to say that I agree with you both.