Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How did we not win?

Coffin Ender

First half we totally dominated, but you have to score when you are on top and we didnt. Dolton and Abbott were causing all sorts of problems down the flanks. The new guy for Gloucester, Williams, was terrible. Obviously they had a rollocking at half time and played better after the interval, but they were still nothing special. We still had good chances to win it. Then they got a pen 15 mins from the end and scored.

Abbot came off and so did Dolton (took a knock I think).

We were much the better team and even the ref was reasonable until he waved away our obvious penalty then gave Gloucester a very dubious penalty.

I thought our pen was a little on the dubious side but we deserved one at the very start of the second half when your guy blocked a cross with his hand. He was easily in the area and the "reasonable" (you're joking surely) referee / linesman gave it outside the box.

Was your penalty claim when your man ran in from an angle from near the changing rooms and lyndon lunged in from behindish??

That was one of them but our main one was when Pinnock our number 9 was running one on one with the keeper and was tripped just inside the 18 yard box, about central with the goal. I have a photo leading up to the incident, but i won't be able to put on there until tomorrow, monday evening at the latest as i am a very busy man. The ref was awful, was giving free-kicks to Gloucester that were not as Gloucester were doing quite a bit diving over exagerating challenges and the ref brought it all. Gloucester did deserve their goal and if it wasn't for their keeper we would have scored about 5 today. Glad to see Protheroe is getting back to his best as i thought he was very good today, but my MOTM has to go to Gloucesters keeper, but for Margates MOTM was Jay Saunders.

Also Gloucesters only real shot on target was the penalty.

I was also disgusted with the PA guy who at the end gloated a bit by saying i hope Margate enjoy their LOOOOONG journey home. With huge emphasis on the word Long, but apart from that and the ref and the result i had a really good day out. Can you tell your PA guy that we had a very enjoyable trip home

Quote:
seasidesteve said:
all too familiar im afraid we badly need a striker and central defender

No we have a new central defender who was magnificent against Gloucester. He totally dominated there forwards won a lot of balls in the air, was calm, confident and made the players around him also confident. This man would make the Gate into a championship winning team if he teamed up with Trotty in defence. Also with Dean Standen playing in the central midfield holding role not a lot would worry us down the centre.

Now all we need to know is who is this person well it is no one else other than JAY SAUNDERS.

Controlling the game without getting our noses in front isnt good enough. We need that extra "oomph" from now on.The league is the MOST important target & is the one thing we should now be concentrating on. Sod the KSC,we have a league championship or at the least a play off place to play for & we desperately need our top scorers, amongst others to put that ball in that net.Enough of the pressure alone. Without scoring goals when we should be,that pressure,though great to see isnt going to see us progress.We have the players to do this & now that we have league games left I hope they get the goals we need & probably what they overall deserve.But they wont come on their own.We must SCORE them.All efforts must now be to get amongst the leaders & stay there.Every game now will be a "cup game" to me.Lets hope the goals do come & quickly & that defensive errors are sorted out too.We still need a central defender as most have said & its time NOW!!!!,I repeat NOW!!! to get one in!

All the above is "obvious" I know but I'm just getting things off my chest & venting my frustration & desperately hoping for better at both ends for our remaining league fixtures.

We played well for an hour yesterday and for the remainder of the game were ok but unbalanced due to no natural left sided player and our attacks were stifled (Wisker came on for Dolton and played far too central. I presume Jimmy wasn't fit. Dolton took a knock just before he came off but played well and forced a few corners in the first half in particular). We weren't lethal enough with our chances. The wingers were brought into the game nicely, we looked very solid at the back and it looked like we would win comfortably until we started getting a little bit sloppy, goalkicks going out for throw ins putting us under pressure, and then Gloucester grew in confidence. They didnt really threaten much but their goal came from a very dubious penalty (dive when a leg was stuck out) over near the very edge of the penalty area towards a corner flag. It was much better than the PB game. There was a lot better build up play and effort and very solid defence but we just couldnt place our shots well enough. We had maybe eight or nine good shots and they had two or three. We also had around a dozen corners but didnt threaten enough from these.

I was giving a report of my view of events Cookie. I said we needed to be more lethal in front of goal and defended the view that it was like the PB game. In my opinion we were a lot better than that while not being brilliant but we weren't good enough in the final third from open play and set pieces. Jay was very good at centre back and the defence looked comfortable. Just a couple of first half finishes away from being another polished performance. As others have said sod the KSC and lets get back to winning ways next week.

Having also been there yesterday and at 'that' match against Potters Bar I would say that we were 150% better yesterday. How the ball did not go in the net probally mystifies everyone who was there. It certainly was not for the lack of trying by 'all' the attacking players who had good shots blocked or saved. The penalty decision against us was laughable (read the comments of the Gloucester fans) and why that inbred from Somerset (I think it was Frome he came from)did not give the penalty for the trip on Pinns was beyond me.

I would finally like to say to any Tiger fans Thanks for your hospitality yesterday.