Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Yearup - Where have you been hiding, what happened to your Charity thread. Anyway how would you know about the goings on at Coles Park.

3praise - I wonder whether you can throw any light on some more gossip that I have on good authority as being true. I gather a player was booked at Coles Park recently for having a Jimmy Riddle on the side of the pitch during a game, if so this must be a first as I have never heard of a yellow card being brandished for this before.

During a game is not quite accurate, it was before the match and was over the fence and where the car park is. The ref was hurrying the players out and so he couldnt go back into the changing room. Ive never heard of anything like it in my life but hey from what ive seen this season nothing surprises me with the ref's in this league.

Fair play to Haringey Borough for getting a report onto their Website so soon after the disastrous defeat at Royston Town as well as a disastrous display by the sounds of things:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/

Rhodes

I have been a silent watcher of this group for the whole of this season.

Just so that you know absolutely, I will tell you the following:

1 I am what is known as a “silent” investor in Haringey Borough

2 Aki “Sugar” Achillea is a friend of mine.

3 You are neither a friend of mine, nor of the club.

Whilst I have no doubt that you are rejoicing at the relegation of the club that you have consistently suggested that you support, it is only right that you should be aware of a few points.

First, even though you find fault with him at every turn, Aki Achillea is just an ordinary man, not a super hero, not a politician, not even infallible, but an ordinary man.

However, he is a man of passion. He has great passion for his club, and he has put an enormous amount of his personal time, effort and money into that club. There are not many people who are either willing or able to do that in these times.

I note that you have posted, with some mirth, stories about “Sugar” pouring the teas at matches. Tell me something, Rhodes, what exactly is wrong with a day’s work? Is it somehow wrong to put yourself to work at the club that you support? No doubt Kentish Town would never find you serving up – it would clearly be much of an embarrassment. What would the servants think!

I am not interested, Rhodes, in history, but the present. Throughout this season you have singularly shown yourself to be, variously, an idiot, a hypocrite, and a liar. “Sugar” has failed to live up to any of those standards.

I do not know whether your current team will in fact be in the same division next season, but let me tell you now. If we are indeed in the same division, and you should choose to come to Coles Park, you will not need to wear a disguise. We will welcome you as we welcome all. We do not have time for pettiness.

Good luck for next season.

Chutka

Chutka - A fascinating post and your points have been taken onboard, I'm sure you are a decent guy and that it took some doing for you to come on here for the first time to have your say. I am not an idiot, hypocrite or a liar, all I am trying to get across is that 'Sugar' is not a football man in the true sense of the word and should not be Chairman of any Club let alone Haringey Borough. I don't deny he has put in an enormous amount of his personal time, effort and money however where has it got him at the end of the day or the Club, he should have cut his losses and stepped aside at the start of this season when a high profile consortium was waiting in the wings to come onboard to turn the Club's fortunes around, I doubt 'we' would have been relegated in 'our' Centenary year.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I am not an idiot, hypocrite or a liar

Yes, you are.

'Sugar' is not a football man in the true sense of the word and should not be Chairman of any Club let alone Haringey Borough.

As long as no League, County or FA Rules are broken, Mr. Achillea is entitled to run the club as he sees fit. He seems a decent enough bloke to me and virtually every other user of this forum. You appear to be the only person that sees him in a different light but, then again, you are probably the only committee member he has felt the need to sack. He seems a more than capable Chairman to me.

I don't deny he has put in an enormous amount of his personal time, effort and money however where has it got him at the end of the day or the Club

I could ask you the same question about Kentish Town. In a conversation I had on Saturday evening, it was alleged that Mr. Haselgrove has gone AWOL. I understand from the same conversation that "a certain Club" and "a certain League", both of which have allegedly received rubber cheques from Kentish Town this season, are to join forces at the end of the playing season to make a formal complaint about the Club's behaviour. It would seem that both the Club and the League concerned have failed in various attempts to contact Kentish Town's Chairman. I suspect this is the real reason why next season's groundshare hasn't been officially announced yet. Perhaps you need to get your own house in order before criticising other clubs? When in glasshouses...

Potters Bar Town - Firstly why get involved in the handbagging between Chutka and me, there's no need. Secondly why bring Kentish Town into the equasion particularly on this thread of all places, your comments are laughable and I have to say it's the usual sour grapes on the back of the ill fated groundshare at Parkfield last season that you seem to have a bee in your bonnet over. As for 'a certain Club' and 'a certain League' joining forces to make a formal complaint about our Club's behaviour, this is the first I have heard of it and probably the usual tittle tattle you always involve yourself in at places like Chalk Lane. Surely if anybody was desperate to contact the Chairman and had no joy in doing so they would approach me in my capacity as Secretary. Furthermore our groundshare for next season has been officially announced and eyebrows have been raised in a Mr Spock fashion and jaws have hit the floor, we will be the Man Utd of division 1 again next season. No my hunch is that you have got home from the pub after a good few pints, made yourself a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, switched on your computer and come on here to stir it.

Furthermore our groundshare for next season has been officially announced

sorry rhodes I tend to miss what little there is of interest in all the spin you put out. Can you let me know where the groundshare is as I missed the official announcement.

"Furthermore our groundshare for next season has been officially announced and eyebrows have been raised in a Mr Spock fashion and jaws have hit the floor, we will be the Man Utd of division 1 again next season."

Where is it then?

Firstly why get involved in the handbagging between Chutka and me, there's no need.

Because it's a PUBLIC forum - a point you were making yourself on another thread only yesterday!

your comments are laughable

We shall see. He who laughs last...

As for 'a certain Club' and 'a certain League' joining forces to make a formal complaint about our Club's behaviour, this is the first I have heard of it and probably the usual tittle tattle you always involve yourself in at places like Chalk Lane.

But it won't be the last you hear of it. And it's no "tittle tattle", it came from a discussion I had at a Conference South ground (not at Chalk Lane) last night with a senior officer of the "certain League" who has been speaking during the week with a senior officer from the "certain Club". The only thing that isn't now "certain" is the future of Kentish Town as a senior football club.

Surely if anybody was desperate to contact the Chairman and had no joy in doing so they would approach me in my capacity as Secretary.

But you don't hold the purse strings and the issue is around alleged rubber cheques. No point speaking to the monkey if only the organ grinder can help.

Furthermore our groundshare for next season has been officially announced and eyebrows have been raised in a Mr Spock fashion and jaws have hit the floor

Where has it been officially announced? You have stated more than once that the good people of the forum would "be the first to know" and yet now you claim to have made the official announcement but there's been nothing on here. Have you been LYING to us all again?

we will be the Man Utd of division 1 again next season.

Depending on the outcome of the formal complaint that "a certain Club" and "a certain League" are about to make, you'll be lucky to be the Torquay Utd of Div 1!

No my hunch is that you have got home from the pub after a good few pints, made yourself a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, switched on your computer and come on here to stir it.

And after reading this response, you will begin to realise that, yet again, your hunch is completely wrong. I don't think that your usual trick of burying your head in the sand until everything goes away is going to solve this problem.

"Furthermore our groundshare for next season has been officially announced and eyebrows have been raised in a Mr Spock fashion and jaws have hit the floor, we will be the Man Utd of division 1 again next season."

Where is it then?

Rhodes didn't put that on the website, as he has no access to it! I believe it's out of date now anyway! Go on Rhodes, tell us the latest!

Horace - Yes you are right, I don't have access to our Website which, incidentally, we will be re-launching shortly Haringey Borough style, I never thought I would be saying that in my lifetime. As for the all important announcement, that you are all waiting for with bated breath, it is very much imminent but not on this particular thread.