Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

He has seen most Haringey games lately, I believe. You weren't there either, although Kentish Town had no game and you are not barred from our ground!

I've just read the match report on your Website, very impressive that it's up so soon and it seems like you made heavy weather of the win. I must confess that I sold my soul to the devil today, Potters Bar Town style, and went to Chelsea v Tottenham so there wouldn't have been enough time to get over to Hertingfordbury Park as much as I would have like to.

I'm afraid that we've probably dealt them a mortal blow today. I reckon it was a totally different squad today compared to the one we beat in September. Keeping all eleven on the pitch helped them, but apart from their goal, the rest of their shooting was diabolical. We were on cruise control for too long, after back to back 7-0 and 4-0 wins, and we had to scrap to win in the end.

Interesting, I see 'we' were leading at the interval and I expect the tea cups were flying around your dressing room Graeme Souness style, considering you equalised so soon after the break it's surprising you only ran out 2-1 winners. Incidentally how did the great Abu Umar play, 'the great one' is interested in his fellow Countryman's services for next season.

Abu did well, considering he was at the middle of a defence playing against a side who had scored 144 goals this season! Borough's ploy of rotating who was going to foul Ryan Redford appeared largely to pay off for them - the poor ref had no-one to book!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Incidentally any idea why my ears were on fire this afternoon about 2.45, 3.50 and 4.55.

Because everyone at Hendon was having a good laugh at your expense about your reaction to our April Fool. It made a nice column in our programme.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I've just read the match report on your Website, very impressive that it's up so soon

You'll be even more impressed to see pics then!

Pics from Hertford v Haringey 7/4/07

Originally Posted By: Horace
You'll be even more impressed to see pics then!

That's an understatement, I spotted 'Sugar' in two of them looking his usual cheerful self as your players celebrated in front of the dugout. Excellent pics as usual.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
There are some missing - did you gets the pics2 email?

Oops, sorry! I missed a few. They are now included.

Pics from Hertford v Haringey 7/4/07

Did it all kick off at one point, one or two of the pics would indicate 'handbags at dawn'.

One or two of "your" boys got a bit wound up. It was clear that they really hoped to get something from the game, but unfortunately individual skill and pace, and yellow and green boots aren't enough to beat a well organised, settled team!

Horace - That sounds very unlike the Haringey Borough I know and love, what did you think of 'the great' Mark Maher in midfield, he has come through the ranks and has the World at his feet, I think he's still only 17 or possibly just 18. So who was wearing the yellow and green boots, are you sure it wasn't blood dripping onto his boots from a head wound Terry Butcher style.

It was a good game on Saturday and Haringey did really well considering so many players were missing through injury, with quite a few young reserve players making their first appearances, and players having to drop-in to cover at other positions.

A centre-midfielder and Abou the 5th choice centre-back at the club were the central defensive partnership and battled away keeping the scoreline down. Herford could and should have took their chances and been ahead in the first half, but really did struggle against Haringeys quick counter-attacks in the first half, and it could have had been even more interesting had Haringey had more of their first team players in the attack and midfield and converted their chances.

Nice to see Michael Bakare come on for Hertford as a late sub, but was dissapopinted to see that he has not really progressed as a player and still seemed to lose the ball too easy.

I can see the Harefeild v Hertford game being a good match with two teams with different styles, and I think that harefeild might just edge it on quality of football, but Hertford are always likely to bang some goals in.

and they have Royston, Holmer Green, Tring and Biggleswade to play.. easiest run in of all the bottom sides as well.

Originally Posted By: AllowIT
A centre-midfielder and Abou the 5th choice centre-back at the club were the central defensive partnership and battled away keeping the scoreline down.

Didn't Andrew Cain play at Hertford then or against St Margaretsbury on Tuesday.

Anyone got any information on Haringey's 1-1 draw with Tring Athletic this afternoon seeing how 3praise seems to have gone AWOL.

Hi all. Dreadful refereeing today from a man who should be nowhere near a football pitch ever again. Not a fantastic game, but the 'Boro' should have won the game, but with a terrible ref who wanted to be the star of the show, we had no chance. The 'Boro' had two players sent off from poor refereeing errors. The 'Boro' fell behind early in the first half, but created plenty of chances and should have scored at least two or three in the first half alone. In the seocnd half we went down to 10 men but battled back greatly to draw level and looked mostly like to win. Then the mnoment that turned the game was when Daniel Tulloch was brought down right in front of the the refereee and awarded a penalty with 5 minutes to go. After a couple of minutes the referee then decided to chat to the linesman who was 25 yards away and then instead decided to give a drop ball. What a waste of a nice day out, spoiled by a terrible referee.