Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
He may have had an engagement to attend after the game.

Well fair comment but then he hasn't been on at all today either which I find a little strange particularly as he must be itching to tell us all about his beloved Borough's 4-1 win over Holmer Green.

Well thanks for that and very impressive it is too, it's the first time I'd seen the new all singing all dancing site. Now that wasn't difficult was it, a positive step in the right direction.

Thank you Rhodes, i am sure alot of work has gone into it. Like ive been shouting all season Haringey is laying foundations and a good website is just another way in which the club feel it can progress.

good website 3praise.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
a good website is just another way in which the club feel it can progress.

I agree but why did it take the Club so long to find that out, it never seemed so bothered about an all singing all dancing Website until now. Who at the Club took the bull by the horns and was responsible for setting it up, I take my hat off to them and I see that the site has a Forum too, yes you're reading my mind!

3praise - Yes but how long, 'Sugar' has been at the helm now for some three seasons and every season they have avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth with no visible progress off the field of play until now with the new all singing all dancing Website. What is next on the agenda then and what about those eagerly awaited Centenary celebrations, you still haven't spilled the beans in terms of what is planned.

There is more eagerness about which level 6/7 league Kentish Town will be plying their trade in next year!

3praise is very quiet these days, I thought he might have been on to give us his take on Haringey's 2-2 draw with Kingsbury on Tuesday evening and if he felt it was two points dropped or one gained. Perhaps he was working and couldn't go.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise is very quiet these days, I thought he might have been on to give us his take on Haringey's 2-2 draw with Kingsbury on Tuesday evening and if he felt it was two points dropped or one gained. Perhaps he was working and couldn't go.

I'll ask him on Saturday, when Haringey come to Hertford!

3praise - I have been on the new all singing all dancing Website and very impressive it is too, who runs it out of interest and whatever happened to my man in Newcastle who ran the old one, yes that's right the poor guy 'Sugar' threatened with Court action. Anyway one or two things confuse me about the following statement if you wouldn't mind enlightening me, firstly how come when I wanted to set up partnerships with all the School's in the area the idea was pooh poohed as a waste of time. How come the Club suddenly wants to become a focal point for the Community and Youth of Haringey, indeed when I was there the word 'partnership' was taboo and George wanted to ban it as a swear word:

HEAD OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT.

Although still only 21, Raki has been associated with the Club for many years both as a player and also Manager and Coach of a number of their teams. This season he has, together with his Assistant Ben Corbyn, led the Club’s Under 16s to the Division One title in the Harrow Youth League which has been secured with an unbeaten record and still with two games to play. The team is also in the semi-final of the League Cup and to complete the League and Cup double would be the icing on the cake and a wonderful start to the Club’s Centenary Year.

Raki is currently finishing a diploma in Sports Science, before taking a degree in Football Studies starting in September. He holds the FA level 1 Coaching qualification and is in the process of attaining level 2. He now plays his football at Step 3 in the National League Pyramid system for the famous Rymans League Premier Division side, Hendon FC.

Haringey Borough FC is also very happy to have entered into a Partnership with Woodside High School – located just some 500 yards from the Club’s Coles Park Stadium in White Hart Lane – which will ensure that promising young local players will have an established link to progress smoothly into the top echelons of Youth Football when they leave school and for those with outstanding talent and determination to break through into the semi-professional game and, perhaps, ultimately into the full time professional ranks.

Club Chairman, Aki Achillea, said “ These are exciting times for Haringey Borough Football Club; we have worked very hard behind the scenes to secure a structure for the enhancement of facilities that we can offer the youth of Haringey. We will be running at least 5 youth sides next season along with our total commitment to the Women’s team which is going from strength to strength every season. Additionally we have created a settled first team and Midweek League team and with the prospect of the Youth team players stepping up annually the future for the club will be secured for many years to come. The plans for a redevelopment of our ground are well advanced and Haringey Borough Football Club will become a focal point for the community and the youth of Haringey and I wish to thank the hardworking committee members and the Council for their support in helping the club realise their ambitions and potential”

3praise - So what's the story, the scoreline indicates a good display and that 'we' were unlucky. Incidentally any idea why my ears were on fire this afternoon about 2.45, 3.50 and 4.55.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - So what's the story, the scoreline indicates a good display and that 'we' were unlucky. Incidentally any idea why my ears were on fire this afternoon about 2.45, 3.50 and 4.55.

3Praise wasn't there today. Why do you think that your ears were burning - we had more important issues to discuss than you!

Originally Posted By: Horace
3Praise wasn't there today.

Why am I not surprised!