Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Rhodes i seem to disapoint you as i am not the Crunchy nut cornflakes man you wish i was!! i tend to come on this site whilst i am at work which is usually monday to friday, although with no game today i suppose i would catch up with you today. I have not been able to speak to my "lord and master" about your article and havent given it much thought as there are more important things to think about such as the next game...celebrations etc can occur after the season! But seeing as oyu are so concerned by the history of Coles Park why dont you put the article in your 80 page dossier and give youe "fans" something productive to read about for a change and not the mindless drivel you usually subject them too!, putting that article in your programme might just sway KTFC towards their one and only piece of silverware - Programme of the year!!

O yea Rhodes speaking about being all over something like a rash did you see Haringey Borough on Skysports Soccer AM this morning?

There was a great plug for the Sparten League and a fantastic strike from non other then Tommy Catania.....for all your community projects you tried and failed with, this was a stroke of genius as Soccer AM pulls in MILLIONS of viewers!

Originally Posted By: 3praise
O yea Rhodes speaking about being all over something like a rash did you see Haringey Borough on Skysports Soccer AM this morning?
No I didn't see it but will watch the repeat on Monday night, strange though that nobody else has picked up on it as yet on here as the SSML being on Soccer AM would certainly be a coup as you say and our beloved Borough of all teams to be featured not to mention the great Tommy Catania. Don't keep everyone in suspenders and tell us more, was the game in question at Leverstock Green and how come there were cameras present, no doubt 'Sugar' will be taking all the credit for it as always, a leopard never changes its spots.

Nope not leverstock green the game in question was against Chalfont St Peter, and a Tommy Catania Wonder goal showing his true potential with great technique and conviction. Most Haringey games are filmed these days for player development purposes, a great idea in my view.

'Sugar' should take all the credit as it was for HIS club, on HIS pitch and one of HIS players that scored so in essence it was to his credit that SSML was on soccer AM. if you cannot wait until monday night to see it, visit www.youtube.com to see that and more.

Most Haringey games are filmed these days for player development purposes, a great idea in my view.
Funny that, I had exactly the same idea when I was at Coles Park and Jose Fernandez filmed a couple of games however it was all unsurprisingly pooh poohed as a waste of time, now all of a sudden 'most games are filmed for player development purposes' and it's the best idea since the invention of the wheel.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No I didn't see it but will watch the repeat on Monday night, strange though that nobody else has picked up on it as yet on here as the SSML being on Soccer AM would certainly be a coup as you say and our beloved Borough of all teams to be featured not to mention the great Tommy Catania. Don't keep everyone in suspenders and tell us more, was the game in question at Leverstock Green and how come there were cameras present, no doubt 'Sugar' will be taking all the credit for it as always, a leopard never changes its spots.

Typical clip Rods! Spends all season slagging off the club, its Chairman, its supporters, its programme, its website, its hospitality and its pitch but, when fame, fortune and celebrity status appear on the horizon, it suddenly becomes "our beloved Borough". How two faced can you get?

(Excellent goal, by the way!)

Rhodes the reason why noone wanted games filmed whilst you was there was because the football was not something you would want to show off!!

O yea sorry i hadnt answered your question Rhodes about Jose Fernandez. as i have said previously i was at Haringey when Clement was there which means so was Jose, or as he liked to be called Major Fernandaz such was his boot camp approach to training. I remember being put through the paces thinking i was Rambo, only to be then bored to death in a session by Clement, sitting everyone down telling us about "when i played for Nigeria" Uncle Albert Style!!

PBT thanks for pointing that out, and i am glad you enjoyed the goal, there are others going on there and others on there already!

No not typical at all, I didn't see Soccer AM this morning however it was probably just a thirty second snippet with Helen Chamberlain making some sort of silly joke about the unique formation from the corner that was taken leading up to the Catania goal. Besides it probably won't be too long before 'the great one' is sitting on the sofa beside Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy going by the current Worldwide press publicity he is getting.

No not typical at all, I didn't see Soccer AM this morning however it was probably just a thirty second snippet with Helen Chamberlain making some sort of silly joke about the unique formation from the corner that was taken leading up to the Catania goal. Besides it probably won't be too long before 'the great one' is sitting on the sofa beside Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy going by the current Worldwide press publicity he is getting.

I too saw the goal featured on the show this morning, it was a small clip but was accompanied only by praise of the quality of the strike.

In my opinion there is as much chance of 'the great one' appearing on the red sofa as there is of him appearing as the soccerette!

Eagle - I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you, Sky Sports, amongst others, have received a letter from the Club bringing them fully up to speed with the situation involving 'the great one', Toto and the Israel game next month and we also have a player who works at Sky spreading the gospel so you may well see him on the Sofa soon. Incidentally was the great Tommy Catania mentioned by name on Soccer AM when they showed his goal, hopefully I can get to see the repeat tonight.

Just watched a repeat, as I knew you would be too busy defending the nation! Tommy was named, as were Haringey Borough, and The Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

Was 2nd September 2006, so virtually 6 months old. Great volley from 30 yards +.

a great advertisement for our league, and what a way to advertise with a goal of that standard! i was actually one of the lucky ones to have watched that goal/game live! I find it quite funny that just because harngey make themselves known on SKY's soccer AM it just so happens Rhodes knows somone who works at SKY (probably installs the boxes) who has been spreading the gospel about Clement. the only thing that worries me Rhodes is will SKY be interested in a first team coach in DIV 1?

3praise - I was merely pointing out that we have a player who works for Sky in the Media department, a bit like having a mole on the inside, Kim Philby style, who can spread the gospel about 'the great one' all day long and twist Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain's arms about getting him onto the sofa, afterall it's not what you know it's who you know. What will Haringey be doing to keep the momentum going following their fifteen minutes of fame last Saturday, what has your lord and master got up his sleeve so this great opportunity in their Centenary year is not wasted.

3praise - I was merely pointing out that we have a player who works for Sky in the Media department, a bit like having a mole on the inside, Kim Philby style, who can spread the gospel about 'the great one' all day long and twist Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain's arms about getting him onto the sofa, afterall it's not what you know it's who you know.

Funny how he hasn't succeeded thus far then, isn't it? Or is it just that your 'mole' doesn't hold Clement in the same esteem as you? Either way, it would purely be seen now as jumping on the back of Haringey's success. It would be funny, though, to see how a man you constantly tell us is too shy to sign autographs would cope with the national exposure of sitting on a tv studio sofa whilst Sheephead takes the pi$$ out of him on live telly!

"What will Haringey be doing to keep the momentum going following their fifteen minutes of fame last Saturday, what has your lord and master got up his sleeve so this great opportunity in their Centenary year is not wasted. "

It was 5 seconds of fame, not 15 minutes! Helen tried to say "Haringey Borough of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division" with a straight face but didn't really succeed. The clip was clearly from a hand held £99.99 camcorder or a mobile phone too. She did say Tommy Catania properly though!

Horace - I was quoting from Andy Warhol, you should know that, and actually meant five seconds although I'm not taking anything away from the coup of being on the programme, if Catania was Brazilian then the goal would be right up there in lights with your Zico's, Carlos Alberto's and Roberto Carlos's.

if Catania was Brazilian then the goal would be right up there in lights with your Zico's, Carlos Alberto's and Roberto Carlos's.

Brazilian FC (Middlesex County League) score several high quality goals a season. All their players, as the name suggests, are Brazilian but I don't see any of their goals "up there in lights" so I have to make you wrong on that one, clip Rods.

Horace if Catania was Brazilian then the goal would be right up there in lights with your Zico's, Carlos Alberto's and Roberto Carlos's.

Did you see it?