Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: SteveR
Originally Posted By: Rhodes

SteveR - Are you feeling okay

Not really. Just had a hernia operation. However, you're earlier comment was hilarious.

Don't laugh too much Steve - it might come back again!

SteveR - Sorry to hear that, I expect recent results have cheered you up no end though particularly Saturday's win over AFC Wimbledon, I expect Graham is over the moon.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
if i can get away from work i should be there.

I think that says it all.

3praise - You haven't said whether you were at Coles Park last night, I have had to go into the Langford Website as I couldn't wait any longer for your report:

http://langford.intheteam.com/modules/ne...mp;itemCount=20

3praise - What says it all, I'm not with you. So were you at Coles Park last night, you don't have to feel ashamed if you weren't, honest, I'm sure 'Sugar' won't hold it against you.

I still don't know what is supposed to say it all, can someone enlighten me.

the link you gave to the match report "says it all" regarding your request for a match report. Rak has also filled you in with a match report, unfortunatly i am not like KTFC and have 3 different match reports for the same game in my 70 page glossy big issue!

3praise - No we can see you don't go that extra mile for your beloved Borough, you can't be arsed to help John Bacon sweep water off, fork and sand the hallowed turf to get a game on and you can't ask your boss for an hour or so off to get to Coles Park for 7.45. Anyway here's John's masterpiece for the Ruislip Manor game from the Tottenham Journal:

Borough came within inches of a rare win over Ruislip Manor although a share of the points was perhaps the fairest result. With the scores tied at 1-1 Danny Tulloch's last minute header was tipped over the bar by the Ruislip keeper Carl Tasker leaving Borough without a league win since January 20. As usual Borough created plenty of chances and Tasker was in early action as he pushed away a pile driver from Onaldo Peixoto do Santos which looked destined for the top corner. Borough's 16 year old debutant keeper Edison Brahimi performed confidently and received fine support from Dave Patten and Hilary Umeh who provided an effective barrier down the middle and made many solid first time clearances. When Brahimi did lose the ball way out wide on the goal line in a race for a through ball Lloyd Mitchell executed a perfect headed clearance as a shot was floated towards the vacant net. Rashid Kamara and Johnnie Offei often caused concern in the Ruislip ranks with their fast tricky raiding down the wings and Tasker did well to block one close range shot from Kamara but in the main they were eventually crowded out and prevented from delivering killer balls. At the start of the second half Manor dominated for a while and a free kick in a central position just outside the area was well palmed round the post by Brahimi. Manor took the lead on the hour mark when Brahimi did well to block a close range effort only for Borough's defenders to be beaten to the rebound. George Mapes directed the ball goalwards and Umeh was unlucky to see his attempted intervention diverted in. Borough refused to lie down and Kamara finished one mazy run with a ferocious drive only inches over and Calvin Petrie just lost out to Tasker in a one on one before an inspired substitution by manager Ged Searson saw an extra forward Tulloch drafted in up front to assist Petrie. Within a minute the pair combined slickly to enable Tulloch to slot an equaliser low into the net. Borough had the better of the closing exchanges which was not surprising as it was Manor's fourth game in eight days, a fate which will befall Borough at the end of the month, but there was no end product to trouble Tasker unduly until the final minute when his acrobatics denied Haringey the two extra points.

Borough team: Brahimi, Mitchell, Umeh, Dainty, Patten, Catania, R Kamara, Onaldo Peixoto dos Santos, Petrie, A Kamara, Offei.

Subs: Kafei-Gyasi, Brown, Tulloch, Okot-Uma.

Thank you manorborn, its always nice to hear positive praise especially with all the bad press haringey recieve - during and post the clip rods years'! "the clip rods years" sounds like a sitcom waiting to happen!

Excellent well balanced report by John Bacon there that summed the game up well.

Ah The Clip rods years starring of course Nicholas Lyndhurst in the title role with Forrest Whittaker as Aki Achillea no doubt and Charlie Caroli (check the name on google if you are unsure) as Clement Temile.

Lato - Well that's John all over, don't get me wrong as I'm his biggest fan and he taught me everything I know about being a Club Secretary however he can be a yes man and makes Sir Trevor Brooking seem controversial when it comes to sitting on the fence.