Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: 3praise
i am sure if Rhodes is not there his ears will be heavily burning!!
Why should I be there, I will be at Winslow United weather permitting. I bet my ears will be literally be on fire at the interval and at 5.00 whilst you are all downing your pints of Fosters kindly purchased by your lord and master, the bar cash tills at away grounds ring loudly these days when Haringey Borough come to town.

HTFCew - Funnily enough I have been told on a number of occasions that I have a vivid imagination however that is not the case where the likes of 3praise and 'Sugar' are concerned, I can read them like a book as they are as predictable as night follows day. Look at when you visited Coles Park for the 9-0 game for example, it was like feeding the 5000 and you fell for it hook line and sinker particularly Manic and Horace.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
HTFCew - Funnily enough I have been told on a number of occasions that I have a vivid imagination however that is not the case where the likes of 3praise and 'Sugar' are concerned, I can read them like a book as they are as predictable as night follows day. Look at when you visited Coles Park for the 9-0 game for example, it was like feeding the 5000 and you fell for it hook line and sinker particularly Manic and Horace.

I'm getting REALLY ANGRY about this now, you bloody idiot! How many times do I have to say that NO special treatment was applied to our visit! MANIC attended as a supporter, and, along with 20 or so others enjoyed a few drinks in the bar - this was appreciated by the home club as it was unusual, if not unique.
I, along with HTFCew and others enjoyed the usual refreshments of tea or coffee, a slice of cake at half time, and sandwiches afterwards. It was no more, no less, lavish than supplied by most clubs we have visited this season in the SSMFL.
I did not meet Aki until after the game, and then only briefly. Because of your notoriety, your name inevitably came up in conversation. Aki told us why he had sacked you, but asked us not to publicise the information. Josie in the bar told some of our supporters what she knew about "BewareofRhodents" (remember, she meets your other half in the supermarket).

Still thinking about your reply, Rhodes? I see you have been responding to another post since I posted the above, so I know you are around.

I'm off now for the much publicised haircut!

Horace - Fair enough and I'm sorry if this has come back to haunt you again however it's not what I remember at the time from the 'Haringey Borough 0 Hertford Town a lot' thread which I don't have time to search for right now. I recall that Josie dashed out to Tesco, or was it Morrisons, during the first period to virtually buy the shop up so you could all have a kings banquet afterwards, from what I was led to believe there was everything but caviar, bluefin tuna and krug champagne.

I recall that Josie dashed out to Tesco, or was it Morrisons, during the first period to virtually buy the shop up so you could all have a kings banquet afterwards, from what I was led to believe there was everything but caviar, bluefin tuna and krug champagne.

Instead of spending all your time dreaming up scenarios, try using it to reacquaint yorself of the actual facts which were posted here.
Yes, Josie had to go out to shop, so the Hertford supporters could BUY food from the bar as the stock was too low for our hungry hoards. The boardroom "spread" had been done in advance, and was just the same as we get at other places.

Back from the hairdressers now - had to wait for the anaesthetic to wear off before I could drive! And the price had gone up since last visit! Now £9.50 - makes Gavin's fiver look a real bargain. Still, I've got oners-to-fourers tenner to come from the Chalfont bet!

Rhodes, I'm still just as angry about your idiotic rantings about the infamous day (infamous for Haringey). You were not there, and appear to have got your "information" from Josie, via BewareofRhodents. Of course Josie had to go and get stock ,TO SELL, you idiot. The bar had its best take in ages, and she was justifiably thrilled.

3praise - Thanks for that report, I look forward to seeing if John Bacon's masterpiece in Thursday's Tottenham Journal verifies your version of events.

3praise - Here it is, hot off the press with the headline 'Early signs are misleading as Boro go empty handed':
Borough returned from seventh placed Chalfont St Peter with what they deserved - nothing. For the first ten minutes however the signs had been good as Borough dominated the proceedings. Rashid Kamara threatened down the left and was unlucky not to open the scoring when a low drive bobbled in front of the keeper but struck the foot of the post. But once Chalfont's fast and skilful front runners - Bradley Bubb, Terrell Lewis and Jerome Okimo - got into their stride Borough's defence was always stretched and the home side missed several good openings before taking the lead in the 31st minute. Chris Perifimou made a fine clearance off the line from a corner but Chalfont were allowed to return the ball into the danger area and Bubb found the net with a crisp shot. Minutes later Jamie Brown kept Borough in the game with his fourth penalty save out of six he has faced after Dave Patten had been harshly adjudged to have tripped an opponent on the edge of the area. Borough were now penned back and Chalfont doubled their lead five minutes into the second half when a quick breakaway ended with Bubb slotting home. Any hope of a Borough comeback was extinguished in the 54th minute when Brown parried a fierce shot and Ray Walsh reacted quickest to slam in the loose ball. Had Barry Brosnan not blasted a clear opening well over the bar at the far post it might have been a rout but with the game obviously won the home side took their foot off the gas. Borough had not tested Chalfont keeper Adam Carpenter throughout the half but in the 89th minute he could only push a low drive from Calvin Petrie into the corner of his net to provide the visitors with a consolation goal and a score line which was more respectable than had one time looked likely.
Team: J Brown, Mitchell, Umeh, Okot-Uma, Patten, Catania, R Kamara, Perifimou, Petrie, Kamara, K Brown. Subs: Woolcock, Banuelos Charles.

Lato - i and some of the others from the board are looking forward to the game as it should be a good one, but also to meet yourself, spidermanor and manorborn, i am sure if Rhodes is not there his ears will be heavily burning!!

Look forward to meeting you on Saturday 3praise and indeed all our friends from Haringey, both from the board and BOARD.
Must remember my wooly hat.

Thank you Rhodes, it seems that myself and John Bacon where singing off the same hymn sheet!!
Lol, I actually thought the two versions, ie yours and John Bacon's were like chalk and cheese, you indicated that Haringey played well and were unfortunate to go down 3-1 however John said 'we' got what 'we' deserved, nothing.

Ahh Mr Rhodes its a great feeling to be missed, and i thank you for your concern but yes i am here alive and well.
With regards to the game on saturday, it was a really dissapointing performance, very flat and unharingey borough like. Taking nothing away from Chalfont St Peter, who are not the greatest side ive seen this season but have a very young but very able strike force, having already notched up 46 goals between them this season! The game started very evenly with both sides testing the respectable 'keepers. The only moan i would have from the game was the penalty which Chalfont went on to miss, the striker on the edge of the box tried to turn, kicked it too far in front of him and went off far for a goalkick, was slightly caught on his ankle - he was not put off his turn, nor did he fall over, yet a penalty was still given. Having seen some of the decisions given against us this year i can relate to Paul Jewell when he says teams at the bottom get nothing!!

Rhodes where in this do i say we didnt deserve to lose? i think i might add my name to those you owe an apology to!!

Well reading between the lines of your report you are always looking to make an excuse whereas John's trademark no nonsense report shoots from the hip and says 'they got what they deserved, nothing', why didn't you say that then.

no excuses, it states WE played well below ourselves and the scoreline shows WE got beat. although our result said we got beat 3-1, yours said you got beat 5-1 and you STILL made excuses, at least at 3-1 we can say we where still in it.

Well reading between the lines of your report you are always looking to make an excuse whereas John's trademark no nonsense report shoots from the hip and says 'they got what they deserved, nothing', why didn't you say that then.

No excuses really other than the fact that we had a virtual Reserve team out and no recognised centre forward yet still gave 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers a decent game. The score flattered them and at only 2-1 at the break there was still everything to play for until they extended that lead on 55 minutes which gave them a much needed cushion. We almost scored the fastest goal in football history when straight from the kick off Thomas Looney lobbed the keeper who just managed to scramble back to grab the ball before it entered the net, now that would have been something to talk about. There's no doubt Brimsdown are a good side and have a huge squad unlike ourselves however they are no Worldbeaters and readily admit they are constantly looking over their shoulders at Ampthill Town, Cockfosters, ourselves and in particular Stony Stratford Town who they have yet to meet this term.

excuses excuses excuses

3praise - So were you at Grosvenor Vale yesterday rubbing shoulders with Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn, what is your version of events and we'll compare reports again on Thursday when John Bacon's appears in the Tottenham Journal, we could make it a regular event.