Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fair result

Coffin Ender

No doubt plenty of fans will be disappointed with a draw but Ashford gave us a good test today and, most of the time, stopped us passing it around. Very combative side who have only lost once in the last ten home games.

Not many clear-cut chances at either end but Hockton really should have scored with a far post header at the start of the second half. Otherwise a fair result.

I wasn’t happy with today’s performance. Let’s hope it is not another 4-game blip and normal service will resume on Tuesday.

Defensively we were very slow without Pat. Greg ok, but nothing like as nippy as he used to be before his injury of a couple of years ago. Donovan seemed unfit and badly out of match practice – did his best to lob his own keeper in the first half. Trotty played ok, but let the fast winger get past him to set up the goal. Skins was the winger’s first victim in that run, and needs to sharpen up when defending.

Midfield we looked better after Dolton came on and Saunders went central. Protheroe had looked out of sorts all game and had a silly go at the ref after his deserved booking. McKimm’s passing was, in general, inaccurate. Jackson played well.

Pinnock works so hard up front I feel bad about criticising, but his first touch too often takes him backwards, putting two or three defenders goalside of him, so your quick break is cancelled out.

Hock played pretty good; hope he is ok. I have never seen a more reliable penalty taker.

Sorry it’s a bit negative. A couple of years ago we could only dream of a Margate side with this much class, so perhaps the occasional off day should be forgiven.

Merry Christmas everybody, and roll on Tuesday!

Not the end of the world the draw though. Better than getting beat altogether.Good crowd if indeed correct. I was told it was a pittance of an attendance too.

Oh well.

Ramsgates attendances are improving(not) I see now down to 282 at todays game.Cant wait to see the number of people attracted to our team on Tuesday. Anyway back to the point.A decent point having not played brilliantly.Another mini kick up the backside then just at the right time.

Quote:
Alex Tucker said:
Poor ground, poor weather, poor game and a poor result

Good coach journey home.

And non existent PA! Won't be buying their raffle tickets again.... :-(

Quote:
Cookie said:
Sounds like Ramsgate Tony!

Well it goes without saying that I will not be buying theirs either!!! Might even take my own cheeseburger...... lol

Was told the raffle result would be posted by tea bar but could not see anything! And if there was 354 in that ground I reckon they counted the people in the jumbo overhead!