Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE SCANDAL

smallsy

From what i hear Brentwood Town are NOT, yes NOT, being penalised for playing an ineligible player in a league match between themselves and Bowers earlier in the season.

This is a joke. From what i am led to believe the player in questions name was spelt wrong on the FA website so that is their excuse. What a crock of sh*t.

If Brentwood were running away with the league like i expected them to be it wouldnt matter a jot. However teams like concord, burnham ramblers, barking and barkingsides promotion hopes have been dealt a huge blow. Not to mention teams like Romford who have a massive chance of winning the ESL title!

What i dont understand is that if the FA/ESL agree it is not Brentwoods fault why punish Bowers. We played that game depleated through suspensions, especially in the midfield where the player played and was awarded man of the match on the clubs own website. We should be given the chance to win those points or let Brentwood win them fair and square. Im sure brentwood wont be scared of playing us again!

What a disgraceful decision this is that im sure the whole league will be appalled by.

This was not bowers mistake nor any of the league title chasing clubs. We are the ones being punished and Brentwood escape scot free. They played an ineligible player, if its not their own fault whos is it? Surely someone is to blame and it must be someone at brentwood.

what a load of bollox.

League Chairman anything to say on the matter . This smacks of favouritism and is an absolute joke. Clearly the rules of football dont apply to Brentwood.

at least you got a replay EMFC.

hopefully if ntohing else it will motivate everyone to beat them that little bit more.

burnham have got the ball rolling and there are plenty of good teams in this league.

makes a mockery of it. they are not running away with the league, they have lost their best regular centre half(i say regular because steve king is class but he is fireman and not always available) and allegedly there is unrest in the dressing room - that is obviously rumour though so could be complete bollox. those 3 points are massive.

lets be honest kingy they struggled against a burnham side full of kids. del will even openly admit that. they still have to go to burnham and barkingside and barking. long way to go. i fcking hope..........

brentwood have to come back to us in the league aswell . Stupidly on saturday when they beat us 1-0 (we had 4 players cup tied i might add) they came into the changing rooms at the end and done the old OI OI and banging and shouting . Foolish when they have to come back and play for 3 points next time . They just made me even more determined to stick it up them . Ive sat and watched 4 games against Brentwood this year - 2 for Burnham in the league cup being rested and 2 for concord being cup tied so I cant fcking wait to get on that pitch and have a crack at them .