Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE SCANDAL

smallsy

Originally Posted By: EMFC
Well Katty the game was abandoned for what was said to the linesman. If it had to be replayed why not as the game finished? You with 10 men and going into extra time. You had a weakened side that day to be honest which we could have taken advantage of. Then when we played you at full strength last week when we were missing several players ourself. Not fair in my opinion. Fair enough the lino walked but maybe the player should have for what he said. Then you would have had 9 men and we SHOULD have won. We had a situation a few years ago and the game was awarded to the other side.

Well after the lino walked the ref asked if anyone would run the line so the game could be continued. We offered either of our managers to do the job and your club said no. So then we said choose someone from your club and we don't care who, then your club said no, they were not putting anyone forward. Then that is where the ref was incorrect in carrying out the rules of the game

beauty - so i get two games against them - superb ! cant wait .

Boss i went talk not to drink but to publicise Concord Rangers . I was handing out fliers at the door advertising our game with Hullbridge on saturday !

If the player was suspended, then he is not allowed to play! The match should be replayed at worst. If it isn't, the whole situation is a farce!

The league is setting a precedent, then it will be interesting in the future, Does a manager knowingly play a suspended player in a match and then say well you let Brentwood do it!!

We had a forward who could not play against Brentwood because of suspension.

The way it is, it may be said in the future that Brentwood Town are not worthy champions, if they do manage to "win " the league, because of some creativity with the rules.

Originally Posted By: smallsy
you love it monk.

jenko i think you have a point mate but not really a lot can be done about it when they agreed replay. really the player should have got sent off for whatever he said to lino but its not barkingsides fault the lino wouldnt carry on.

back to brentwood....

I agree mate. The lino was a mug for walking. Nothing to do with Barkingside.

Originally Posted By: Beeswax

The league is setting a precedent, then it will be interesting in the future, Does a manager knowingly play a suspended player in a match and then say well you let Brentwood do it!!

Well said , I say every team should play their banned players just to protest at the situation !!

Originally Posted By: onebreast
Originally Posted By: Beeswax

Well said , I say every team should play their banned players just to protest at the situation !!

Hahahaha under false names as well!!!

Next week, I will mostly be... Wayne King!!! grin

Originally Posted By: kattyann
Originally Posted By: EMFC
Well Katty the game was abandoned for what was said to the linesman. If it had to be replayed why not as the game finished? You with 10 men and going into extra time. You had a weakened side that day to be honest which we could have taken advantage of. Then when we played you at full strength last week when we were missing several players ourself. Not fair in my opinion. Fair enough the lino walked but maybe the player should have for what he said. Then you would have had 9 men and we SHOULD have won. We had a situation a few years ago and the game was awarded to the other side.

Well after the lino walked the ref asked if anyone would run the line so the game could be continued. We offered either of our managers to do the job and your club said no. So then we said choose someone from your club and we don't care who, then your club said no, they were not putting anyone forward. Then that is where the ref was incorrect in carrying out the rules of the game

I agree with what your saying but we just wanted a proper linesman. We were not prepared to have just anyone do it......having said that they would probably be better than most in the league.

Katty did you watch the game saturday?