Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Sudbury v Enfield Town Final Score

Sudbury scrored in the 95th minute.

This was a little strange as the Referee clearly signaled 4 minutes to go on 89 minutes, when asked by the Sudbury keeper.

I think the Referee was more than happy with the result !!!!

Point regarding the Sudbury substitutes. 3 came on together.

They all played like thugs and two were booked within a couple of minutes and the third should have been.

An absolute disgrace.

What sort of instructions did the Manager give them for gods sake ?

At the end of the day it felt like a defeat, but should be seen as a point won at a difficult ground.

Sudbury still have some "interesting games" left.

I don't know why we get so upset with the Referees every week.

We should be expecting the same performances when we go to the likes of Bury and Sudbury.

Hope the Officials are on their toes Tuesday as Redbridge are no softies !!

Finally, well done Enfield F.C. - Thanks.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Sudbury scrored in the 95th minute.

This was a little strange as the Referee clearly signaled 4 minutes to go on 89 minutes, when asked by the Sudbury keeper.
I think the Referee was more than happy with the result !!!!

Point regarding the Sudbury substitutes. 3 came on together.
They all played like thugs and two were booked within a couple of minutes and the third should have been.
An absolute disgrace.
What sort of instructions did the Manager give them for gods sake ?

At the end of the day it felt like a defeat, but should be seen as a point won at a difficult ground.
Sudbury still have some "interesting games" left.

I don't know why we get so upset with the Referees every week.
We should be expecting the same performances when we go to the likes of Bury and Sudbury.

Hope the Officials are on their toes Tuesday as Redbridge are no softies !!

Finally, well done Enfield F.C. - Thanks.
I think Imust agree with you from what I have been told by S.O.D. but hey ho them's is the breaks!!!

angry

If you cast your mind back...there was a long stoppage for an injury during those four minutes. I thought the ref was pretty dreadful to both teams....whistling every 30 seconds and spoiling an otherwise enjoyable game.However,both teams could have had players sent off....some of yours in the first half..and a couple of ours in the second. A draw was a fair result all told.

Three teams out there today. I won't bother telling you which team didn't perform or were out of their depth. (think of a threesome)

Some very strange decisions following strange antics on the field of play.

If an assistant cannot see something right in front of him, but then able to see something happening some 50 - 60 yards away, then what chance have players got?

I did mention that I thought a penalty would arrive at the Town end at some stage during the game. However it didn't, but the free kick for offside was taken some 20 yaerds away from where Ricci Crace was flagged offside! Mind you, we should have defended it better rather than let Sudbury salvage a draw.

Where have all those Sudbury fans gone who were at Tottenham Hotspur the other year when they lost the Vase final again?

A good question...and one we ask ourselves on a regular basis. However..a group of us have formed to promote the club within the community ( a bit like yourselves ) and hopefully some will make an appearance again.

Too many assistants are told by the ref these days to deal with the throw ins only and leave the rest to him. I think we had one such ref today. But at least he was consistant by managing to piss off both sets of supporters.

Good luck for the rest of the season and in your hunt for a ground. Never know...may see you again in a month or so !

A perfect example of how poor the officials were today was in the 2nd half when the lino gave a corner from the opposite side of the pitch which the ref did not see from 10 yards away, or the fact the ball was no where near over the line for a Town corner!

Agreed the referee wasn't good, and he did manage to upset both sets of fans, but, IMHO, the only big decision he got horribly wrong was the yellow card shown to Jack Wignall for catching Dean Nyman in the face with a flailing arm. Now, either he thought it wasn't intentional, in which case give a free kick and get on with it, or it was deliberate, in which case send him off! By what law of the game did he come up with a yellow card - possibly the one that allows referees to chicken out?

(Grudging) credit to Sudbury for the gamble that led to their equaliser - they must have had eight men in our box when they scored!!

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Agreed the referee wasn't good, and he did manage to upset both sets of fans, but, IMHO, the only big decision he got horribly wrong was the yellow card shown to Jack Wignall for catching Dean Nyman in the face with a flailing arm. Now, either he thought it wasn't intentional, in which case give a free kick and get on with it, or it was deliberate, in which case send him off! By what law of the game did he come up with a yellow card - possibly the one that allows referees to chicken out?

Maybe the official thought he was too far away from the incident to see what went on. Mind you, he was only about 5 yards away! I think the occasion got the better of him.

Would be nice to get offical confirmation from the Ryman league,as to what will happen if Maldon finish in a play-off spot.IF second place really would mean a bye straight to the final (if Maldon come fifth of course),then that really would be an incentive to strive for runners-up spot.

In fact wouldn't that be a better idea for the play-offs next season,to have the League runners-up playing a final against the winners of a play-off between the 3rd and 4th ?

how can a ref be indepenent, if he comes from the same county and lives no more than 20 minutes away?????

of course he knew the Sudbury team, set up, etc as he would have been there on several occasions for county cup games etc.

why wasn't a ref from Essex or Herts brought in?

disgrace.

as for the performance, I think we played some great football, well done Town