Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Graham Poll, who is set to retire as a professional referee, may continue officiating at grass-roots level after registering for next season with his local Hertfordshire Football Association. (Daily Express)

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He usually referees one of our pre-season friendlies each year so is quite used to the banter at SSML level. He actually played as a right back in our over 30's vs under 30's game on cup final day as well. Can see why he refereed now!!

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor
Graham Poll, who is set to retire as a professional referee, may continue officiating at grass-roots level after registering for next season with his local Hertfordshire Football Association. (Daily Express)

Spidermanor - I'm at a loss as to why you created this thread suggesting, in a sarcastic fashion, that it would be a bad thing. I could think of nothing better than Graham Poll officiating at an SSML fixture, I'm sure you wouldn't complain if Mick Ewen allocated him a Ruislip Manor home game with the National press descending on Grosvenor Vale like flies.

Spidermanor - So from that last post you suggest that you made this thread in jest and expected everyone to split their sides laughing, well that's certainly not the impression the first post gives and you seemed genuinely concerned that Poll may continue to officiate at our level. You haven't ansered my question so I will ask it again, if he joined the SSML officials register and Mick Ewen allocated him a Ruislip Manor home game at Grosvenor Vale next season would you complain.

I knew Graham Poll 20 odd years ago, when he lived in Letchworth. He used to come and do pitch inspections for me at Baldock when there was bad weather. Could always rely on him, he was a very nice bloke then and never took a penny for his troubles.

Originally Posted By: Horace
I knew Graham Poll 20 odd years ago, when he lived in Letchworth. He used to come and do pitch inspections for me at Baldock when there was bad weather. Could always rely on him, he was a very nice bloke then and never took a penny for his troubles.

Spidermanor - I rest my case, thanks Horace.

Sorry to spoil your fun guys!

Poll would not be good enough next season to ref a SSMFL Prem game! Just to explain...

Poll would be a level 5. To ref in the SSMFL Prem you have to be a level 4, which means Poll would also line on the Ryman / Southern league! - cant see that happening somehow???

He could ref on all the other divisions for the SSMFL though.

I think their is a fair chance of that? Poll refereed on the Capital League in his earlier days! (Although there was football league teams in it in those days)

Many a night spent falling out of Bridge Avenue with Mr Axcell...

Originally Posted By: ref1
Sorry to spoil your fun guys!

Ref1 - Thanks for coming on to banter with us and for your helpful input however this thread was started by a silly post from Spidermanor who obviously has something against Graham Poll. If he decided that he wanted to officiate at any level below the Football League then his arm will be ripped out of its socket and whatever clearance he requires will be be fast tracked through.

Originally Posted By: ref1

Many a night spent falling out of Bridge Avenue with Mr Axcell...

Haha, indeed. Sometimes after closing time! A real character. I hope I get the chance of meeting him again...or is he off to Brazil again!