Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

Bet you can't guess what I watched over the weekend smile

Biggleswade Town v Haringey Borough, oh and Alan Rough's DVD 'Goalkeeping for Beginners'.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Biggleswade Town v Haringey Borough, oh and Alan Rough's DVD 'Goalkeeping for Beginners'.

Nope - no games over the weekend for me. And no it wasn't Alan Rough's (whoever the hell he is) DVD.

Originally Posted By: Septimus
A 'goalkeeping for beginners' DVD?

Common you know I have advanced to Mean Machine grin Release the Monk grin

Originally Posted By: Big Sam Smiles
Ooh I love a quiz, I'll start. Was it Countryfile with John Craven Willo?

Close Sam as the 'guys' were out in 'cowboy' county. laugh

And no it wasn't Alan Rough's (whoever the hell he is) DVD.

Lol, that says it all, call yourself a football fan.

Different generation that's all. But to enlighten you Willo, Alan Rough is the bubble permed keeper who stands leaden footed as a Brazilian (might have been Zico or Eder but certainly wasn't my favourite Brazilian the breath takingly useless Serginho) effortlessly chipped him in the World Cup of 1982. Rough was also Scottish keeper in the calamatous 1978 World Cup. However my best memory of him was from about 1980 when the Scottish team had their names on the backs of their jerseys. They were obviously doen cheaply as the 'bar' fell off the G in his name making him ROUCH.

I play it cos I'm not too bad at it, don't mind playing just hate watching. I have never called myself a fan of football.

And as Lato has pointed out the years 1978/80/82 I was -2/0/2 years of age so not my era

Here we go folks, the long wait is over, enjoy:

Subject: Article this week

The headline in the super soaraway Sun this morning read: "Att's yer lot Stuart" as "BLUNDER referee Stuart Attwell is banished to non-league following his latest shocker. "

The story? The "Woeful Whistler" rolling up at the FA Trophy game between Stevenage and Ebbsfleet this weekend as apparently he's not good enough for the pro game. I bet the fans of both clubs can't wait.

I agree that referees need a training ground to learn their craft and get it right, but once they've made it to the top wouldn

YIDARMY - This is by far Caroline's best article to date, I've always wondered why Graham Poll doesn't return to the Non League circuit where he would be welcomed with open arms wherever he goes however Caroline gives the impression that he is reluctant to do so.

With a higher quality of player, a bit more of a professional outlook and larger attendences it's only right that Non League demands better officials.

YIDARMY - I think Caroline is probably referring more to the Conference, Conference North and Conference South here but once again she is spot on, take the recent attendance at the AFC Wimbledon v Chelmsford game of almost 5,000 and I'm sure many of the play off matches later in the season will attract huge attendances. The Non League game has never had such a high profile particularly with fans abandoning the Football League's 'prawn sandwich culture' in their droves, as a result it warrants high quality officials.