Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

Has anybody noticed that Caroline Barker has secured a high profile job reading the sports news on Radio Five Live at weekends, she's a girl in the fast lane going places

Let's hope the fast lane she's using isn't the one on the A14 through Cambridge. You are right though in that she is getting about a bit and the sooner she takes over more from that awful Steve Claridge the better.

Wader - Caroline appears to have become particularly friendly on air with Clare Balding who, as you know, is very well contacted in the sporting World, I can see her getting to the very top of her profession in years to come as she's still relatively young.

• 5 months later...

This may be of interest to some members such as Football Man and Sjj2112 from today's Non League paper:

'The Non League paper is joining with Caroline Barker's Non League show on BBC Radio to stage a Fans Forum at AFC Wimbledon's Kinsmeadow home on 26 July. An exciting mix of players, Chairmen and Managers plus key members of the NLP staff will debate the future of Non League football ahead of the new season. The Forum will be held between 7.30 and 10.00pm and any fans wishing to attend should apply to nlp@greenways-media.co.uk or write to Fans Forum, The NLP, Tuition House, St George's Road, Wimbledon, SW19 4EU. Attendance is strictly limited. Everyone can hear the show live from 8.00 to 10.00pm that night on www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague'.

• 7 months later...

Not directly SSML related, or Non League Football Show for that matter, however the Grass Roots Football Show in Birmingham in June may be of interest to some members, I'm sure that some people involved with SSML Club's and youth football will like to go:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=73966

Not directly SSML related, or Non League Football Show for that matter, however the Grass Roots Football Show in Birmingham in June may be of interest to some members, I'm sure that some people involved with SSML Club's and youth football will like to go:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=73966

Looks very good, might have to attend.

For those on Twitter you can check out @GRFootball

Those not then www.grassrootsfootball.co.uk

I have to say that I'm surprised the event is being held in Birmingham and not London at somewhere like Olympia or Earls Court

I have to say that I'm surprised the event is being held in Birmingham and not London at somewhere like Olympia or Earls Court

That will make it a bit of a mission but still worth going.

Birmingham is where the new Wembley should have been built.

Horace - I hear what you're saying but London is where it's at isn't it, who wants to go to Birmingham if they can help it at the end of the day

Horace - I hear what you're saying but London is where it's at isn't it, who wants to go to Birmingham if they can help it at the end of the day

I have to agree with Rhodes on this (that hurts)! I really dont see why they would have built it in Birmingham.

Saying that who really wants to go to wembley.....the place is a hole!

It's easy for us southerners to say that but I can see the logic in a national stadium being in the middle of the Country.....

I went to the first one about 5 years ago when it was at The Excel centre. It's definitely worth going even if you have to travel to Birmingham.

You don't have to be so scared Cliff, they have running water, electricity & even broadband up there aswell !!!

Utter bollox Rhodesy. Birmingham would be far more convenient for more people in the country and people wouldn't need to leave 15 minutes before the end to avoid a half hour wait to board the sole poxy tube station at the venue. Also, you would find a decent pint at a reasonable price.

And I am from the Black Country so wouldn't give Birmingham or Brummies the time of day as a general rule.

I fully agree DiK. Another factor is would Non-league in the North-west or North East be so keen to travel to London. Birmingham is central, so it's a no brainer for the organisers to maximise the potential ticket sales. As much as it would be more convenient for people on here, there is life outside the M25 !

I have to agree with Rhodes on this (that hurts)! I really dont see why they would have built it in Birmingham.

The Doog is King - Well I'm not the only one with that view, convenience is not always the be all and end all

Well that's only 2 of you ! ; - )

I personally think Birmingham would be far more accessible for the majority of the country. The road & rail networks especially around the NEC make it far easier to arrive & leave than areas around Wembley.

I personally think Birmingham would be far more accessible for the majority of the country. The road & rail networks especially around the NEC make it far easier to arrive & leave than areas around Wembley.

Rhodes - I think your response of picking up the one comment supportiing you, whilst ignoring the contrary views of others just about sums you up completely!

Rhodes - I think your response of picking up the one comment supportiing you, whilst ignoring the contrary views of others just about sums you up completely!

The national stadium @ Wembley was a selfish comment, i only like it there for ease of travel.

I think it would be a fair situation if it was in the middle of the country......my company have club tickets to which i used to often go....but i stopped a long time ago due to the problems you have getting away from the place..............most of the evening is spent on wembley way getting to the station where they stop the crowd to ease conjestion.

most of the evening is spent in The Green Man Pub boozing while waiting for the numpties queuing for the tube to clear off