Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

I see that there is more about the Grass Roots Football Show, being held between 3 and 5 June in Birmingham, on the Non League Today website, it promises to be a great event and reasonably priced too at £15 for adults and £7.50 for children under 16, available on-line,

www.grassrootsfootball.co.uk

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=74693

I see that there is more about the Grass Roots Football Show, being held between 3 and 5 June in Birmingham, on the Non League Today website, it promises to be a great event and reasonably priced too at £15 for adults and £7.50 for children under 16, available on-line,

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=74693

How much are they charging for an Aero and a cup of tea?

Horace - Well I'll be surprised if it is anywhere near £1.20

Horace - Well I'll be surprised if it is anywhere near £1.20

No, it will be £2.20 !

• 1 month later...

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=74693

So who will be attending this event in a couple of weeks time

I see that there is a family ticket for next weeks Grass Roots Football Show up for grabs folks, all you need to do is answer the simple question

'which recent Newcastle Manager will be appearing at the show', good luck:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=75702

Some more information for next weekend:

Have you ever wanted the chance to take on Robbie Savage at FIFA ‘11?

Do you think you could put all five past Dion Dublin in a penalty shoot-out? Or have you got the skill to beat former Premier League manager Chris Coleman in a cross bar challenge?

Well here’s your chance to show us what you can do as the brmb Grass Roots Football Show gives all its visitors the chance to not only meet the stars but beat the stars, on the hour, every hour over all three days of this year’s event.

Starting at 10.00am on Friday, we will draw a name every hour from everyone that enters the competition and give you the chance to go up against any one of our football celebrities in a fun football challenge.

Everyone that takes part not only gets to meet with and have their photo taken with their famous counterpart, but if you win you’ll take home some fantastic prizes!

This amazing competition is free to enter, all you have to do is be there on the day, enter the prize draw, listen out for your name and who knows, at 10.00am on Friday it could be you versus Robbie Savage on FIFA ’11.

If it’s not you at 10.00 then listen out again at 11.00, 12.00 and throughout the day.

So how do you get the chance to take part and win your own football challenge with one of our celebrities?

It’s simple – buy your ticket to attend the brmb Grass Roots Football Show taking place on 3rd – 5th June at the NEC in Birmingham and enter the competition on the day.

Click on the 'buy now' buttons within this email or phone 0844 338 0338 to buy your tickets today.

Don’t forget you can still get 30% off all tickets until midnight this Friday 27th May using the promotional code GRF30.

Come and get involved at the Grass Roots Football Show!

Originally Posted By: Horacecaroline_barker.jpg

cry.gif

Has anybody been listening to Five Live recently, if so you will have heard Caroline Barker rubbing shoulders with the great and the good such as Nicky Campbell and Rachel Burden.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Caroline Barker has deservedly won a prestigious Online Media Award for her popular Non League Show on BBC Radio London which is now into its fifth season, who said it wouldn't last! Caroline is quoted as saying 'I am extremely proud the show has been recognised but it's not for me, it's recognising all the tireless work that the thousands of volunteers do at Non League Clubs up and down the Country, without them we wouldn't have the stories to cover and topics to discuss on a weekly basis'.

I see that the Grass Roots Football Show in Birmingham last month was an unbridled success, did anybody attend:

http://www.grassrootsfootball.co.uk/

A number of SSML people were seen there. Our guys saw the ex Colney Heath Manager as well as the Royston Chairman and manager.

• 3 months later...

I have it on good authority that, under the BBC’s so called ‘Delivering Quality First’ programme, the Non League Show is sadly due to be cut as part of the removal of sport from BBC London 94.9.

If anyone would like to voice their opinion on the disappointing proposals please visit this website:

http://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/dqf/consultation/subpage.2011-09-18.8948401403/

• 7 months later...

Has anybody been listening to the amazing show recently with Caroline still at the very top of her game week in week out, if not here is a link to the last five Podcasts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/nonleague

I see Caroline Barker was all over the Non League paper like a rash on Sunday with numerous letters about Non League football's golden girl such as this one:

'I am writing to express my sincere disappointment at the potential loss of the three finest broadcasters the Non League football World has ever had. I am an avid Non League fan and my enjoyment of these games is supplemented by the media coverage provided by the NLP, Premier Sports and the BBC. Firstly Caroline Barker and the BBC Non League radio show. Caroline is passionate about the whole Non League Pyramid and presents her show with a passion for football at this level, the shows are funny, informative and newsworthy. How can the BBC justify spending money on some of the other dross they fund and not support this brilliant (and relatively cheap) show'.

The writer then goes on to mention Premiers Sports however he clearly makes a good point about Caroline and her amazing Non League show.

• 1 month later...

Who has been reading Caroline Barker's riveting guest column in the Non League paper, this week she looks into so called 'Wembleygate' and the Vale Farm Club's PR stunt, if that's what it is, to play the likes of Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Brian McBride, David Seaman, Graeme Le Saux and Claudio Caniggia in the FA Cup this season with, wait for it, Terry Venables as Technical Advisor.

• 2 months later...

The brilliant Non League Show, hosted by, that's right, the amazing Caroline Barker has moved to BBC Radio Five Live and here's a link to the first three shows of the season if you missed them via the Podcast, Dave Watters (remember him) was a guest on the first show as well as the value for money Russell Grant!:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/nonleague#playepisode3

• 1 month later...

I see that Caroline Barker is hosting the Breakfast Show on Radio Five Live this morning, she's really going places isn't she

Who heard Caroline's interview with Max Clifford earlier this morning, he showed his true sinister colours and she really took him to the cleaners like I've heard no interviewer do before!

Max Clifford is a nasty piece of work that tries to exploit others for his own gain !!