Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

I've a gut feeling next week will be something special, Caroline is bound to touch on the FA Trophy final which should be between York City and Ebbsfleet.

YIDARMY - Me neither, it's a crying shame that the Non League Today newspaper folded as reading Caroline's excellent column in that used to break up the week a bit and it wasn't such a long wait from Wednesday to Wednesday.

Originally Posted By: digby
Latest News

Monday 23rd March 2009

BBC Radio London Sport

Colin Bell, Cockfosters Chairman, airs views re: Ground Grading on Radio. Listen to Non-League Show approx 3/4 thru show. BBC iPlayer - The Non-League Show: 23/03/2009

Link available from Cockfosters FC

Well done Colin - you put the case very well, and I for one hope that Cockfosters are not relegated because of ground grading.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: digby
Latest News

Monday 23rd March 2009

BBC Radio London Sport

Colin Bell, Cockfosters Chairman, airs views re: Ground Grading on Radio. Listen to Non-League Show approx 3/4 thru show. BBC iPlayer - The Non-League Show: 23/03/2009

Link available from Cockfosters FC

Well done Colin - you put the case very well, and I for one hope that Cockfosters are not relegated because of ground grading.

Thanks Horace all at the Lane appreciate your words

Folks - Bad news I'm afraid, it looks like some inconsiderate individual has ruined the highlight of our week:

Sent: 25 March 2009 11:18

Subject: Non League Article

Hello everyone,

It has been brought to our attention that the article we send out free to publish is being used for the purposes not intended. The decision has been made therefore not to send out the article everyweek unless a specific request is made, so we can track who is using it.

If you would still like the content, please drop an email to

nonleague@bbc.co.uk

Many thanks, and if you have a story, or would like to appear on the show, please email nonleague@bbc.co.uk

All the best

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Folks - Bad news I'm afraid, it looks like some inconsiderate individual has ruined the highlight of our week:

Sent: 25 March 2009 11:18
Subject: Non League Article

Hello everyone,

It has been brought to our attention that the article we send out free to publish is being used for the purposes not intended.

All the best

right let me get my head around this...she is a journo and writes an article each week for publication....neer do wells are reading it so it aint being published anymore.....

right...got it...grin

Hello everyone,

It has been brought to our attention that the article we send out free to publish is being used for the purposes not intended. The decision has been made therefore not to send out the article everyweek unless a specific request is made, so we can track who is using it.

If you would still like the content, please drop an email to

nonleague@bbc.co.uk

Many thanks, and if you have a story, or would like to appear on the show, please email nonleague@bbc.co.uk

All the best

Hahaha that has to be her best one yet.

I think I'll take up her offer and e.mail her with the story of the non-league week... that she has decided not to send her stories out anymore crazy

I did make a rare visit to the IPlayer to listen to Monday nights show and it was the usual suspects with the usual homogonised frippary and back slapping. The Cockfosters bit was interesting but the 'panel' didn't really get to grips with it apart from the expected sighs, feigned indignation and wrong end of the stick syndrome. Let's face it Cockfosters have a planning issue. So do Hampton and they didn't touch on that with Devo although they had the chance when chatting to him on the phone. I have to say to blame The FA grading requirements for it all was the over easy option.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

What purposes do you suppose Caroline is referring to, it doesn't make any sense as once she releases the eagerly awaited article on a Wednesday morning it is surely in the public domain.

Rhodes!....RHODES!....Would you please use your contacts to engage with Caroline at the BBC and resolve this situation. Me and Yid's have come to expect a weekly bulletin from Ms.Barker of a Wednesday and, quite frankly, my whole bloody week has been ruined by this embargo.

If she doesn't want to furnish us with her opinions this week i shall be compeled to cancel my BBC licence fee direct debit this month. It's a bleedin' disgrace! crazy

Samuelsmiles - Welcome back to the Forum by the way following your enforced absence recently. Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, I did e-mail Caroline immediately after her devastating bombshell last week however I haven't received a response as yet and fear that the inconsiderate culprit who was using the article 'for the purposes not intended' has spoilt the enjoyment for the rest of us.

• 10 months later...

Has anybody noticed that Caroline Barker has secured a high profile job reading the sports news on Radio Five Live at weekends, she's a girl in the fast lane going places