Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rhodes bitch against Haringey Borough thread

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Strangely enough I was going to add to that and say that this time it will be 'the great one', as opposed to Neil Armstrong, who utters those imortal words 'one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind' but thought that it might be a little over the top.

Ever seen the film Capricorn One rhodes? It could sum up the KTFC season nicely.

Also I know you are a stickler for getting things right and you have actually misquoted Neil Armstrong as most people do. What he was supposed to say and what he actually did say as he stood in a TV studio in Nevada is 'One small step for A man, one giant leap for mankind' Unfortuantely for Armstrong static cut out the all important 'A' making his comment non sensical as effectively the popular quote just repeats itself.

Well lets hope that 'the great one' gets it right at 4.50 on Saturday 26 April next year although I will of course fully brief him beforehand so he includes the 'a'.

WHHOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Lato - Just out of interest will you be glued to your computer on Monday, like everyone else, waiting for Gary Broadhurst's response to the signed shirt and ball mystery, do you think they have pride of place in 'Sugar's' snooker room at home or don't you think he bothered to collect them, perhaps we should hold a poll:

Sent: 06 July 2007 15:38

To: Rhodes, Cliff Mr

Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: Signed Ball and Shirt

Please note that I will be out of the office on until Monday 9th July.

I will respond to your email upon my return.

Many thanks

Gary Broadhurst

KICKZ Project Manager

The Football Foundation

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Lato - Just out of interest will you be glued to your computer on Monday, like everyone else, waiting for Gary Broadhurst's response to the signed shirt and ball mystery, do you think they have pride of place in 'Sugar's' snooker room at home or don't you think he bothered to collect them, perhaps we should hold a poll:

Many thanks

Gary Broadhurst
KICKZ Project Manager
The Football Foundation

no

Yes he has put a lot of his own money into the Club although since 'we' introduced the lucrative Sunday market, that is attended by some 4000-5000 people each week, he hasn't needed to dig so deep. I can see in which direction you are going and no doubt 'Sugar' will use that excuse if the shirt and ball do have pride of place in his snooker room however if that is the case then he should have declared them under 'Gifts, Rewards and Hospitality' rules and besides the shirt and ball were intended for auction and that was Tottenham's understanding.

If the ball is in his home then that is the excuse he will use, or something along the lines that he paid £1000 for it, and even at an open auction it would get no where near that

I would hate to play you at Cluedo wink

Yes but obviously 'Sugar' wouldn't get away with that in a million years as if he does have the shirt and ball at home then he purposely tried to keep it quiet hoping that it wouldn't come to light when Tottenham stipulated that the shirt and ball had to be auctioned. If he wanted to pay £1000 and put the money towards repairs following the fire then he should have declared that openly from day one and written out of curtesy to Spurs thanking them and stating how much had been raised. Anyway we'll see what Gary has to say when he replies to my e-mail, 'Sugar' may not have even collected the shirt and ball at all which would be a far worse 'crime'.

Greg Dyke - Me too, I hope Gary gets to work early.

Incidentally AWK has a surprise for you on his picture thread, check it out as you will think all your Christmas's have come at once.

3praise - Are you all geared up for tomorrow, what do you think Gary's response is going to be out of interest:

Many thanks

Gary Broadhurst

KICKZ Project Manager

The Football Foundation

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Lanky Looser? i think you are right Paula!!

3praise - I think if you log on tomorrow about 10.30 Gary should have responded by then and you can relay the verdict to 'Sugar' ahead of the nuclear fallout.

Strangely enough I was going to post at 10.30 in order to update you all, I can see that you are all on temterhooks waiting with bated breath but there has been no e-mail as yet. Gary is probably busy with KICKZ Project business but he's an efficient chap so I'm sure he will be dealing with 'our' matter of high importance very soon. Be patient.

Don't hold your breath, folks. It might be a matter of great importance to Rhodes, but I bet that it will take a reminder from him to eve get a promise of a reply!