Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broxborn Boro FC

Saf06 - I don't actually buy any of that, Shaka, Aaron and Daniel must surely all miss the camaraderie of playing for Kentish Town and will be back like a shot when things turn sour for them at Beaumont and Brimsdown Rovers. As for the Copthall Stadium being a loo, have you ever been there yourself, Aaron may have it mixed up with somewhere else.

yeah i play golf right next door to the staduim-its a [****!!****] hole-lol!

theres nothing for you to buy, im not trying to sell you anything-lol! im talking from pure fact-thast what he said! youngie said since being at brimsdown it opened his eyes to how poorly run and how poor the training was a kentish! a little bit harsh-but sometimes the truth may hurt!

Saf06 - I think your post says it all if all you're worried about is there are no shops near the Stadium to buy anything, there is a shop and cafeteria in the stadium anyway, albeit not as luxurious as Sport London e Benfica's one in the Harrow Road.

We would have probably given Aaron, Shaka and Daniel £50 a week if it was money they were after, it's peanuts at the end of the day.

Petethegreek - No I think you misunderstand me, I'm saying that £50 a week is peanuts so if the three players referred to went elsewhere purely to be paid £50 then they may as well have remained at Kentish Town and we would have given it to them.

This...

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
if the three players referred to went elsewhere purely to be paid £50 then they may as well have remained at Kentish Town and we would have given it to them.

...doesn't quite fit in with this...

for the sake of repeating myself our players weren't that bothered, they are not egotistical and that sort of thing doesn't interest them that much, they play for the love of the game and not what they can get out of it.

...does it?

Petethegreek - You tell me, I think they are perhaps a little naive and don't know which side their bread is buttered on.

Kentish town will never pay players at this level, no matter how good they are, if clubs want to pay players at our level, then good luck to them, and then they wonder why they are in financial difficulties, it is time that clubs sit up and get with the real world that we live in, the club has a three year plan, that will see it have some of the best facilities in non league football, and doing it without playing players, but instead investing in the facilities. Players will always move on, thats a fact of life, but new talent will emerge.

Petethegreek - No I think you misunderstand me, I'm saying that £50 a week is peanuts so if the three players referred to went elsewhere purely to be paid £50 then they may as well have remained at Kentish Town and we would have given it to them.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Kentish town will never pay players at this level, no matter how good they are, if clubs want to pay players at our level, then good luck to them, and then they wonder why they are in financial difficulties, it is time that clubs sit up and get with the real world that we live in, the club has a three year plan, that will see it have some of the best facilities in non league football, and doing it without playing players, but instead investing in the facilities. Players will always move on, thats a fact of life, but new talent will emerge.

So what is the real Kentish Town policy on this then? KTFC have recently seemed happy for their court jester to be their representative on here. Who really speaks for the club, the Clown or the Tiger?

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Rhodes - if you pay peanuts you get monkeys I believe that is what the saying is.

This may explain a few things at your club. No?

Well Petethegreek the above for example.

For pity's sake, this is Level 6, not the Champions League. A lot of players at this level happily turn out for nothing (indeed pay subs) to play Sunday football, get injured, booked etc and think nothing of their main club club that supplies their kit/physio facilities/training and a decent level of football. Those that get paid by their club AND turn out for Sunday football really need to take a long hard look at themselves. Those that don't get paid might show some respect for a club that is giving them an opportunity to show off their talents at this level and give them a platform to move on up.

Originally Posted By: Septimus
So what is the real Kentish Town policy on this then? KTFC have recently seemed happy for their court jester to be their representative on here. Who really speaks for the club, the Clown or the Tiger?

Septimus - You seem to be making yourself busy over this. I didn't say that we would pay messrs Hutchins, Cole and Young money but we could have at least sat around a table to talk about it rather than them just disappearing in the dead of night without a word to play for Beaumont and Brimsdown respectively.