Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Broxborn Boro FC

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I didn't say that we would pay messrs Hutchins, Cole and Young money

Yes, you did!
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
if the three players referred to went elsewhere purely to be paid £50 then they may as well have remained at Kentish Town and we would have given it to them.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Kentish town will never pay players at this level, no matter how good they are, if clubs want to pay players at our level, then good luck to them, and then they wonder why they are in financial difficulties, it is time that clubs sit up and get with the real world that we live in, the club has a three year plan, that will see it have some of the best facilities in non league football, and doing it without playing players, but instead investing in the facilities. Players will always move on, thats a fact of life, but new talent will emerge.

Tiger you are certainly the real and sensible voice of Kentish Town! Shame you have come on here and slap down Rhodes when he starts making up club policy for you.

Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Kentish town will never pay players at this level, no matter how good they are, if clubs want to pay players at our level, then good luck to them, and then they wonder why they are in financial difficulties, it is time that clubs sit up and get with the real world that we live in, the club has a three year plan, that will see it have some of the best facilities in non league football, and doing it without playing players, but instead investing in the facilities. Players will always move on, thats a fact of life, but new talent will emerge.

Fine words Gregg - now if you could only keep you pet baboon in check

What makes you think it's Gregg, try again.

So why did you say 'fine words Gregg' indicating that you were certain it was our Chairman, of course I know who Tiger007 is.

Petethegreek - Do you know 'the great' Kenny Dyer by any chance who is currently Coaching in Cyprus.

How do you know him, I believe he's at Nea Salamina

Yes that's right, he's worshipped there isn't he Clement Temile style, he's one in a million and had Haringey hung onto him when he kept them up against all the odds in 2004/2005 they would probably be in the Ryman Division 1 North this season as opposed to the SSML Division 1.

• 2 months later...

I was interested to read in this weeks bulletin that the Goffs Lane Club played host to the Estonian National team the day before their European Championship Qualifying game at Wembley. Estonia were staying at a nearby hotel and made use of the excellent Broxbourne pitch which was voted the best in the league last season. Chairman Peter Harris said 'We received a call from FA HQ asking if Estonia could use our Goffs Lane facilities, we were delighted to help. The Estonia party arrived about 10.00am and went into a 45 minute warm up routine, they posed for a group photograph and presented mementoes'.

That's a nice story!

Does anyone know the Broxbourne v Buntingford Town result tonight

Saf06 - I thought so, Buntingford are no mugs as I told Blues06 the other day.

Did you see Lee's back with us and already flying despite only being 30% fit, why don't you come back to join us, Frank said he will forgive and forget.