Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The New Kit

Laz

I'm sure the club could treble the sales of the new club home and away shirts by guarenteeing that the shirts will be used for two full seasons.

Many more fans will buy the shirts if the guarentee is in place. Once you’ve established this the best way forward is to introduce a new home shirt one season and a new away shirt the following season. Even if the club changes shirt sponsors the shirt design can remain the same. This is the recommendation that was put forward by The Football Supporters Association a few years ago and it has been followed by every single Football League club and most in the old Nationwide Conference. The more shirts you sell, the greater the demand becomes.

I see the shirt manufacturer is called 'Accused'. I’ve never heard of them before but their website claims that the company is an established supplier to the Premier League and Football League!

I think they supply kits for both Hornchurch and Billericay.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
......... I see the shirt manufacturer is called 'Accused'. I’ve never heard of them before but their website claims that the company is an established supplier to the Premier League and Football League!

According to our information, Accused Ltd. have manufactured on behalf of various suppliers (Umbro, Admiral etc) to every club in the Premiership except one and also to several in the Football League.

Hi Sarah. Out of curiousity as it might come up at the Supporters Club Bigge Quize Nite, which is the only Premiership club for which 'J'Accuse' haven't manufactured kit?

It sounds as though we're cutting out the middle man which makes good sense.

DOY, we've never had a problem selling new shirts every season. Despite sparse attendances at the few games we've had so far I've seen several of the new shirts already. I'm not a marketing expert but it suggests our strategy and pricing are correct.

agrre with that Laz, never subscribed to the theory that the fans are being ripped off on shirt sales

ticket prices on the other hand and the misguided judgement that the premiership is the only competiton that matters is well, something that they seem to shy away from.

are they subsidised by the FA?

would be refreshing to see the so called FSA , actually concentrate on more important maatters

Originally Posted By: Laz
DOY, we've never had a problem selling new shirts every season. Despite sparse attendances at the few games we've had so far I've seen several of the new shirts already. I'm not a marketing expert but it suggests our strategy and pricing are correct.

I’m sure the Supporters Club have never had a problem selling the shirts every season but I think it would be worth testing the waters for one season with a guaranteed shelf life. It’s worth a try to see if it pays dividends. The club would lose out from the sales from supporters that buy every season’s shirt but this would be outweighed by the additional sales that would be achieved from fans who object to the new shirt every season policy.

Look at any league from the Essex Senior League up to the Premiership and you’ll be hard pressed to find another club who introduce a new shirt Home or Away shirt every season. There must be a reason why they don't do it. You’ll also find that all the clubs that operate the FSA recommendation have a higher percentage of supporters who wear the club shirts home and away on matchdays.

I like the new shirts but I prefer the away version. I wonder if the club launched it at tonight's Watford XI game. I'm surprised you didn't get to the game Jkif!

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
I’m sure the Supporters Club have never had a problem selling the shirts every season but I think it would be worth testing the waters for one season with a guaranteed shelf life. It’s worth a try to see if it pays dividends.

Why? We'd need to sell twice as many in that one season. We don't have a problem as it is now so why change it?