Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hanlon given vote of confidence

Hatboy

Ritchie Hanlon is doing the best he can in difficult circumstances so I think it’s right to give him more time and assistance to turn things around. He deserves his vote of confidence but I wonder how many others at the club should also be asking themselves whether they are good enough to receive the Clarence Park vote of confidence!

The way forward for SACFC

Hi DofY.

Having read your post, I'm curious, and please do not try to interpret my own views from these couple of queries...

Firstly, how many of The Mighty Saints' 6 League games have you seen this season, and upon which your summary of The Biscuit's performance is, presumably, based?

And secondly, who else do you have in mind at The Fortress that might, or might not, merit a vote of confidence from the Chairman?

Originally Posted By: AFF

Firstly, how many of The Mighty Saints' 6 League games have you seen this season?

I haven’t seen ‘The Might Saints’ so far this season as I’ve been following my teams (Enfield Town and York City) whenever I can. My analysis of the Saints season-so-far is based on match reports in the non league papers, local press and the independent web forums I’ve visited.

I do not think the Biscuit was the right choice of manager in the first place but now he’s in the hot seat, I think he should be given the chance to turn this mess around. If JG shows Hanlon the door the club will be in a dangerous position as it will take even longer to turn things around. I’m going to the Bishops Stortford and Thurrock games so I’ll be in a better position to comment on the Biscuit after that.

Originally Posted By: AFF

And secondly, who else do you have in mind at The Fortress that might, or might not, merit a vote of confidence from the Chairman?

No Comment!

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: Laz
With two tough games coming up it's hard to see things improving in the shorterm.

Thurrock and Welling United will surley be a secure 6 points for the Saints?!

Think Laz is talking more about the Stortford and Lewes games.

Thanks for responding DofY.

I shall be more interested in your view of the "difficult circumstances" in which The Biscuit is "doing his best to turn this mess around", and whether, indeed, you confirm your feeling that he "should be given time and assistance", and "deserves" Gibbo's vote of confidence, once you have seen his team play.

Up above is the electronic version of The Review, of course, but the paper paper makes more interesting reading. The interview with Gibbo continues and he criticises "a former manager" [no I don't think it was meant to be one of those phone-in quizzes - he meant Colin Lippiatt] for the signing of players on long-term contracts without a wage reduction in the event of relegation. He was quoted in the piece saying that '75-80% of this season's playing budget was committed to the nine contracted players from last season.'

There is a longish interview with The Biscuit under the headline "I blame the players" or somesuch. He wouldn't comment on rumours that Matt 'Matty' Hann is on his way to Eastleigh or that Gary 'Buzza' Burrell is to leave us. I don't know whether it's of any significance but, for the first time in my memory, in an official communique, Matt 'Matty' Hann was simply referred to as Matt Hann. Could be telling, that.

I can't be bothered to comment any more, JKiF.

I have long held the view that there are things that can be said as a fan on the terraces, but Officials of the club must have a different set of rules governing their utterances. In particular, I have absolute control over what I say on here, save for trhe censor, of course, but, when speaking to a hack, he/she decides upon the emphasis for the piece what he/she is writing.

That is just another thing where my views differ from Gibbo's.

:0|

isnt that true of all journalism?

I've never known an article that doesnt take a particular slant.

Gibson aside, my opinin isnt complimetary but im interested in why some players arent doing it.

gibson aint out there on the park of a staurday/friday/tuesday/wednesday...