Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reward of £5

Gavin - Our nickname is still 'The Bedouins' but that can possibly be changed to 'The Sky Blues' as you suggest, we'll run it by the Club's hierarchy on Saturday

Ummm the bedouins...I like the sound of that...

From Wikipedia..

Bedouin, (from the Arabic badawī (بدوي), is a desert-dwelling Arab nomadic pastoralist, found throughout most of the desert belt extending from the Atlantic coast of the Sahara via the Western Desert, Sinai, and Negev to the Arabian Desert. Non-Arab groups as well, notably the Beja of the African coast of the Red Sea are sometimes called Bedouin

Did you come up with that term or was it the chairman who I read saved the club in the summer (Has he been at the club long?)

I also did not realize till I done some research that Kentish Town have only been a senior semi pro club for 4 seasons, still a young pup then.

Bedouins sounds better then Sky blues, as there are numerous other clubs with Sky Blue as a nicknake but not sure if any hae the Bedouins as their name

Gavin - Yes it has a certain ring to it doesn't it and catches the imagination. This is just a reminder of our Club history:

Kentish Town Football Club

A Brief History

The club was founded in 1994 by two parents concerned with the lack of opportunity to play competitive football in the local area for young players.

In 1995 the club played its first competitive match in the Camden & Islington Youth Midweek League, of that squad of eleven players three are still involved with the senior squad today and the two parents who originally set up the club are now Directors.

By 1998 the club had added two more teams and entered the Enfield & District Sunday Youth League.

In 1999 the club was joined by teams from the disbanded Ferdinand FC bringing the total amount of teams playing in the Camden & Islington Midweek League to eight and three teams in the Enfield & District Youth League.

In season 2000/2001, in the Enfield & District Youth League, the U12’s won the Championship, Presidents Cup and fair play Trophy and came runners up in the mini-cup final, the U16’s won two finals and finished runners up in their division.

In 2002/2003 in the Camden & Islington Midweek League the U16’s capped a wonderful season by winning the league title and the league cup and the U13’s won the league cup and finished runners up in the league. The club has always had a strong youth set up and moved to the Harrow Youth League after the demise of the Enfield League.

In 2003/2004 the club took the step from youth football into senior football joining the Spartan South Midlands League and were placed in Division Two playing their home games at King George IV playing fields in Barnet and finished a respectable 10th position.

In 2004/2005 the club moved to ground share with Haringey Borough at Coles Park and after the AGM of the SSMFL were voted into the first division to strengthen it along with Cranfield Utd and Amersham Town. The team finished in ninth position and reached the last eight of the Division One Cup.

For season 2005/2006 the club were forced to move again after Haringey Borough declined us a further season ground sharing with them and we were invited to share with newly promoted Potters Bar Town Football Club at their Parkfield home. In an un-spectacular season where the Club struggled to find a training venue and young players often found travelling to home games, as well as away venues, difficult a respectable 11th position was reached, in addition the Club’s Under 14’s side, competing in the Harrow Youth League, won their league.

The 2006/2007 season began on a high note with the Club securing the services of a new Head Coach, namely Clement Temile, a high profile former Nigerian International player who was working towards his UEFA ‘A’ licence. Hendon’s historic Claremont Road was now the venue for home fixtures and the Club hit the ground running with a run of ten unbeaten league games scoring 36 goals and conceding just 7 in the process. The Club were top of the table at Christmas however fell away at the turn of the year when the groundshare with Hendon fell through and had to be satisfied with a slightly disappointing final position of 6th. A Reserve side competed in the Middlesex County Football League Division 2 however sadly the flourishing youth development programme floundered due to the lack of available funding and Coaches leaving and it was shelved for the time being.

For 2007/2008 Kentish Town Football Club are yet again at a new home, the impressive 10,000 capacity Copthall Stadium in Barnet will be the venue for home fixtures and the Club have high hopes of a successful campaign with a Reserve side competing in a regionalised Reserve Division 2 of the SSMFL.

The Club continues to develop in leaps and bounds and with the vision, passion and commitment of the Chairman Gregg Hazelgrove, Director of Football Frank Zanre, Committee, Management, Coaches, Players and Supporters will continue to grow into the future.

I typed in Bedouins into a google search and no other club came up just this article...Bedouins it HAS to be, plus I can make a good chant out of that BED OOOOOOOO INS !!!!!

The club, nicknamed the Bedouins because of its search for a permanent ground, has played “home” matches at neighbouring clubs Wembley, Wingate and Finchley, and Hendon.

http://www.thecnj.co.uk/camden/041907/news041907_12.html

Originally Posted By: Gavin

The club, nicknamed the Bedouins because of its search for a permanent ground, has played “home” matches at neighbouring clubs Wembley, Wingate and Finchley, Hendon, Winsow, Harpenden, Sun Sports, Brimsdown, Hoddesdon, Ampthill, Stony Stratford........

Dont make fun of Kentish Town Horace they do a lot of of good for football in the coummunity and are trying hard to make ends meet.

It cant be easy to have never had your own home base and be moving on each season, its commendable that they continue despite these problems to play football and try to improve as a club.

They are the kind of club I like, one that no one gives a chance to, the underdog.

unfortunately, it is Rhodes who has provoked all of this mirth at the expense of Kentish Town, and I apologise unreservedly to everyone at the club except Rhodes.

Rhodes I know you have mentioned Lee Scott a lot, but to be honest I have not read that many of your posts re Kentish Town because there were just so many of them LOL I see there is only two pages of posts on the whole SSML forum though now to read, so have been able to go back and check some out.

However I did not know that Lee has recently been released from prison, when you said he was to come back into the team I thought it was from injury!

I found this on line from the Camden New Journal

http://www.thecnj.co.uk/camden/2007/101107/news101107_17.html

Fair play to the guy for trying to go straight and turn his life around and also to the club for going that extra yard to help him out and your manager for giving him a job.

My friend and I could make some cracking songs up about Lee wearing a tag and defenders not being able to get close to him!

Rhodes..what papers are the best to get for coverage of Kentish Town, is it the Camden Journal? does the Islington Gazzette have any match reports or articles?

I think I should see if the Hendon Times will do match reports on Kentish Town, after all Copthall Stadium is pretty much in Hendon and the headquaters of the newspaper are just up the road so I will be more then happy to supply them with match report or a feature on the club, if they have Potters Bar which is miles away then they should have Kentish Town who are playing under their noses!

Originally Posted By: Horace
unfortunately, it is Rhodes who has provoked all of this mirth at the expense of Kentish Town, and I apologise unreservedly to everyone at the club except Rhodes

Horace - How on earth do you work that one out, Haringey Borough could have been as big a Worldwide name as Kentish Town are now had their Chairman not had something sinister to hide and shunned publicity at all costs. We are already laying the foundations to welcome Arsenal in July or August for a lucrative pre-season friendly as well as a number of other high profile Club's, possibly even Ajax.

We are already laying the foundations to welcome Arsenal in July or August for a lucrative pre-season friendly as well as a number of other high profile Club's, possibly even Ajax.

Wind up or true? I shall find out wink I dont see any reson why arsenal would not send a side to play Kentish Town, even it was their youth team it would get a huge crowd at Copthall (FACT) and generate lots of publicity for the club.

Does Clement's son play for Beittar Jersuslam? why not get them to come down for a match, can you imagine a team of their standing playing at Coptahll, with such a large jewish population on the doorstep of the club the ground would be packed and again lots of good publictiy for the club, and you could bring father and son together as you said.

But Horace you have to admit one thing, love him or hate him, Rhodes has brought awareness to Kentish Town FC, a club that before he started posting on here I had only see as a name in the paper under SSML results on teletext along with the other SSML results. I had no idea who they were, where they played (ok neither did their own playes half the time last season) or anything.

Now I am on the verge of watching them for the first time and joining them to help the club go forward, I think Rhodes has done a great job.

He has raised the profile of the club, that's for sure! Major Pre Season Friendly at Copthall in July/August? When they couldn't even get to play any games until September this year because of the athletics? He lives in Cuckoo-Land Gavin.

Horace - I think you know perfectly well that's not true and I'm a man of my word, don't forget a lot of the money raised from the planned friendlies with Arsenal and Ajax will go to the Athletics Club so they will be all for hosting them. Also if Gavin formally agrees to come onboard and signs on the dotted line on Saturday after the Haringey match the sky would definitely be the limit for the Club as we would both be spreading the gospel 24/7, Gavin's even more committed to a cause then I am as he proved at Edgware.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin's should be committed, as he proved at Edgware.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - I think you know perfectly well that's not true and I'm a man of my word, don't forget a lot of the money raised from the planned friendlies with Arsenal and Ajax will go to the Athletics Club so they will be all for hosting them. Also if Gavin formally agrees to come onboard and signs on the dotted line on Saturday after the Haringey match the sky would definitely be the limit for the Club as we would both be spreading the gospel 24/7, Gavin's even more committed to a cause then I am as he proved at Edgware.

If you are going to try and get Ajax to play you because of Hector, you had better start by learning what his surname really is!