Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy this saturday...

Uncle Urchin

I have a feeling we can do well in the three cup competitions we are left in and starting with Northwood on saturday can see us having a nice run.....its aint the FA Cup we know but I always felt robbed by the 'postponed' c0ck up in the quarters 4 years ago and a run this year would be just desserts...

get in there.... yay

Very true that unc. Still trying to forget. Every one sitting on the coaches waiting for a phone call outside in Bridge Avenue and having to get off when it came through.

A bit of a chill in the air that Tuesday night if i am not mistaken. We would have beaten them had the game gone ahead on that Saturday.

I think we would have played Canvey in the final.

Originally Posted By: Biased Bob
Very true that unc. Still trying to forget. Every one sitting on the coaches waiting for a phone call outside in Bridge Avenue and having to get off when it came through.

A bit of a chill in the air that Tuesday night if i am not mistaken. We would have beaten them had the game gone ahead on that Saturday.

I think we would have played Canvey in the final.

Yeah, but we f**ked the final up anyway!

Originally Posted By: Biased Bob

Remember that. A few Urchins came to our quarter final game against Maidenhead.

it was a vintage ryman premier year....canvey and Hx were by far and away the best teams in the league and could and should have fought out a close league decider and also a trophy showdown...they got lucky in so much as they went out of the cup earlier than us (to southend I think) and we got bogged down with cup heroics and let them get away in the league... and we only finished 5th..I was well disappointed when hednesford beat them in the final as I thought that canvey were by far a better team...just shows that anything can happen in a one off cup game..

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
it was a vintage ryman premier year....canvey and Hx were by far and away the best teams in the league and could and should have fought out a close league decider and also a trophy showdown...they got lucky in so much as they went out of the cup earlier than us (to southend I think) and we got bogged down with cup heroics and let them get away in the league... and we only finished 5th..I was well disappointed when hednesford beat them in the final as I thought that canvey were by far a better team...just shows that anything can happen in a one off cup game..

Yep that was a great season Unc. No side challenged us in the league that year but we were lucky that we avoided any major injuries and managed to grind out results when we needed to.

Had to admit you plus Hendon and Sutton were the best teams we played that season.